Groups

Has Anyone Used Shopto.net?

I have checked for reviews of this company, but the sameness of the reviews at the reviewcentre makes it look like they have been making their own hot reviews. Can I have all your opinions of this firm before I part with my hard earned?

30 Comments

Great usually post same day for me and it comes the next day or day after

Banned

i ordered off them a few times, items here within a few days

They are fine. Used them a few times.:thumbsup:

brillant compant if u by today u will get it tommrow recorded post

great company

Yep been impressed everytime I have used them.

yeah they are a great shop for games

very good with new releases get sometimes few days early.

good on del in general.

I've used them loads - was a bit of fuss about alledged credit card details some months ago but nothing concrete and their security is as good as anyones.

Find that they usually send out pre-orders a day or two early, they are often the cheapest or at least competative in their pricing and I love the way they store xbox live codes etc against you account so you can get them instantly or any time you need them.

Very quick to answer emails for me as well.

And no I dont work for them

i've used them most recently to get Battlefield Bad Company 2 for PS3 - great service from them and quick delivery - altho they had a 20% sale the week after i bought the game which knocked a few quid off it

Probably THE best place to get games from.

Never ever had a problem with them. Small enough to actually care about their customers.

can't fault them, i'm now a gold member :-D

yep, seem pretty good for me too

One of the best places, if not the best place, to buy games from! Your "hard earned" will be well spent there. They do lots of little things that add up to great service, like texting when your order's dispatched etc.

Used them a few times - usually for the latest games etc as they were working out a lot cheaper. Free delivery as well if I remember. Quick too. I'd have no problem ordering again.

Just make sure you don't order more than 2 of the same game as you will be regarded as a TRADER......:thumbsup:

Original Poster

Thanks guys...I suppose you can't all be employees can you ;-)

Top company, super fast delivery I would recommend highly

definately recommend them! very cheap and always next day delivery in my experience!

The best imo

FAILED TO DELIVER ITEM. Bought Arkham Knight 7 Days ago with 1-3 days delivery - Still waiting

So I purchased Batman: Arkham Knight on the 25/06/15 using the 1-3 day delivery option. Waited 7 days for the item to arrive before I decided to check if there was an issue with delivery. The Order page of the website only shows the status as:Completed. I have tried to track the order but it won't allow that to happen. I've called my local Royal mail sorting office they don't have the item. I try to raise it with Shopto their policy is that they have to wait 15 days before an item is "Lost". I have raised a ticket using their internal system 9 hours to ask for a full refund so I can purchase it at Tesco and get it delivered to a store next to me the NEXT day at no additional cost, sadly no one has been in touch all I have received is a "ticket" confirming I have contacted them. It's been a very poor experience indeed, I've used ShopTo in the past without issue however I've been using Tesco much more. Not sure why I went back to ShopTo, sure as hell won't be going back again. It's the same price at both retailers just one has a much better service. What I wouldn't pay for good service. 0 out of 5 stars.

Kudos on the dead thread resurrection.

ShopTo are a great company in my opinion. Sounds like you've just been unlucky there.

Ibbi360

Also for information:
    "Avoid SHOPTO.net like the plague" (marc1982; Posted 4 months, 2 weeks ago)

Plus a comment of mine from just under three months ago:

[ hotukdeals.com/mis…476 ]
    ---
    The demise of ShopTo.net:

Customers' credit/debit card details released to unknown third parties via the security breach at their card payment processing service. Not acknowledging their agents were at fault & denying any involvement whatsoever.

Selling used items as new.

Offering to buy GAME Reward Cards for £3.00 (regardless of credit upon the associated account) & gloating about the retailer's poor fortune via social media channels (including their own Blog) on the very same day that thousands of staff at The Game Group did not know if they would have employment by the end of the week. Then, when the Reward Scheme was reinstated, using the credit to buy GAME Exclusive Editions for re-sale at a higher price.

Implementing a poorly-designed disorganised web site, that was either too slow, or constantly offline pending updates for what appeared to be many weeks without any clear indication of when the site would be usable again.

Taking payment for PlayStation 4 pre-orders without warning.

Diminishing quality of customer service / coupled with the appalling ticket-based system implemented with the revised web site.

Withdrawal of cashback incentives.

Higher prices.
    ---

I knew before clicking this thread it would be a necro bump by some noob followed FP ctrl+v'ing his anti-shopto word document X)

I've used them no issues, have had an item go missing in the past and they refunded no probs once once we passed the Royal Mail's 'wait 4 weeks it might turn up rule'.

dtovey89

I knew before clicking this thread it would be a necro bump by some noob … I knew before clicking this thread it would be a necro bump by some noob followed FP ctrl+v'ing his anti-shopto word document X)

Glad I didn't disappoint you

fanpages

Glad I didn't disappoint you

You could never disappoint, Son

deeky

You could never disappoint, Son

I am perhaps confusing adulation with predictability, but thanks.

Ibbi360

FAILED TO DELIVER ITEM. Bought Arkham Knight 7 Days ago with 1-3 days … FAILED TO DELIVER ITEM. Bought Arkham Knight 7 Days ago with 1-3 days delivery - Still waitingSo I purchased Batman: Arkham Knight on the 25/06/15 using the 1-3 day delivery option. Waited 7 days for the item to arrive before I decided to check if there was an issue with delivery. The Order page of the website only shows the status as:Completed. I have tried to track the order but it won't allow that to happen. I've called my local Royal mail sorting office they don't have the item. I try to raise it with Shopto their policy is that they have to wait 15 days before an item is "Lost". I have raised a ticket using their internal system 9 hours to ask for a full refund so I can purchase it at Tesco and get it delivered to a store next to me the NEXT day at no additional cost, sadly no one has been in touch all I have received is a "ticket" confirming I have contacted them. It's been a very poor experience indeed, I've used ShopTo in the past without issue however I've been using Tesco much more. Not sure why I went back to ShopTo, sure as hell won't be going back again. It's the same price at both retailers just one has a much better service. What I wouldn't pay for good service. 0 out of 5 stars.

if you have to wait for a refund before you can afford to buy it elsewhere..perhaps you shouldn't be spending any money at all on gaming?

asking you to wait 15 days before it's classed as lost is perfectly reasonable

dataload

if you have to wait for a refund before you can afford to buy it … if you have to wait for a refund before you can afford to buy it elsewhere..perhaps you shouldn't be spending any money at all on gaming?asking you to wait 15 days before it's classed as lost is perfectly reasonable

Agreed - the 15 days is reasonable and comes from Royal Mail not shopto.

I've bought a number of PS3 games from them over the years and never had an issue. Games usually arrive within 3 days of ordering.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19047114
      2. Spotify Family Premium share513
      3. word association Game73944489
      4. Show us your Photos 2017. September's Theme - 'Earth, Wind & Fire'32453

See more discussions