Has anyone used temporary tooth filling products?

Posted 23rd Aug
Which would you recommend and are they any good? Where to buy?
Community Updates
Ask
Top comments
eelvis23/08/2020 20:10

Avoid, got one in emergency on holiday and ended up with a superpainfull …Avoid, got one in emergency on holiday and ended up with a superpainfull abcess and lost a couple of teeth.

I’m sure this was caused because you didn’t look after your teeth not that you put a temp filling in
16 Comments
Avoid, got one in emergency on holiday and ended up with a superpainfull abcess and lost a couple of teeth.

Avoid, got one in emergency on holiday and ended up with a superpainfull …Avoid, got one in emergency on holiday and ended up with a superpainfull abcess and lost a couple of teeth.

I’m sure this was caused because you didn’t look after your teeth not that you put a temp filling in

Well I need something to fill the hole until I can actually see a dentist. Otherwise the entire tooth will self destruct.
Toofypegs work. It’s a temporary fix (couple of months at most). They stress the need to make sure the cavity is as clean as possible before using.
I used this one earlier this year during lockdown when dentists were closed. It did a good job for about 6 weeks. Ensure the area is completely clean before applying and you should be fine until you can get to a dentist.

amazon.co.uk/Den…KQC
David_Hazle23/08/2020 20:24

Toofypegs work. It’s a temporary fix (couple of months at most). They s …Toofypegs work. It’s a temporary fix (couple of months at most). They stress the need to make sure the cavity is as clean as possible before using.

Yeah i am currently using this until my dentist has time to fit me in and have used twice since april.. cant wait to finally get an appointment but this has certainly helped.
Would say tho that i leave it in boiling water for longer than the 30 seconds they recommend to soften.
Private dentists will doing fillings
amazon.co.uk/Den…KQC

I can second this! Gives really good result! Brush your teeth for 5 mins before and pay extra attention to where your going to fill, I would add have a smaller clean tool too make sure you pack the tooth tightly, preferably before bed so no food or drink to allow it to set, last well until you can get to a dentist!
My dentist genuinely advised against any temp stuff and said cleaning it out and putting white toothpaste in (not the stuff with blue lines or bits etc) and letting it dry out by breathing through your mouth for a bit would do just as well for a day of protection.
Bertz9923/08/2020 20:31

Comment deleted

Like not looking after them like I said “ cleaning and brushing “
Bertz9923/08/2020 20:36

Comment deleted

I phoned on Thursday and left a message on the answer thing and they haven't called back yet.
ArcadeAssassin23/08/2020 21:20

My dentist genuinely advised against any temp stuff and said cleaning it …My dentist genuinely advised against any temp stuff and said cleaning it out and putting white toothpaste in (not the stuff with blue lines or bits etc) and letting it dry out by breathing through your mouth for a bit would do just as well for a day of protection.

The temp filling will help prevent more breakage though which could be caused by food getting in the cavity and putting pressure on it when you bite down.
rang when part of a tooth broke off and was advised to use a temp filling,which funny enough have done today
If you use a temporary filling, ensure the tooth is clean & dry.
Proud to say I've never needed a filling
Post a comment
@
    Text