Expired

Has anyone used the Asda iphone5 Lightning usb cable ?

Found 10th May 2014
I am in search of a good Iphone5 compatible with IO7 usb lightning cable. I came across this asda one which is for £10

direct.asda.com/ASD…tml

But have also ordered AmazonBasics USB A to Lightning Compatible Cable Apple-Certified White from Amazon for £12.

The Asda one seems tobe genuine Apple cable. Any feedback would help thanks
Community Updates
AskiPhoneiPhone 5S
10 Comments
Too expensive. A cheaper cable on ebay will do just nicely.
it's not a genuine apple one, it's made by asda.
you can see the rounded edges on the plastic on the usb end, the original lightning one has sharper edges

i would recommend sticking with the apple original cable at home. people complain about the longevity of it, but i don't subject mine to much wear and tear and it's been fine, has survived a year and a half with barely a mark or scratch.
i also carry one of these in my bag http://www.amazon.co.uk/Apple-Lightning-Micro-Adapter-ZML-Latest/dp/B009A5EIKY
apple original obviously!! not a cheap knock off which may or may not fail very soon. I picked mine up for £10.53 which was a bargain (also bought another for £15 from an apple store which is never discounted).
they're very durable, and if the micro USB cable goes wrong, they're easy and cheap to replace
smsmasters

Too expensive. A cheaper cable on ebay will do just nicely.

you cant trust ebay all the time if i were you i would buy it from asda at least if it doeskin work you can return it but if you buy from ebay you cant
Banned
APPLE store £15
Banned
don't get from eBay we have but didn't WOrk and they advertised it genuine
I have bought 2 from ebay and both have worked fine, ebay item number 370917053565
jasoncardoz52

you cant trust ebay all the time if i were you i would buy it from asda … you cant trust ebay all the time if i were you i would buy it from asda at least if it doeskin work you can return it but if you buy from ebay you cant

Regardless, if paying via paypal a refund is straightforward.
Edited by: "smsmasters" 12th May 2014
smsmasters

Regardless, if paying via paypal a refund is straightforward.

i would rather have my iphone not blown up
jasoncardoz52

i would rather have my iphone not blown up

It is highly unlikely that will occur since it is only 5V.
smsmasters

It is highly unlikely that will occur since it is only 5V.

but really cant take a chance if it was cheap andriod phone or an iphone 3 then wouldnt care but i have a new one last bought last month i really dont want to through any risks especially EBAY
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants