Expired

Has anyone used the John Lewis TV wall mount installation services?

Found 19th Dec 2013
Do they provide the TV wall mount as well or do we need to buy our own.

I have a TV being delivered on 27th Dec and I paid for TV wall mount installation services.

Can anyone help ?
Community Updates
AskTV Mount
17 Comments
I'd imagine they include it in the price, that way they would be confident of the quality etc. I always wall mounted my own tv's, it's not difficult, how much did they charge? Also I assume they are just surface mounting the cables? Are you buying trunking to hide them (the d-line ones are pretty good) or tracking the wall?
AndrewRoss

I'd imagine they include it in the price, that way they would be … I'd imagine they include it in the price, that way they would be confident of the quality etc. I always wall mounted my own tv's, it's not difficult, how much did they charge? Also I assume they are just surface mounting the cables? Are you buying trunking to hide them (the d-line ones are pretty good) or tracking the wall?

I am paying £125 for the TV installation.
It is slightly tricky as it is a 55 inch TV and to be mounted in the wooden bracket on the wall. All the wires are already hidden ..
Just had a look seems I'm wrong. http://www.johnlewis.com/our-services/tv-installation-services

Says "We'll call you first to double check that your wall and location is suitable before our consultant arrives to supply, unpack and fit brackets (sold separately, but they must be purchased from John Lewis)"

Pretty expensive then, wonder how much the brackets are from them?
Hmm, sure they require you to add one of their brackets. I'd get in touch very quickly! As an installer I'd be less than willing to install without prior knowledge of exact bracket. In my line we have lots of calcs done before approval to site, and if anything changes they must.
I think Andrew has echoed what I posted. Good luck.
wow thats expensive!
I haven't got any calls so far. Would call them first thing in the morning.

The cheapest wall mount is £99.95

johnlewis.com/avf…281
How much is the wall mount installation in the market ? I am buying an expensive TV so need professional services to get this done.
Or buy insurance to cover accidental damage from your own install...
This one is cheaper (£59.95) http://www.johnlewis.com/avf-jml8450-flat-tv-wall-bracket-for-tvs-32-to-80-/p615115

No idea if it's any good though.
Matey is clearly only hanging that as a picture as he has no cables attached or to attach and it is a super slim fit (need some neat 90 degree cables) lol
Hi don't shoot me down as this is my first answer,I have also been looking out as I want my daughters tv wall mounted(once Santa has been) an the best prices I have seen for them are from screwfix. sorry I have no link new yr resolution to get better at this
How do you know Santa is bringing a TV? I hate it when others are in the in crowd with celebs ;-p
Nerak80

How do you know Santa is bringing a TV? I hate it when others are in the … How do you know Santa is bringing a TV? I hate it when others are in the in crowd with celebs ;-p

I am Santa...an I'm sick of that fat guy taking the credit :-P
im a carpenter and run my own buisness and to hang a tv of this size id charge about £60 thats without hiding cables in wall thatd be extra. hope this helps when deciding. give a few local carpenters a ring get some orices.

djc
Best bracket available: Habitat Premium slim tv wall bracket for 33"-60" tv ( RRP £119.99 ) £7.99 + p&p @ Amazon. Not a mistake genuine price.
cooldude01

I haven't got any calls so far. Would call them first thing in the … I haven't got any calls so far. Would call them first thing in the morning.The cheapest wall mount is £99.95http://www.johnlewis.com/avf-jzl6701-flat-tilting-tv-bracket-for-tvs-from-37-70-/p587281

Did they have a big glass windows in the shop?

They saw you comming.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants