Unfortunately, this discussion is no longer valid
Expired

Has anyone used this site?

Posted 5th Oct
tobydeals.co.uk/en_GB/

I’m looking at Apple AirPods 2, they’re cheaper than most places, just wondered if anyone’s ever shopped here & if everything’s genuine, I’ve checked the Scam Advisor site which says it’s safe but just want to double check.

Thank you
Community Updates
Ask
12 Comments
They are located in Hong Kong that's why they are cheaper, everything is shipped from Hong Kong.
Yes and they are reputable. I bought a Canon lens from them. They have very good customer service too.
If it's shipped from Hong Kong from you could possibly be charged import customs fees on the item.
DistortedVision05/10/2019 11:58

Yes and they are reputable. I bought a Canon lens from them. They have …Yes and they are reputable. I bought a Canon lens from them. They have very good customer service too.

Did you have any import fees?
4Real201605/10/2019 11:44

They are located in Hong Kong that's why they are cheaper, everything is …They are located in Hong Kong that's why they are cheaper, everything is shipped from Hong Kong.

Ah ok thanks, so long as they’re genuine products I’m not bothered where they come from thanks!
claire751905/10/2019 12:09

Did you have any import fees?

No import duty fees. I checked with them beforehand. You can even get cashback with Quidco.
Haircut_10005/10/2019 11:59

If it's shipped from Hong Kong from you could possibly be charged import …If it's shipped from Hong Kong from you could possibly be charged import customs fees on the item.

Not according to their terms and conditions.

1.9. Import Tax

By purchasing a product through our site, customers outside Hong Kong authorise Toby Deals to make arrangements of clearance of customs on their behalf for the products they have ordered.
Our prices on our site are final and there won’t be any additional fees to pay when the product arrives.
TobyDeals are a Chinese seller (should tell you enough ) . Probable import duties and VAT, no customer service , no feasible way of returning (if the item did eventually arrive ) .

Any positive comments will be from incentivised members (the reason they were banned from HUKD ) . If you are silly enough to order from a Chinese seller , best of luck .
TD is sister co to eglobalcentral and tend to have similar pricing. Historically the customer had more protection if ordering via EGC and paying for any item over £100 directly via credit card to benefit from UK-based replicated warranty etc; not sure if TD accepts direct payment by credit card. Do not expect UK levels of CS from either merchant.
Ok thanks for those comments, don’t think I’ll bother, better to just wait for a UK deal
claire751905/10/2019 13:11

Ok thanks for those comments, don’t think I’ll bother, better to just wait …Ok thanks for those comments, don’t think I’ll bother, better to just wait for a UK deal

I'd have no issues with an EGC purchase over £100 per item paid directly by credit card. Would simply not purchase if under £100 and/or no direct credit card payment option.
Not used Toby deals, but have used eglobal central to buy an iPad. ( same type of company based in Hong Kong )
Took 12-14 days for delivery after dispatch.
No import duty as item description was a monitor stand if I remember right.
Or they ship to Europe and then to the UK. So no duty.
Apple give a 1 year world wide warranty.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants