snutuk.co.uk

looking to buy norton 360 -

advice appreciated

thanks

1. Misc
Groups
  1. Misc
8 Comments

Although I have no evidence it does look a dodgy site.

It is very sloppily put together, with spelling mistakes and empty categories.

I would not risk it.

As in norton anti-virus 360 ?? whatever for ??

I've just had to sort out a virused PC for someone who had clicked on a link from myspace.
It had filled his PC with virus's and not one of them were found by his anti-virus program ......guess what it was ?? norton 360 and he was actually paying monthly to his ISP for it .
I got rid of it and installed AVG8 , it imediately found most of them and deleted them . He was pleased his PC did not need a format and re-install .
Norton & Mcaffe are not what they used to be ,very intrusive and what we call bloatware .
You'd be better off with AVG 8 or a paid one like Kaspersky .

Of course , if you didn't mean norton 360 [ antivirus] ,i've just made an ar$e of myself !

Kaspersky is the best IMO. Avoid Norton like the plague.

cuzzy;2688835

Save your money Holly, download AVG … Save your money Holly, download AVG free.....http://www.computeractive.co.uk/vnunet/downloads/2210684/avg-anti-virus

While I am no great fan of Norton you are not comparing like with like.

AVG Free is purely Anti Virus (and a little bit of browser and e-mail protection)

Norton 360 is a full security suite (anti virus, firewall etc etc)

Suggesting someone uses AVG Free instead of Norton 360 is like suggesting a pair of roller skates in place of a car.

guilbert53;2688873

While I am no great fan of Norton you are not comparing like with … While I am no great fan of Norton you are not comparing like with like.AVG Free is purely Anti Virus (and a little bit of browser and e-mail protection)Norton 360 is a full security suite (anti virus, firewall etc etc)Suggesting someone uses AVG Free instead of Norton 360 is like suggesting a pair of roller skates in place of a car.

Ok, use AVG and comodo and maybe a free spyware program.

Its like a car for skateboard money:w00t:

Too many free programs that work well to justify paying for norton imo

Original Poster

cuzzy;2688835

Save your money Holly, download AVG … Save your money Holly, download AVG free.....http://www.computeractive.co.uk/vnunet/downloads/2210684/avg-anti-virus

thanks everyone - you ve just saved me money - again

i downloaded avg a few months ago after you all gave advice

friend saying how good norton 360 is but after the comments here ill keep with what i have got

rep to all and many many thanks:thumbsup::thumbsup:
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. First batch of original Xbox backwards compatible games33
    2. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7769554
    3. Anyone else bored of video gaming2849
    4. Add one, leave one game54415461

See more discussions