Has anyone used USA based Watch seller Ashford.com?

Found 15th Oct 2017
I'm after a certain watch which is quite expensive in U.K, but Ashford.com has it for incredibly cheap price. I have looked at the reviews of this seller at Uk trust pilot but there so many mixed reviews. I was wondering if someone has made purchase from them might able to tell what kind of experience they had!!!!

1. Ask
Groups
  1. Ask
6 Comments

You’d have to add 20% to the price for uk VAT because you could get stung for it when it arrives but the site seems unusually cheap even adding that on. Do they ship to the UK

Dannyrobbo2 h, 1 m ago

You’d have to add 20% to the price for uk VAT because you could get stung f …You’d have to add 20% to the price for uk VAT because you could get stung for it when it arrives but the site seems unusually cheap even adding that on. Do they ship to the UK

I usually use 30% as the rule of thumb as there can also be customs duty and delivery company charges for putting it through customs.

Check trustpilot or similar - pay with a credit card so if it does go tits up you've got cover

EndlessWaves5 h, 3 m ago

I usually use 30% as the rule of thumb as there can also be customs duty …I usually use 30% as the rule of thumb as there can also be customs duty and delivery company charges for putting it through customs.

For cheap items yeah but 15 quid charges on top of an expensive watch is a drop in the ocean.

If I was spending alot of money I'd be seriously worried with the below statements.

- All items shipped to any address outside the United States are considered a final sale and cannot be returned.

Please note that these warranties are valid only at Ashford. Repair or warranty service performed by someone other than Ashford will void these warranties.

Also the fact they don't even know the VAT rate in the UK either.They say it's 17.5% even though the website was updated 26th Jan 17. It's been 20% since 2011.

Original Poster

Dannyrobbo8 h, 32 m ago

You’d have to add 20% to the price for uk VAT because you could get stung f …You’d have to add 20% to the price for uk VAT because you could get stung for it when it arrives but the site seems unusually cheap even adding that on. Do they ship to the UK

Yeah they do ship to U.K.
Post a comment
@
    Text