Groups

Has anyone used webuyanycar?

As title really, their trustpilot score is high, yet reviews are mixed at best, I got offered a price 6 days ago, 3 days later I got a email upping their offer, and just now I got another email upping it yet again, and now the offer is £500 more than the garage offered me in PX....

but then I read reviews where people have £300+ knocked off for a simple stone chip etc...

so trusted members, what is your experience?

21 Comments

avoid

Hi, I attempted once to sell a vauxhall insignia to them. you have to put in the car details on their website, fix up an appointment and following a document check, a visual inspection follows. I don't remember being asked to give the car keys for a test drive. Anyways, they input the checks and details into their system and give you a low ball price. For a unmarked, average mileage car on top specification, I got a price lower by £900 than what I got by eventually selling it to a main dealer! What a waste of time. I would imagine that they would have harshly priced for any visible damage to the body work too.

I used them a year and a half ago. They took around £300 off after checking the car. It had a few scratches and no log book. Oh Yeh and a cigarette burn on the back seat.

How far is your local depot? No harm in taking it down for a real valuation, you don't have to take their offer if they knock down

Not used them but:
    " trustpilot score is high, yet reviews are mixed at best"
    My Scumbag alarm goes off really loudly.
    Webuyanyhouse started offering a deal for any house offered to them . The deals turned out to be exactly half the market value of the building, so stick to Ebay maybe?

take it to them see what they offer when you get there. you don't have to sell it to them

discozohan

take it to them see what they offer when you get there. you don't have to … take it to them see what they offer when you get there. you don't have to sell it to them

+1

If there offering £500 more than your px offer then surely its a no brainer to go along and see what they actually offer...

they offered me a stoopid price, got the same as scrap when the cambelt went pop a year later! they've gotta pay for corden somehow I guess

Just be aware they charge a transaction fee if they offer you over £99.99.
    There is no transaction fee if you choose not to sell your car to us.
    If you do decide to sell to us, then a transaction fee may apply at the point of sale. The transaction fee depends on the final price:
    There is no transaction fee applicable for cars valued below £99.99 (subject to minimum valuation of £50)
    A transaction fee of £49.99 is applicable for vehicles valued at £100.00 to £4999.99
    Where the Price is £5,000 or more, the transaction fee is £74.99

Edited by: "shywallflower" 2nd Mar

P!ss takers, keep away and sell it privately.

The scrap value of a car non running is worth more that 100 quid near me.

Non of these type of dealers great but I have heard that these are a bit better wewantanycar.com

As above, if here is one close to you, you have nothing to loose. Just be aware of any fees etc.

They are for people desperate for money like the loans at 1000% APR. stay well clear.

To throw another option out there; Drive the Deal have just started a scheme where motor dealers bid for your car. I have had a quick look and it seems that you pay DTD a £29 fee which is refunded if you do not receive an offer that is at least £250 more than webuyanycar's. May be worth a read of the T&C's. Link to the site below:

drivethedeal.com/sel…car

Diggler01

To throw another option out there; Drive the Deal have just started a … To throw another option out there; Drive the Deal have just started a scheme where motor dealers bid for your car. I have had a quick look and it seems that you pay DTD a £29 fee which is refunded if you do not receive an offer that is at least £250 more than webuyanycar's. May be worth a read of the T&C's. Link to the site below:https://www.drivethedeal.com/sellmycar

​I have seen that too looks good

just sell to whoever sees the car and offers most money. emphasis on SEES

How anybody sells cars through these middlemen thief clowns is beyond me, They are in the rip off business and should be closed down.

I sold a 2 year old Skoda Octavia to them in 2013 - I was getting a company car so didn't need it for trading in. I couldn't be bothered with a private sale and they offered me enough, on initial valuation, to clear the loan and leave me some left over.

They knocked off £400 for seven stone chips on the bonnet, none of which were more than a couple of mm across. I drove out of their compound and up to the chip repair place on the same industrial estate and got them fixed for £100 and went back for the full valuation. The guy explained that newer cars get more knocked off for cosmetic damage than older ones. He was friendly enough and I'd use them again if circumstances dictated.

They provide a service and if people are prepared to take a bit of a hit in order for some convenience then I see no problem with it. If you don't like the money they're offering you, then drive away again

If you have a newish mainstream/in demand car then they offer reasonable prices. eg recent audi/bmw/mini

If you have anything older/tatty then they offer a pitance.

Do not waste your time. Keeping it "very"brief we got a price & they did the usual knockdown so we did everything on "their
    It's" i.e. Removed scratches, dents, got all paperwork together then guess what the offer was even lower. They are just liars and has been stated already just prey on the vulnerable. I would rather sell at a lower price elsewhere than use these crooks but that is not easy to do anyway lol.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Win a Free minion usb stick77
      2. Tv choice magazine Issue 391313
      3. Magazine competitions - Issue 38 @ tvchoicemagazine.co.uk1717
      4. totalev.com comp - win an electric car2020

See more discussions