Expired

Has anyone used www.nationwide-cars.co.uk to source/buy a new car?

Found 27th Oct 2014
As per title, anyone used this company to source their new car. 

Most of the brokers I've come across before, just put you into touch with a main dealer, and everything is then dealt with through the dealership until delivery. 

However, nationwide-cars.co.uk apparently deal with everything, no contact with supplying dealer whatsoever and all paperwork is done through nationwide-cars.co.uk. The issue I have is they initially only want a £500 deposit, however are requiring full payment one week before collection. Vehicle be driven to your home address, no self collection is allowed. 

Would you proceed with the order? 

Shared Via The HUKD App For Android.
Community Updates
AskCar
6 Comments
try autoebid.com to see best dealer prices
norville555

try http://www.autoebid.com to see best dealer prices

Tried them but they come out over £2000 more expensive for the model I'm after compared to Nationwide or Carwow.

Just not too happy to pay for the car a week before taking actual delivery.
Pay the deposit with a credit card and the balance a week before by debit card. The fact you have paid the deposit (over £100) by credit card means you are covered by section 75 of the consumer credit act in the event of problems. See article in link

moneysavingexpert.com/sho…ng/
Section 75 only covers purchase of items up to £30,000
I used them 18 months ago to buy a Juke as they had by far the best price.

Good service. I had to chase them once but they always got back to me and kept me up to date re delivery. I even got an extra I had not asked for; Stop/Start option.

I did pay a deposit and then the balance with my car in PX and Fast Pay on the day I took delivery.

Remember that you don't get your Reg Doc for a few months and you will then be shown as a second owner. Or at least that's how it worked 18 months ago.
I've just bought a qashqai through nationwidecars. No problems, delivered a week later and just had the logbook through with myself as the first owner. 10/10 I'd certainly buy from them again.

Sorry, commenting is no longer available on this discussion.

Top Discussions

Top Merchants