Has anyone used www.sellyourlaptop.co.uk before?

Found 26th Feb
I can find some reviews on reviews.co.uk but apparently that site filters out the bad ones usually
Community Updates
Ask
6 Comments
Never used them, but found a thread from 2013 on MSE. As you scroll down more apparent it’s a scam. Check google earth for company address and see if you find a cartridge world shop, which apparently is not on CW’s store locator. Might be barking up the wrong tree but also check companies house if they trading legitimately or filed for bankruptcy.
Original Poster
Toptrumpet1 h, 46 m ago

Never used them, but found a thread from 2013 on MSE. As you scroll down …Never used them, but found a thread from 2013 on MSE. As you scroll down more apparent it’s a scam. Check google earth for company address and see if you find a cartridge world shop, which apparently is not on CW’s store locator. Might be barking up the wrong tree but also check companies house if they trading legitimately or filed for bankruptcy.

Ah that appears to be for sellyourlaptops not sellyourlaptop
Sorry about that? Can you be certain that it’s not the same company that is now trading under this new name
In between doing the ironing and cooking the kids dinner I’ve found the following out about sellyourlaptop.co.uk.
According to Suite.endole.co.uk there are 55 other companies registered to the address given to send your laptop to. - 1 The Mews, Little Brunswick Street, Huddersfield, West Yorkshire HD1 5JL.
I’ve looked on google maps and can’t be certain but the property itself is either a mews cottage or outbuildings attached to the local church. Googling their phone number 03309908888 also brings up uncertainty on which business uses this number.
The website itself according to Whois.com the website registrants details are being hidden by a private identity company providing a front on behalf of whoever really own the website, which to me is a red flag and not true transparency of a legitimate company.
The last thing is Scamadviser.com that states ‘Negative Reviews Detected
Sorry I can’ be more helpful but I would definitely be very cautious sending your laptop off to them.
Original Poster
Toptrumpet26th Feb

In between doing the ironing and cooking the kids dinner I’ve found the f …In between doing the ironing and cooking the kids dinner I’ve found the following out about sellyourlaptop.co.uk.According to Suite.endole.co.uk there are 55 other companies registered to the address given to send your laptop to. - 1 The Mews, Little Brunswick Street, Huddersfield, West Yorkshire HD1 5JL.I’ve looked on google maps and can’t be certain but the property itself is either a mews cottage or outbuildings attached to the local church. Googling their phone number 03309908888 also brings up uncertainty on which business uses this number.The website itself according to Whois.com the website registrants details are being hidden by a private identity company providing a front on behalf of whoever really own the website, which to me is a red flag and not true transparency of a legitimate company.The last thing is Scamadviser.com that states ‘Negative Reviews DetectedSorry I can’ be more helpful but I would definitely be very cautious sending your laptop off to them.

Appreciate the research. I requested a delivery label to see where it would be heading and indeed it is that address, the company name Ling Computers which is a legit store on ebay. I was very dubious before but now I'm not so sure.
Checking Companies House, Ling Computers Ltd are at the Mews address and is a legitimate business trading profitability. Just do due diligence on LIng Computers Ltd as previous comment above or alternatively ask another question on here ‘Anyone used Ling Computers Ltd?’
Hope I’ve been of some small help.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants