Has anyone worked at A royal mail sorting office before?

I've just applied online, and was wondering if anyone has worked at one before? If so what's it like? I know i should probably of asked this before i applied, lol.

Thanks

17 Comments

Banned

Depressing, soul destroying, a slow death.

FilthAndFurry;6611366

Depressing, soul destroying, a slow death.

:w00t:

game of footie

Youve just had 30000 people jump ahead of you mate, should of applied last week

Empty

Sit about drinking tea and opening peoples private mail :thumbsup:

If it's the main sorting office, it's horrible.

I used to do overtime at one, and you were counting the seconds until you left.

it's great great.....you get long weekends off work - thursday & friday off

Original Poster

thesaint;6611382

If it's the main sorting office, it's horrible.I used to do overtime at … If it's the main sorting office, it's horrible.I used to do overtime at one, and you were counting the seconds until you left.

Lol, how come?

Original Poster

kwikemart;6611385

it's great great.....you get long weekends off work - thursday & friday … it's great great.....you get long weekends off work - thursday & friday off

I should of said, i'm only doing part time- saturday -sunday.

My postman said some weeks ago there where vacancies at my local sorting office but said its the worst job you can get working for Royal Mail.

Nick_;6611388

Lol, how come?

I don't know the office you'll possibly be working at, but I used to do it at the one in "Angel, N1".
There's no natural light, and you were throwing off letters and parcels for hours on end.

It's mind numbingly boring, but the money was good.

i would imagine you get to meet the legend pat:thumbsup:

http://www.roughmusic.org.uk/images/rm16-postman-pat.jpg

It's like Christmas everyday!

Mind numbingly boring but ok on a temp or P/T basis....I was going o do a months worth of nights for some extra xmas cash,but wont if they do go on strike as I would never cross a picket line

ironic how you have to apply online and not by letter.......

I love to give Royal mail a try , just to see whats all the Fuss about..............:prop:.
30,000 Temp jobs ?? ............... I could see alot of our mail/package ending up on ebay !!!!
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767343
    2. word association Game73944514
    3. Do cheeky drivers annoy you when they park outside your house and leave it …2238
    4. *** Weekly game codes giveaway 188 ***1125

See more discussions