Has Black Friday already started?

Posted 24th Nov
I've seen loads great offers already, in particular I'm in the market for new 55" TV and not sure whether to buy now in case things go out of stock later. Therefore, the question I've got is it worth waiting till this Friday to go buy things or should I purchase already?
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

15 Comments
Yes.
Not much point in waiting for TV's when the likes of Richersounds do a price guarantees. If their price drops you just contact them before 3rd December and they'll refund the difference or if you see it cheaper elsewhere they'll beat the price rather than match it, ie beat it by £5 for £300 items, £10 for £300-1000 items etc.

richersounds.com/inf…eat
39103296-uVJnF.jpg

or not depends on your 'outlook' mate
a lot of retailers have already started, or claim to do so anyway. don't know if they will reduce price further next friday though, when it is truly black friday.
Edited by: "mutley1" 24th Nov
Zooicidal24/11/2019 23:00

Not much point in waiting for TV's when the likes of Richersounds do a …Not much point in waiting for TV's when the likes of Richersounds do a price guarantees. If their price drops you just contact them before 3rd December and they'll refund the difference or if you see it cheaper elsewhere they'll beat the price rather than match it, ie beat it by £5 for £300 items, £10 for £300-1000 items etc.https://www.richersounds.com/information/pricebeat

Zooicidal24/11/2019 23:00

Not much point in waiting for TV's when the likes of Richersounds do a …Not much point in waiting for TV's when the likes of Richersounds do a price guarantees. If their price drops you just contact them before 3rd December and they'll refund the difference or if you see it cheaper elsewhere they'll beat the price rather than match it, ie beat it by £5 for £300 items, £10 for £300-1000 items etc.https://www.richersounds.com/information/pricebeat

Appreciate the link, is richer sounds as reputable as John Lewis, got a price match for £499 on a Samsung UE55RU7400 (https://www.richersounds.com/samsung-ue55ru7400.html) so deciding whether to wait and do another price match, not gone to richer sounds before though
Exactly, was not expecting to see so many deals so soon, I guess one option is buy now and if a certain price increases to talk to customer service and see if you work something out
mutley124/11/2019 23:33

a lot of retailers have already started, or claim to do so anyway. don't …a lot of retailers have already started, or claim to do so anyway. don't know if they will reduce price further next friday though, when it is truly black friday.

The offers all seem reasonable, google and John Lewis seem to be doing it, I reckon they’ll be a few golden goose chases, but overall great offers around now
John Lewis will price match up to 30days after you buy and also give a free 5 year warranty. If they have the TV you want get it bought.
yorkie1225/11/2019 07:18

John Lewis will price match up to 30days after you buy and also give a …John Lewis will price match up to 30days after you buy and also give a free 5 year warranty. If they have the TV you want get it bought.

John Lewis do not price match anything bought during Black Friday, even up to 30 days after a purchase that was made during Black Friday (or rather their Black Friday sale period). They told me this when I called and asked if they could price match something
Edited by: "andrewworrall1" 25th Nov
andrewworrall125/11/2019 10:22

John Lewis do not price match anything bought during Black Friday, even up …John Lewis do not price match anything bought during Black Friday, even up to 30 days after a purchase that was made during Black Friday (or rather their Black Friday sale period). They told me this when I called and asked if they could price match something

That’s really strange, as in you could just easily price match for a price during the Black Friday period, therefore return something you bought in the period and get it for an updated price, just adds extra hassle to the customer, I’ll definitely go in store to confirm this as I want to make sure I don’t have that issue
andrewworrall125/11/2019 10:22

John Lewis do not price match anything bought during Black Friday, even up …John Lewis do not price match anything bought during Black Friday, even up to 30 days after a purchase that was made during Black Friday (or rather their Black Friday sale period). They told me this when I called and asked if they could price match something

Also when you say they do not price match anything bought during Black Friday, I got approved for a price match yesterday, so do you mean buying something now the asking for it to be matched after as the price became lower
yorkie1225/11/2019 07:18

John Lewis will price match up to 30days after you buy and also give a …John Lewis will price match up to 30days after you buy and also give a free 5 year warranty. If they have the TV you want get it bought.

Thanks for the advice, will buy it for sure now if this is the case
keerthanenr25/11/2019 11:22

Also when you say they do not price match anything bought during Black …Also when you say they do not price match anything bought during Black Friday, I got approved for a price match yesterday, so do you mean buying something now the asking for it to be matched after as the price became lower

I called and asked if they could price match. They told me they don't price match anything during Black Friday, and won't match anything that is on a Black Friday offer anywhere else. They also said the price match after purchase would be void in this scenario. Granted, it may be someone that didn't know the policy on the phone but it still made me purchase somewhere else after being told that
Ah fair, I actually used the website and was emailed they’d match, I went in store and asked about this and was told the same thing. They told me to clarify regarding whether they would price match if I found a better offer after purchasing and they said email them as in store is different.
More like Black November
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants