has indicating become against the law!!!

Found 15th Feb 2015
can someone tell me if indicating become against the law. the reason I'm asking cause it seems to be the majority of drivers do not indicate anymore including the police. it's only because I'm paying close attention that I haven't been run over. on one occasion when a driver didn't indicate I stepped onto the road but managed to step back onto the pavement just in time and the driver had the cheek to shout and swear at me!!!

Shared Via The HUKD App For Android.
Community Updates
Misc
65 Comments
I think car manufacturers have started build cars without indicators. I'm a driver and I hate drivers who don't indicate. its rude,selfish,arrogant and ignorant. the standard of driving today is at all time low!!
I pull out in front of them on roundabouts if they arent indicating. Then "kindly" remind them to "use your f*****g indicators" ! when they get mouthy.
I agree with the above. Car drivers should get a dash cam, pedestrians should get an action cam, to record them.
I have a dash cam and tend to pull out on people at islands that don't indicate. The exceptions to this are people with really ****y cars that would welcome an accident and commercial vehicles as the driver obviously doesn't care about having an accident.
Thought it was just me! Having just passed my test last year i cant believe the basic traffic laws that are being ignored everyday. Shocking.
I walk a lot and have only ever had problems with drivers not indicating. Oh and one OAP nearly ran me over as I was crossing at traffic lights.
I know of three people that still use them. The wife, myself and the bloke that didn't cancel his when he took me off my motorbike the other year.
The other annoying ones are those that indicate right in the left hand lane when going straight over a roundabout.
Better then people who use them, who think that they have the right of way just by turning them on and trying to push into heavy traffic.
I have never indecated in my life. I always indicate though.

You also get the idiots who think you only have to indicate when exiting a roundabout.
BMW's don't seem to have indicators fitted.
Python

Mine does
indecating indecating indecating indecating indecating indecating indecating indecating indecating indecating indecating indecating indecating indecating indecating indecating
Be more careful when you walk, you can only account for your actions not other peoples so just treat everyone else like an idiot that has no idea what they are doing. Safest way.
See em all the time round here, you have to be very careful, they are scum frankly. Also theres a road just before the supermarket which is a double pain, not only do they not indecate before turning but there is a fence in the middle of the high road that goes straight up until just past the side road before the supermarket, so you look and see its all clear and then some **** suddenly does a uturn round the fence to get down the side road. Think of it as a T the fence is there to stop idiots going either way on the road that is at the top of the T from going down the straight from both sides, sadly a increasing amount of idiots can't understand road signs or don't care.

Not indicating, ignoring crossings, reversing without looking etc you should have to be re tested every 10 years.
never go by other cars indicating,many a time an indicator is flashing to say the driver is going left,right and they do the opposite,roundabouts are a nightmare,nobody seems to know right of way!
miikeyblue

Mine does

I was crossing the road yesterday and a BMW driver stopped at a junction indicating right decided to go straight ahead... then got angry with me for not being able to tell his turn signal was for decorative purposes only.

Let's get him!

https://i.imgur.com/8iyZ3gN.jpg
spaceinvader

I was crossing the road yesterday and a BMW driver stopped at a junction … I was crossing the road yesterday and a BMW driver stopped at a junction indicating right decided to go straight ahead... then got angry with me for not being able to tell his turn signal was for decorative purposes only.Let's get him!

But... that's how BMW indicators work. I can totally vouch for him.
miikeyblue

But... that's how BMW indicators work. I can totally vouch for him.

remember, the BMW driver is better than you...he only wants to give you an "indication " of his intention...he does not have to follow through..

..trust me, I have one and speak from experience :-)
I like how buses just pull out as soon as they've stuck their indicator on
Python

I do and also have a brain that stops me posting boring, yawn inducing comments ............ most of the time
OMG...lack of indication drives me loopy...especially on the motorway!!
hardly surprising drivers end up confused.....after upgrading at our roundabout leading to robroyston asda.......you leave your exit and drive right round in the left lane to go right!.
I agree with above and pull out on vehicles that dont indicate to make a point but also be weary of vehicles that are indicating as a friend of mine pulled out of a junction when a car was coming down the road which was indicating to turn the corner but never did and it smashed into the side of him and it was my friend that was found to be at fault.
dc7911

I agree with above and pull out on vehicles that dont indicate to make a … I agree with above and pull out on vehicles that dont indicate to make a point but also be weary of vehicles that are indicating as a friend of mine pulled out of a junction when a car was coming down the road which was indicating to turn the corner but never did and it smashed into the side of him and it was my friend that was found to be at fault.

Why would you pull out on a vehicle not indicating? This just puts you at risk. How can you possibly 'predict' where they're going when they're not indicating? If they go straight ahead, you're entirely at fault.
Error440

See em all the time round here, you have to be very careful, they are … See em all the time round here, you have to be very careful, they are scum frankly. Also theres a road just before the supermarket which is a double pain, not only do they not indecate before turning but there is a fence in the middle of the high road that goes straight up until just past the side road before the supermarket, so you look and see its all clear and then some **** suddenly does a uturn round the fence to get down the side road. Think of it as a T the fence is there to stop idiots going either way on the road that is at the top of the T from going down the straight from both sides, sadly a increasing amount of idiots can't understand road signs or don't care.Not indicating, ignoring crossings, reversing without looking etc you should have to be re tested every 10 years.

Reading that so made me think of Eddie in Early Doors. Great characters, and a 2 series DVD worth buying if you missed it first time.

Cast list

http://www.comedy.co.uk/images/library/people/180x200/e/early_doors_eddie.jpg
defecately
davewave

OMG...lack of indication drives me loopy...especially on the motorway!!

So your the other guy who indicates on motorways? I think I saw you once, nice to meet you at last.

I sometimes wonder if people are sitting behind me in their cars thinking 'look at that idiot indicating'.
Apogee00

I like how buses just pull out as soon as they've stuck their indicator on

Buses have to run to time and nobody will let them out, forcing them to indicate and then pull out.
Middle lane hoggers along with Woman & OAP 4x4 drivers should be shot.
bigbaz

Buses have to run to time and nobody will let them out, forcing them to … Buses have to run to time and nobody will let them out, forcing them to indicate and then pull out.

That's utter b...s... - yes they have a timetable but how many times do you see them "on time" or the one supposedly should be there at a specific time but it doesn't turn up - only 10 mins later 2 turn up. They have their bus lanes to assist them at "busy times".

There is no excuse for poor driving by anyone - there are laws/rules to follow and nobody should deviate from them.

I was on LiveLeak the other day - saw a video about a police force that's going around giving $125 fines for people leaving their engine running/car to warm up whilst they went back inside. All criticism was at the police!! but who are they going to call when their car gets nicked?

I would love our police to give more fines to bad drivers (indicators / parking on pavements) then wait for the outcry from our public.
I would love our police to give more fines to bad drivers (indicators / parking on pavements) then wait for the outcry from our public.[/quote]

I agree with you about parking on pavements that's another thing really annoys me. lost count how many times I've had to walk on busy road to get past the vehicles it's even annoying when it's a van parked on the pavement cause it's hard to see if there is any traffic coming
scaryvonne

I agree with you about parking on pavements that's another thing really … I agree with you about parking on pavements that's another thing really annoys me. lost count how many times I've had to walk on busy road to get past the vehicles it's even annoying when it's a van parked on the pavement cause it's hard to see if there is any traffic coming

It gets me how the council will fine you if you leave your bin out to long/at the wrong time (which I assume is to keep the pavements free for pedestrians) - yet cannot do anything about parking on the pavement.

Only 2 cities (London and another) have banned parking on the pavement. No other authority will do anything about it but they have a law (Disability Discrimination Act) which should protect the disabled but do nothing about it. They have other Road Traffic laws that could be used but are probably too frightened to lose the court case and they have the power to ban it but don't. Yes there are some places where parking on the pavement might be needed but the council can lift those restrictions by signage.

Edited by: "philphil61" 15th Feb 2015
I just don't have time to indicate whilst im busy texting and looking in the vanity mirror.
transit

I just don't have time to indicate whilst im busy texting and looking in … I just don't have time to indicate whilst im busy texting and looking in the vanity mirror.

Are you the guy I saw brushing his teeth at the wheel the other week?
philphil61

It gets me how the council will fine you if you leave your bin out to … It gets me how the council will fine you if you leave your bin out to long/at the wrong time (which I assume is to keep the pavements free for pedestrians) - yet cannot do anything about parking on the pavement.Only 2 cities (London and another) have banned parking on the pavement. No other authority will do anything about it but they have a law (Disability Discrimination Act) which should protect the disabled but do nothing about it. They have other Road Traffic laws that could be used but are probably too frightened to lose the court case and they have the power to ban it but don't. Yes there are some places where parking on the pavement might be needed but the council can lift those restrictions by signage.

I live in london, do you think the laws are enforced? Lol
miikeyblue

Are you the guy I saw brushing his teeth at the wheel the other week?

No, but i was polishing my shoes , was a struggle to keep my foot on the accelerator at the same time.
philphil61

That's utter b...s... - yes they have a timetable but how many times do … That's utter b...s... - yes they have a timetable but how many times do you see them "on time" or the one supposedly should be there at a specific time but it doesn't turn up - only 10 mins later 2 turn up. They have their bus lanes to assist them at "busy times". There is no excuse for poor driving by anyone - there are laws/rules to follow and nobody should deviate from them. I was on LiveLeak the other day - saw a video about a police force that's going around giving $125 fines for people leaving their engine running/car to warm up whilst they went back inside. All criticism was at the police!! but who are they going to call when their car gets nicked?I would love our police to give more fines to bad drivers (indicators / parking on pavements) then wait for the outcry from our public.

The reason two buses show up together is because they are not running to time usually because of traffic. If there are bus lanes then the bus is not pulling out on you. Perhaps car drivers should show more courtesy, I would make it law that private vehicles have to give way to buses.
bigbaz

The reason two buses show up together is because they are not running to … The reason two buses show up together is because they are not running to time usually because of traffic. If there are bus lanes then the bus is not pulling out on you. Perhaps car drivers should show more courtesy, I would make it law that private vehicles have to give way to buses.

The reason two buses show up together is because they are not running to … The reason two buses show up together is because they are not running to time

hence my comment/reply that indicating and pulling out is not justifiable excuse. If the bus is late..it's late - it doesn't give the bus driver an excuse to be inconsiderate!

If there are bus lanes then the bus is not pulling out on you.

No it's the other bus that's hit the bus stop at the same time - that's pulling out into the normal lane to overtake the other bus....enough said.

As mentioned above - there are some considerate drivers and then there are inconsiderate who don't give a s... about anyone except themselves
Some good reading here;

gov.uk/bro…ode
People that indicate when already on the turn and people that last minute turn by hitting the brakes and not indicating. Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants