Has my hotmail been hacked?

Found 6th Oct 2009
Just signed into my Hotmail account and noticed an e-mail has been sent to everyone of my contacts, any advice?
Copy of e-mail in next post.

19 Comments

Original Poster

Dear friend,How are you recently?I bought a laptop from a website: … Dear friend,How are you recently?I bought a laptop from a website: [url](www.link removed)[/url] last week. I have got the product. Its quality is very good and the price is competitive. They also sell phones, TV, psp, motor and so on. By the way, they import product from Korea and sell new and original products. They have good reputation and have many good feedbacks. If you need these products, look at this website will be a clever choice. I am sure you will get many surprise and benefits.Greetings!xgmgof

:thinking:

possibly, better just change your password, which i wont be doing as im too lazy:-D

looks like it, change you password asap

Heard something about this on the news just now....u gotta change ur email address apparently:thumbsup:

I always receive so many of those e-mails. P*** me off!

cuzzy;6500215

:thinking:

That had happened to me before. I HAVE no idea how they did it because I don't really recall clicking a "dodgy" link and even if i did, firefox + Kapersky immediately stops me from proceeding. So I think they done the "brute force" route of using billions of passwords.

on second thought:
independent.co.uk/lif…tml

so i guess poor security by some 3rd party

hannah19790;6500247

Heard something about this on the news just now....u gotta change ur … Heard something about this on the news just now....u gotta change ur email address apparently:thumbsup:

not ur address haha, your password

cribert;6500295

not ur address haha, your password

lmao oh yh possibly :oops:

Original Poster

cribert;6500239

possibly, better just change your password, which i wont be doing as im … possibly, better just change your password, which i wont be doing as im too lazy:-D

Nightmare;6500240

looks like it, change you password asap

Done. :thumbsup:

Original Poster

hannah19790;6500301

lmao oh yh possibly :oops:

Had me worried for a minute. :w00t:

Original Poster

Artonox;6500284

That had happened to me before. I HAVE no idea how they did it because I … That had happened to me before. I HAVE no idea how they did it because I don't really recall clicking a "dodgy" link and even if i did, firefox + Kapersky immediately stops me from proceeding. So I think they done the "brute force" route of using billions of passwords.on second thought:http://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/gadgets-and-tech/news/hotmail-and-msn-users-hit-in-phishing-attack-1798349.html

I am always wary of what I click on, can`t think of anything dodgy... :? thanks for the link.

spyware

cuzzy;6500319

Had me worried for a minute. :w00t:

lol yh soz about that:lol: But honestly, I just caught the end of it on the news:thumbsup:

yes was on the enws earlier .... hotmail, msn, aol and a few others have apparently been hacked and lots of email addresses with passwords have been posted on the net.... eek

Can we remove the web site name from the second post, I dont think we should be giving more publicity to spammers.

My mum's yahoo account got done too. As for clicking a dodgy link, or anything, god knows with my nutty old bint of a mother!

Original Poster

guilbert53;6500504

Can we remove the web site name from the second post, I dont think we … Can we remove the web site name from the second post, I dont think we should be giving more publicity to spammers.

Done. :thumbsup:

tell me your password and ill go check for you?

superskilly;6500464

yes was on the enws earlier .... hotmail, msn, aol and a few others have … yes was on the enws earlier .... hotmail, msn, aol and a few others have apparently been hacked and lots of email addresses with passwords have been posted on the net.... eek

Where on the net have they been posted?
Post a comment
@
    Text