Groups

Has or is Sky Sports losing all the big football matches to Setanta?

Just wondering, woman at BT was trying to sell my Dad Setanta. He has had it before and didn't like it and it was very difficult to cancel. This woman said that Sky Sports has lost all rights to the big football matches and Setanta has won them and therefore in a year, you will have to have Setanta if you want to watch them?

I have not heard this before and I am not sure I would believe her as surely Sky is a bigger company and can pay out more for match rights than what Setanta can?

16 Comments

Not sure, I doubt it though. I only have sky sports for super league anyway so doesn't bother me!

All rubbish, Sky will get the big games as usual and Setanta will end up showing Wigan v Hull on a Tuesday night

no - setanta havent got all of them - sky still have monopoly on league games - got to say though - setanta are on the up and up - got a lot of world cup qualifiers - just a shame they cant get decent presenters - and better editing -
    imo if you can get a good deal with setanta - 6months for instance - its worth it if you like your football

Sunderland vs Liverpool
    23rd AugFulham vs Arsenal

9th AugFalkirk vs Rangers
    10th AugCeltic vs St Mirren
    20th Aug England vs Czech Republic
    6th Sep Andorra vs England

6th SepMacedonia vs Scotland
    10th Sep Iceland vs Scotland

20th AugNorway vs Republic of Ireland
    10th Sep Montenegro vs Republic of Ireland

10th SepRussia vs Wales6th JunAzerbaijan vs Wales

"From August 2007 46 Premier League games a season, with up to 40 featuring the top four clubs in the race to pick up the trophy . (Sky has 92 games).

From August 2008 25 FA Cup games a season, including two quarter-finals and one semi-final exclusively live. Final shared with ITV. (ITV has 16 matches but has first pick of the best ties). FA Community Shield, three international friendlies, all under-21 and B matches, FA Youth Cup, FA Trophy, FA Vase

Scottish Premierleague 60 games a season

Nationwide Conference 79 games a season

European football French, German, Italian, Portuguese and Dutch.

Golf US PGA Tour, Champions Tour, Nationwide Tour, Asian Tour

Rugby union Celtic League, French Top 14

American sport NHL, MLB, NCAA basketball

Racing 30 of 59 courses

Motor sport British Touring Car Championship, Nascar"

.............Sky will still have better coverage tho, thats why i'm sticking with them.

im looking at getting sky, but think im going to go with virgin media as its cheaper and as the other person says Setanta is getting better

i guess it depends on who you support and what type of games you want to see. sky have the championship and will have show most of the games including the top 6 prem teams. these are the games i want to see so i am happy with that.

im not interested in the scottish league or the conference so i won't bet getting setanta.

plus the pundits/commentators on sky are a hell of a lot better.

Thats rubbish, Sky will always have the big games like when the top four are playing against each other. Setanta do still have games involving the top teams just not when they are playing against each other.

If you had a choice between Sky Sports & Setanta I would definatly choose Sky :thumbsup:

Sky's coverage is far superior, I really do detest Big Les, and McMannaman's "special" state the obvious comments on Shitanta

I just tried to subscribe despite reading all the nightmare stories and a previous bad experiance personally with Setanta. I tried only because it is the only way to get Arsenal TV.

After getting though and asking to subscribe my details where taken down only to then be told they are having problems with the signal in my area and I need to phone CS.

Sounded like cobblers to me and the operator didn't even know what he was doing or how to connect me.

I said forget it and taken the CS number incase I changed my mind.

In the end I tried Customer services despite knowing I was paying 10p/min for the priveledge of having to be on hold for ages to give them 'my custom & business'. I finally get through and explain everything. The CS sounded like he was lost and didn't know what he was doing. He mumble something (sounded offensive) and blatantly hung up on me!!!!!!! All I asked was to be subscribed

Now did I have a lucky escape from Setanta by their incompetance in not knowing how to subsribe/connect me?

Who do these guys employee...... they are losing business due to their staff not knowing how to do anything and being damn right rude. Their base of operations but be a holiday camp for the local teenagers or something. A place to go where you have a laugh, pick up the phone now and then and hang up. then go home with a pay packet?!?!?!? Sounds that way!

WHY ARE COMPANIES CONNECTING THEMSELVES TO SETANTA like Arsenal TV. The bad reputation is something Setanta are bringing about and If I was Arsenal Tv I wouldnt want it rubbing off onto my business!

:x

I wish i could get ARSENAL TV through SKY to be honest. I know at least I would be treated as a customer and speak to someone who knows and cares about what they are doing.

Setanta need a watchdog investigation and a proper complaints authority really need to investigate their works practice or lack of it! And this is comming from me.... who couldnt even get connected to experiance all the bad stories or wrongly taken payments and the impossible hurdles to try to stop payments and cancelling. LOL

Banned

flashpanther;2734137

WHY ARE COMPANIES CONNECTING THEMSELVES TO SETANTA like Arsenal TV. The … WHY ARE COMPANIES CONNECTING THEMSELVES TO SETANTA like Arsenal TV. The bad reputation is something Setanta are bringing about and If I was Arsenal Tv I wouldnt want it rubbing off onto my business!

Are you sure which station is picking up the bad reputation by this association?

You have to deal direct to get the likes of certain channels..... This doesn't bode well for the reputation of Arsenal Tv etc that you can only get by dealing with Setanta.

Surely you can get Arsenal TV in the Setanta Sports Pack which is available to satellite subscribers?

Rebellion;2756863

Surely you can get Arsenal TV in the Setanta Sports Pack which is … Surely you can get Arsenal TV in the Setanta Sports Pack which is available to satellite subscribers?

Im on an XL TV Package and i get Setanta 1 and 2, News, Arsenal and Liverpool TV all for free:-D

To get Arsenal TV you need Setanta and Setanta are cowboys! You need to deal with Setanta to get Arsenal TV. As for Virgin packages out in the sticks where I live (LOL) there is no cable TV

well if its any consolation, you can get Setanta (on satellite) for 3 months for half price, also £13.50 quidco cashback. Don't like the 2 months written notice they ask for if you want to unsubscribe though!

setanta's a pain in the rear to cancel. thankfully i get it for nowt via virgin (xl package)
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Sad Gazza anecdote August 8th 2017 - Beyond help?1420
      2. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846154
      3. How dangerous is Donald trump?28128
      4. What are you loving on the BBC at the moment?63218

See more discussions