Has PayPal stopped allowing Direct Debit top-ups?

Found 3rd Sep 2017
Paypal used to allow you to add to your account via direct debit. It seems that they have taken this away?

paypal.com/gb/…556

I use this as a way of meeting various bank accounts' minimum monthly DD threshold in order to get interest, other benefits, bonus/rewards etc.

Any suggestions on alternative DD to set up?
Community Updates
  1. Ask
Groups
  1. Ask
3 Comments
The option's still there ("PayPal moves money from your bank"). However, I've been unable to use this for months now - I just get an error. I've reported this to PayPal and apparently they're investigating, but I don't hold out hope as it's been months now without any update.

Edit: ah, no, I've just logged in now to try to test it again and it's gone. That's definitely a fairly recent change.
Edited by: "Illusionary" 4th Sep 2017
Original Poster
Thanks. Just checked - and the option isn't there for me
But I did work out that from the PayPal app - it still is possible (says takes up to 5 days).
dybydx3 m ago

Thanks. Just checked - and the option isn't there for me But I did work …Thanks. Just checked - and the option isn't there for me But I did work out that from the PayPal app - it still is possible (says takes up to 5 days).

Yep - see my edit above. I've just tried the add and while the option's there, I still get an error when I try.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants