Groups

Has Political Correctness gone mad?

Anyone Watching it? have to say im finding myself in agreement with it so far.

Dont think a certain few individuals on here will though.

4oD link: http://ic.c4assets.com/brands/has-political-correctness-gone-mad/b3ed3989-98f8-40e2-b910-54e9aa15ea21.jpg?interpolation=progressive-bicubic&output-quality=90

80 Comments

What have the foreigners/Muslims/illegals or females got away with now??

Original Poster

Gollywood

What have the foreigners/Muslims/illegals or females got away with now??

Im guessing your not watching it then.
    Its about people being afraid to speak for fear of being branded "Racist" even for things that arent in any way shape or form "Racist" (thats one item anyway)
    Edited by: "118luke" 23rd Feb

Oh well. I was right then!!

Keep watching Luke & update us as & when the PC brigade keep going mad...

Original Poster

Gollywood

Oh well. I was right then!!Keep watching Luke & update us as & when the … Oh well. I was right then!!Keep watching Luke & update us as & when the PC brigade keep going mad...

You should watch it, it might enlighten you to be more open minded and not so quick to demonise people with an opinion (one of the topics discussed). Think you are one of the exact people thats being referred to.

Yes political correctness has in fact gone mad .
    The first symptoms started around the same time that it became fashionable and useful for getting on in life to be offended for others.
    Individuals who more often than not had not felt any kind of hurt , insult or lack of opportunity.

I forgot this was on, going to watch it on channel 4 plus1 lol cheers for the reminder

Being offended is a powerful weapon these days.

IF you're WHITE, MALE and HETEROSEXUAL then sorry it's your FAULT!

Graham1979

And you don't even have to work for the BBC? oO

Original Poster

Well constructed. I enjoyed that. Thought the last line was very fitting too.
    People need to stop being so easily 'offended' and soft.
    I doubt many that claim to be "offended" actually arent, and are just playing the victim.

Interestingly, i picked up on a clip they showed - the BBC news.
    "Donald trump has banned muslims from entering America"

No he diddnt, he banned countries that were highly at risk of terrorist extremists. BBC being biased yet again (_;)

Not watching.

I mentioned in a thread other day. Primark had a walking dead t-shirt and had to pull it. Due to someone complaining and making a big deal about it. The man that complained said if I was black and (so on can't remember the rest) he be disgusted and offended and if someone was in front of him wearing it he would know were he stood ( lol obviously in front of him).

So so many pc brigade when listening to them say if I was black, if I was gay, if i was a Muslim and so on they'd be offended when the actual people that supposedly would be offended don't care.

Wow tl/Dr well I wouldn't bother anyway X)

118luke

Well constructed. I enjoyed that. Thought the last line was very fitting … Well constructed. I enjoyed that. Thought the last line was very fitting too.People need to stop being so easily 'offended' and soft. I doubt many that claim to be "offended" actually arent, and are just playing the victim.Interestingly, i picked up on a clip they showed - the BBC news."Donald trump has banned muslims from entering America"No he diddnt, he banned countries that were highly at risk of terrorist extremists. BBC being biased yet again (_;)

Hang on. Please source that BBC line, that's obviously totally incorrect, a basic error that would horrify me if the BBC had reported it. Where was that?
    Edited by: "Rom" 23rd Feb

118luke

Anyone Watching it? have to say im finding myself in agreement with … Anyone Watching it? have to say im finding myself in agreement with it so far.Dont think a certain few individuals on here will though.

No, it hasn't gone mad if "political correctness" is a term used to define: decent, righteous, fair, just ,equitable, compassionate, courteous, caring types of human behaviour that is irrespective of race, religion, sex, creed, disability.....

Graham1979

If you're white, male and British then you're automatically racist etc..

I am offended at everyone else claiming to be offended.

Original Poster

Rom

Hang on. Please source that BBC line, that's obviously totally incorrect, … Hang on. Please source that BBC line, that's obviously totally incorrect, a basic error that would horrify me if the BBC had reported it. Where was that?

Honestly it did, its become that bad.
    Waiting for it to go on 4od then ill find the exact moment it was shown. it was Hue Edwards who spoke it.

Lol @ the usual lot ITT moaning about the PC Brigade

It's the 21st Century. Some things shouldn't be said. Yet here we have users who think defining anyone who isn't white skinned as coloured as being acceptable.

118luke

Well constructed. I enjoyed that. Thought the last line was very fitting … Well constructed. I enjoyed that. Thought the last line was very fitting too.People need to stop being so easily 'offended' and soft. I doubt many that claim to be "offended" actually arent, and are just playing the victim.Interestingly, i picked up on a clip they showed - the BBC news."Donald trump has banned muslims from entering America"No he diddnt, he banned countries that were highly at risk of terrorist extremists. BBC being biased yet again (_;)

​not that again none of the countries whom are actually involved in alot of terrorist activities have been banned like Saudi Arabia why not it's the birth place of wahabissm which is a major factor in the production of groups like is il and daesh.

Original Poster

dtovey89

Lol @ the usual lot ITT moaning about the PC BrigadeIt's the 21st … Lol @ the usual lot ITT moaning about the PC BrigadeIt's the 21st Century. Some things shouldn't be said. Yet here we have users who think defining anyone who isn't white skinned as coloured as being acceptable.

You'd like the part with the student discussion. they were saying the exact thing you said. then they were given topics to discuss like "Is crossdressing for fun" acceptable, is dressing up as "Pocahontas" acceptable.

Its eerie, you can pretty much apply everything that was said to some of the pro-PC replies in here.

Korean Actor - "its racist to ask where I'm from"

youtube.com/wat…fKM

contains swearing but Daniel the Spaniel is pretty good.

Original Poster

118luke

Donald Trump has called for a total and complete ban on Muslims entering … Donald Trump has called for a total and complete ban on Muslims entering the United States.

channel4.com/pro…001

41:16 in... the exact quote that Hue said was

I got the quote slightly wrong i admit, but Trump never made such a call. The BBC are still reporting heavily biased (fake) news.

Original Poster

splender

No, it hasn't gone mad if "political correctness" is a term used to … No, it hasn't gone mad if "political correctness" is a term used to define: decent, righteous, fair, just ,equitable, compassionate, courteous, caring types of human behaviour that is irrespective of race, religion, sex, creed, disability.....

So your saying it can only be used when positively describing a race/religion/sex etc...

118luke

http://www.channel4.com/programmes/has-political-correctness-gone-mad/on-demand/62378-00141:16 in... the exact quote that Hue said wasI got the quote slightly wrong i admit, but Trump never made such a call. The BBC are still reporting heavily biased (fake) news.

When was the date of the news report? He did indeed call for a total ban on muslims entering the country last year.

118luke

​everyone forgets the statement "I, Donald Trump propose to ban ALL muslims from entering the US" so I wonder why people keep getting mixed up between the two?
    Edited by: "jayman1986" 23rd Feb

Original Poster

Rom

When was the date of the news report? He did indeed call for a total ban … When was the date of the news report? He did indeed call for a total ban on muslims entering the country last year.

dont have a date unfortunatly, but do you have a source for this? Other than media outlets that is. (Ill accept Trumps' twitter feed as evidence)
    As i seem to remember Trump clearly stating that the Ban does not affect all Muslims did not intend to. (if i can find video footage ill post it)

118luke

dont have a date unfortunatly, but do you have a source for this? Other … dont have a date unfortunatly, but do you have a source for this? Other than media outlets that is. (Ill accept Trumps' twitter feed as evidence)As i seem to remember Trump clearly stating that the Ban does not affect all Muslims did not intend to. (if i can find video footage ill post it)

​​​I think he's referring to same as I have above. People like yourselves who HATE the PC brigade choose to ignore his clear statement during his election campaign.

December 7, 2015:
    "Donald J. Trump is calling for a total and complete shutdown of Muslims entering the United States until our country's representatives can figure out what is going on."
    Source: Trump's website...

Rom

December 7, 2015: "Donald J. Trump is calling for a total and complete … December 7, 2015: "Donald J. Trump is calling for a total and complete shutdown of Muslims entering the United States until our country's representatives can figure out what is going on." Source: Trump's website...

​I don't even know why you felt the need to quote that.... It was at a live new conference. unless the media also can create FAKE VIDEO NEWS

well back to the documentary, it seemed to be the white students being offended on behalf of everyone else, the Muslims weren't offended by the art exhibition that was deemed to be offensive to muslims and banned. the black girl wanted people to recognise her for being black, even though people trying to be PC didn't say black.

I'm offended by the fact that you may be offended if I get offended by something!

This is not on.

Where's that change.org website?

Rom

December 7, 2015: "Donald J. Trump is calling for a total and complete … December 7, 2015: "Donald J. Trump is calling for a total and complete shutdown of Muslims entering the United States until our country's representatives can figure out what is going on." Source: Trump's website...

You would expect a presidential candidate to understand what is going on. Yet here we are and he is now president and still clueless.

Original Poster

Rom

Ok thanks for that.
    Trump did not carry that promise out (and im glad he diddnt!) and took a more senible option instead. So it does boil down to when that BBC news was broadcast. But, irrespective - they are biased. Every time they do a report on Trump its with an undertone of mocking/disbelief. never seen the BBC like this before to be honest.

118luke

Ok thanks for that.Trump did not carry that promise out (and im glad he … Ok thanks for that.Trump did not carry that promise out (and im glad he diddnt!) and took a more senible option instead. So it does boil down to when that BBC news was broadcast. But, irrespective - they are biased. Every time they do a report on Trump its with an undertone of mocking/disbelief. never seen the BBC like this before to be honest.

He tried, it was watered down because it was a stupid policy and then the watered down version was successfully thrown out because even the watered down version was stupid.

Sensible indeed...

Original Poster

RossD89

He tried, it was watered down because it was a stupid policy and then the … He tried, it was watered down because it was a stupid policy and then the watered down version was successfully thrown out because even the watered down version was stupid. Sensible indeed...

Lets just hope the people who got it thrown out were right to do so. I hope for their sake that there isnt a terror attack in the next 8 years in the US that would have been prevented if the restrictions had remained in place. Such an incident would cause a lot of blood to appear on the protestors hands.
    Safety before Political Correctness

118luke

You'd like the part with the student discussion. they were saying the … You'd like the part with the student discussion. they were saying the exact thing you said. then they were given topics to discuss like "Is crossdressing for fun" acceptable, is dressing up as "Pocahontas" acceptable.Its eerie, you can pretty much apply everything that was said to some of the pro-PC replies in here.

That doesn't have anything to do with the comment I made.

I'm not PC but I don't believe in judging someone based on their skin colour.

I would also say "redding" up to resemble a Native American could be viewed in a similar way to someone who "blacks" up. Just don't do it.

118luke

Ok thanks for that.Trump did not carry that promise out (and im glad he … Ok thanks for that.Trump did not carry that promise out (and im glad he diddnt!) and took a more senible option instead. So it does boil down to when that BBC news was broadcast. But, irrespective - they are biased. Every time they do a report on Trump its with an undertone of mocking/disbelief. never seen the BBC like this before to be honest.

I have to concede that, I have noticed myself on a couple of occasions. I saw John Sopel at that press conference, I don't think it was appropriate.
    Generally though I think the BBC is a fine news organisation and I know for a fact they have iron clad rules on bias and innumerable other things, more so than any other organisation, the directives are crazy (my ex was a presenter).
    But mistakes happen to anyone and individuals might not be able to mask their incredulity dealing with Trump.

118luke

Such an incident would cause a lot of blood to appear on the protestors … Such an incident would cause a lot of blood to appear on the protestors hands

They were right to do so. It was a stupid policy, and a fantastic propaganda tool for those who wish to do America harm.

No it wouldn't. The blood would be on the hands of the person who carried out the attack.
    Edited by: "RossD89" 23rd Feb

RonChew

And you don't even have to work for the BBC? oO

No you would need to cover for child abusers

I think you have to look at it a spectrum, with the way blacks, Irish and other groups were treated in the 50s - disgusting racism - at one end, to where we are now in the 21st century, with some oversensitivity.
    Things are still evolving but I'm certainly glad we're now at this end of the spectrum than the other.
    I've seen someone on here describe E. Europeans as leeches so unfortunately there are people (like me) that think there's still a bit of fighting to do.
    Stephen Lawrence was only a few years ago, as a white man saying I was offended on their behalf is an understatement, I would have been violent on their behalf.

Banned

Will watch it when I am done with Question Time
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Aloha! Flamedeer Vacation is LIVE (until August 28th at 5pm)2226
      2. ** Motorola Moto X Force | Owners Club **32204
      3. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …84142
      4. Follow the Three Word Game!!!44624043

See more discussions