Groups

Hatchi 47DJ Backup Media - xbox 360

Hi I don't know if this will get removed or not, but is worth a try in asking for the hours I've put in searching for working media.

I have an Xbox 360 with a benq drive which has the iXtreme_1.3 firmware installed this 360 will load most backup media...

Discs I've tried for the Benq are:

Fortis Branded x2.4 DL's DVD+R work perfectly work in benq 360
    Fortis Printable x2.4 DL's DVD+R work perfectly work in benq 360
    Verbatim Non Printable x2.4 DL's DVD+R work perfectly work in benq 360
    RiDisc Printable x8 DL's DVD+R Don't work in benq 360

so don't really have an issue with my benq 360

Now the Hitachi 47DJ drive *scowls*

this one is flashed with the more recent iXtreme which is the 1.4 or something along those lines, and its media playability is very low.

Discs I've tried for the Benq are:

Fortis Branded x2.4 DL's DVD+R work perfectly work in Hitachi 360
    Fortis Printable x2.4 DL's DVD+R Don't work in Hitachi 360
    Verbatim Non Printable x2.4 DL's DVD+R Don't work in Hitachi 360
    RiDisc Printable x8 DL's DVD+R Don't work in Hitachi 360

I'm burning these with a Lite-on Drive which works fine with my benq.

any ideas either where to get the branded fortis discs from or how to rectify the hitachi drive so its less fussy

5 Comments

Due to the Hitachi drives detection of Book-type DVD-Rom dual layer media taking longer than other types of media (you will hear click click noise, security sector read routine has not be executed at this stage!) this can cause the Xbox360 dashboard to timeout causing open tray prompt. This is normal operation for the Hitachi drive and has nothing to do with the security sector read routine or any of the Xtreme firmware patches. Use the HDTV switch/HDD trick to soft reset the console (this doesnt reset the dvd drive) eliminating the timeout issue.
    Unreconized disc/dirty disc error is due to incompatible media/burner/SS for use with Hitachi. Best results are found using Verbatim media and Pioneer burner.

Original Poster

ah right will have to have a browse for this trick

Original Poster

anyone know of a compatible burner for the hitachi 47dj, that is in stock.

Original Poster

last bump then i'll try google again...

I've read that the Pioneer 111D is one of the best burners but also I believe is discontinued... there are newer makes but are they any good for backing up my 360 games.

Pioneer 115D I think is the more recent model but will it do the job the same...

Pio 110 or 111 is the best drive for Hitachi but the 115 should be nearly as good.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Meerkat Movies (2 for 1 Cinema Codes) | Official Trading Thread424814504
      2. One for the mathmaticians2847
      3. One thing you've forgotten55
      4. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767462

See more discussions