Groups

Hats off ! Abdul Sattar Edhi

Banned
    Okay so for a change a serious thread

All it takes to be a Superhumans is to be a human ?

I am mesmerized, totally and utterly, by the magnificent Abdus Sattar Edhi.

He lives in a modest house, still uncarpeted, is uneducated but has gone on to prove a whole bunch of people wrong who thought one man cannot make a difference !

20,000 abandoned babies have been saved.
    40,000 qualified nurses have been trained
    50,000 orphans are housed in Edhi Homes
    1 million babies have been delivered in Edhi Maternity Centres
    Free of cost food to 1 million Pakistanis who live below poverty line

Hats off !

27 Comments

Original Poster Banned

No one posts on my serious thread :-(

he indeed is a fantastic man. shame he cant do it over here too

What an amazing guy, ur right 'Hat's off'

Original Poster Banned

Sheep87;2870751

he indeed is a fantastic man. shame he cant do it over here too

I know, the nice thing about him is that he does not discreminate on basis of religion. I am planning an interview of A S Edhi and this will be anice question to ask

Dell_in_the_bed;2870735

No one posts on my serious thread :-(

Only coz it's soo unlike u:p

Don't know who that is and I can't be asked to google.

Original Poster Banned

hannah19790;2870771

What an amazing guy, ur right 'Hat's off'

I dont like publishing but I gave his organization couple of day's pay and it felt nice to know that some orphans will be educated or fed with that money, thanks Hannah :thumbsup:

Banned

was reading up on him before posting

Dell_in_the_bed;2870774

I know, the nice thing about him is that he does not discreminate on … I know, the nice thing about him is that he does not discreminate on basis of religion. I am planning an interview of A S Edhi and this will be anice question to ask

Cool, are you a journalist or something?

Original Poster Banned

sassie;2870787

was reading up on him before posting

Thanks Sassie and you know what I am all interested to know your comments

dxx;2870827

Cool, are you a journalist or something?

HIya Dxx hows it hanging matey, not seen you around today |?

I sometimes write for The news international, mostly reviews and very rarely on politics and economy

Banned

Dell_in_the_bed;2870842

Thanks Sassie and you know what I am all interested to know your comments

oh errrr, yes an amazing man, but lets not forget that his work is done by many, yes he may have started something, but without the good will of others he wouldnt have his name where it is today

Original Poster Banned

sassie;2870868

oh errrr, yes an amazing man, but lets not forget that his work is done … oh errrr, yes an amazing man, but lets not forget that his work is done by many, yes he may have started something, but without the good will of others he wouldnt have his name where it is today

His charity receives around 50 million dollars of aid from within Pakistan, but it takes one hell of a pesonality and effort to inspire that kind of response? Inflation in Pakistan is around 15% for the last few years and for someone to take initiative and provide free food without discrimination .... I think he has donated some money to Hurrican Katrina (remember the American flood) victims as well, his donation arrived before the American govts support to those people

Banned

Dell_in_the_bed;2870898

His charity receives around 50 million dollars of aid from within … His charity receives around 50 million dollars of aid from within Pakistan, but it takes one hell of a pesonality and effort to inspire that kind of response? Inflation in Pakistan is around 15% for the last few years and for someone to take initiative and provide free food without discrimination .... I think he has donated some money to Hurrican Katrina (remember the American flood) victims as well, his donation arrived before the American govts support to those people

yes, like i said an amzing man, wasnt trying to belittle that, just a mention to the other thousands that have worked hard for this case too ;-)

Original Poster Banned

sassie;2870919

yes, like i said an amzing man, wasnt trying to belittle that, just a … yes, like i said an amzing man, wasnt trying to belittle that, just a mention to the other thousands that have worked hard for this case too ;-)

Agreed and every single person who helps another human deserves serious :thumbsup:

Banned

Dell_in_the_bed;2870933

Agreed and every single person who helps another human deserves serious … Agreed and every single person who helps another human deserves serious :thumbsup:

i help at least two ever day, does it matter that i gave birth to them:oops:

Original Poster Banned

sassie;2870948

i help at least two ever day, does it matter that i gave birth to … i help at least two ever day, does it matter that i gave birth to them:oops:

hmmm..... lemme think..... no and hence some serious :thumbsup: for you our very own sweet Diva :-D

Yes, I've been reading up as well. I had never previously heard of him.

Clearly he is a focussed and determined guy who has a great deal of compassion and a lot of barriers to overcome.

arabnews.com/?pa…005
    “Unfortunately many hate me. The MQM, the Jamaat-e-Islami. I cannot go to Lalukhet. They’ve attacked my car and abused me. These organizations are jealous of my success. They don’t like that I get so much donation. There is a lot of corruption even in charity institutions. I am very strict. I’ve caught 1,500 cases of petty thefts in one year."

He seems to have the support of the population who are probably relieved that their donations are used so well.

Original Poster Banned

chesso;2870993

Yes, I've been reading up as well. I had never previously heard of … Yes, I've been reading up as well. I had never previously heard of him.Clearly he is a focussed and determined guy who has a great deal of compassion and a lot of barriers to overcome. http://www.arabnews.com/?page=9§ion=0&article=58566&d=5&m=2&y=2005“Unfortunately many hate me. The MQM, the Jamaat-e-Islami. I cannot go to Lalukhet. They’ve attacked my car and abused me. These organizations are jealous of my success. They don’t like that I get so much donation. There is a lot of corruption even in charity institutions. I am very strict. I’ve caught 1,500 cases of petty thefts in one year." He seems to have the support of the population who are probably relieved that their donations are used so well.

THanks for reading up and the link

yes and his life was threatened my one of the organization - a political one from what I know- as they felt threatened by him

Dell_in_the_bed;2871013

yes and his life was threatened my one of the organization - a political … yes and his life was threatened my one of the organization - a political one from what I know- as they felt threatened by him

It's a very special person who keeps on working on behalf of others even when they are threatened and tormented. I agree - hats off.

Original Poster Banned

chesso;2871044

It's a very special person who keeps on working on behalf of others even … It's a very special person who keeps on working on behalf of others even when they are threatened and tormented. I agree - hats off.

Thanks Chesso, I so far have one question that I can ask him

Why not in the UK ...

A man like that must have so much to say and explain and describe, you don't really need any questions. If you're lucky enough to get an interview, let him talk and see where it goes.

Banned

Dell_in_the_bed;2871096

Thanks Chesso, I so far have one question that I can ask him Why not in … Thanks Chesso, I so far have one question that I can ask him Why not in the UK ...

isnt that a bit of a stupid one :oops:

Original Poster Banned

sassie;2871143

isnt that a bit of a stupid one :oops:

Is it :oops:

Banned

Dell_in_the_bed;2871167

Is it :oops:

well it is really, think about it :oops:

Original Poster Banned

sassie;2871172

well it is really, think about it :oops:

give me my coat please

Just read his Wiki page.

"According to the Guinness Book of World Records, as of 1997, Edhi Foundation's ambulance service is the largest volunteer ambulance service in the world. He also personally holds the world record for having gone the longest time working without having taken a holiday. As of when the record was set, he has still not taken a single day off work."

Original Poster Banned

Thanks for the additional information Ungreat
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. 'Hard' Brexit offers '£135bn annual boost' to economy - BBC News1222
      2. How dangerous is Donald trump?33202
      3. Any PS4 News Here29213624
      4. So, whose already pre-ordered a Scorpio and where from?919

See more discussions