Have 2 Charities (Citizens Advice Bureaus) needing DDR2 RAM Anyone got some going unused?

21 replies
Found 4th Jan 2015
This may be a bit of a long shot, but it will be worth it for what it can provide.

I currently work for 2 Citizens Advice Bureaus on the IT front. As many people know they don't have big budgets for IT!

They have numerous older desktops, most of which are perfectly fine to use for what they need, however many are being upgraded (by me) from XP to Windows 7 and have sub 2GB of DDR2 ram.

Does anyone have any old DDR2 RAM they would be willing to post to the charities? (I can cover any postage cost myself if need be).

Most of the machines support DDR2 up to 1066mhz but no higher.

21 Comments

Is this DDR2 memory any use? I have sold the ddr3 so ignore that...

hotukdeals.com/for…805

Original Poster

mosskeeto

Is this DDR2 memory any use? I have sold the ddr3 so ignore … Is this DDR2 memory any use? I have sold the ddr3 so ignore that...http://www.hotukdeals.com/for-sale-trade/memory-ddr3-ddr2-2050805#post24009173

Yeah it would, most machine run 667mhz RAm already however I don't have money to pay for it but I can cover postage costs for them.

Send me your details and I will post it to you, my first good deed of the year?

Hi I have various ones from my dad upgrading our laptops, now sure size etc. will get him to check and get back in touch

Got a packet of ram that I've collected over the years prior to my current build. Would be willing to send it with only postage paid for in exchange only for some positive feedback? Trying to build some feedback before I put bigger items in this section.

Original Poster

delboyd

Got a packet of ram that I've collected over the years prior to my … Got a packet of ram that I've collected over the years prior to my current build. Would be willing to send it with only postage paid for in exchange only for some positive feedback? Trying to build some feedback before I put bigger items in this section.

That sounds great! Thank you so much, I will PM you their address.

It will be in the post tomorrow..

Original Poster

mosskeeto

It will be in the post tomorrow..

Thank you so much, little things like this really helps these charities out.

Especially considering councils are cutting charities funding by 30%!
Edited by: "EagleUK" 4th Jan 2015

Please PM your address and I will post it.

Original Poster

CyberBrain

Please PM your address and I will post it.

PM'd thanks so much.

Posted first class this morning

Original Poster

mosskeeto

Posted first class this morning

Thank you so much, it really helps these charities out.

Thank you for your post, as the items being supplied are done so without a price I have moved the thread to the misc section.

Original Poster

simplyjimbo

Thank you for your post, as the items being supplied are done so without … Thank you for your post, as the items being supplied are done so without a price I have moved the thread to the misc section.

Ahh okay thank you, was wondering

Why are you putting windows on em with how much that junk costs, make the staff use linux and save money.

Original Poster

Error440

Why are you putting windows on em with how much that junk costs, make the … Why are you putting windows on em with how much that junk costs, make the staff use linux and save money.

You can get charity licensing from Microsoft, it's around £7 per license, it also mean you can put strict controls on "client" machines on a domain to protect personal data and improve security.

They also have a need to use IE before 11 as multiple systems from various charities are quite up to date on new web standards.

Without charity licensing, I would agree.

EagleUK

You can get charity licensing from Microsoft, it's around £7 per license, … You can get charity licensing from Microsoft, it's around £7 per license, it also mean you can put strict controls on "client" machines on a domain to protect personal data and improve security.They also have a need to use IE before 11 as multiple systems from various charities are quite up to date on new web standards. Without charity licensing, I would agree.

shouldn't be charging at all

simplyjimbo

Thank you for your post, as the items being supplied are done so without … Thank you for your post, as the items being supplied are done so without a price I have moved the thread to the misc section.

That's useful, I don't even get a bit of feedback as a reward...

Did they arrive okay?

What a stark contrast between this quite lovely thread and the John Lewis "where is my free laptop, start a petition, hang the CEO" thread!

The two sides of hukd, I know which one I prefer, just sorry I am unable to help.

Great work people, just as the CAB do.

Original Poster

mosskeeto

Did they arrive okay?

Yes they did, sorry I pm'd the wrong user!

They were great for the job thank you very much. The CAB really appreciated it when I told them!

Now currently on the hunt for some USB wireless adapters which I think may be more difficult for me to source for them. (There are 3 machines which I can't hard wire in )
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Mobile WiFi calling?44
    2. Gearbest: Order - Nowhere to be seen...810
    3. WANTED tickets for Logic Manchester23
    4. Wanted: Sweet Sundays code (5 points) please!!11

See more discussions