Have 500 Wii points - any suggestions?

Just bought 1000 Wii points (minimum purchase) in order to download the Wii Internet channel. So 500 points remaining. Any recommendations for how to use the remaining 500, or is it worth getting some more for something else?

27 Comments

save em up with each game you get a scratch off panel,each gives you points if you didnt already know that!
you can then swap for goodies via the nintendo site,im waiting for the wii drinks bottles to be back in stock

Banned

how much did 1000 points cost

Original Poster

Mardyass;2136943

save em up with each game you get a scratch off panel,each gives you … save em up with each game you get a scratch off panel,each gives you points if you didnt already know that! you can then swap for goodies via the nintendo site,im waiting for the wii drinks bottles to be back in stock

Darn! Didn't know that :oops: And I've already sold a couple of Wii games on - should have grabbed the points!! H

Thanks for that :thumbsup: How do I add them?

EDIT: oh right, I see a 'redeem wii points card'... trying it now!

Nope, not that ... hmmm ... how to use these scratch cards from the games..?

FINAL EDIT! Ah, read your pot properly! Through the Nintendo site - got it! :thumbsup:

Original Poster

danby jason;2136965

how much did 1000 points cost

Feel a bit silly now :oops: £7 - A quick search shows I could have gotten better value with a 2000 point card...

I think you have to have a nintendo.com account and gain the vip points. You then use the VIP points to 'buy' wii points.

If Mike was here he would tell you!

Original Poster

bazzaric;2137048

I think you have to have a nintendo.com account and gain the vip points. … I think you have to have a nintendo.com account and gain the vip points. You then use the VIP points to 'buy' wii points.If Mike was here he would tell you!

Hey, is that what you were on about when you said some of your GC games still had points attached? You think they can also be used [ starts to rub hnds greedily ]?

The Wii internet channel cost 500 wii points?
I downloaded it free when I got my Wii and I think I
have used it once!!!!
I wish I could transfer some points to you Liddle ol' me
as I have some on club nintendo through registering games
which I probably will not use................

yeah, i'm sure they can be used. Not sure what games have what though matey!

Original Poster

simon012;2137071

The Wii internet channel cost 500 wii points?I downloaded it free when I … The Wii internet channel cost 500 wii points?I downloaded it free when I got my Wii and I think Ihave used it once!!!!I wish I could transfer some points to you Liddle ol' meas I have some on club nintendo through registering gameswhich I probably will not use................

Yeah, apparently they started charging for it a while back. :roll: Thanks for the offer of transferring points. :thumbsup: If I find a way of doing it, I might come knocking

btw, I only want the internet channel to watch BBCi Player.

Original Poster

bazzaric;2137075

yeah, i'm sure they can be used. Not sure what games have what though … yeah, i'm sure they can be used. Not sure what games have what though matey!

Get your act together, pal. Haven't you been keeping notes?!

Liddle ol' me;2137093

Yeah, apparently they started charging for it a while back. :roll: … Yeah, apparently they started charging for it a while back. :roll: Thanks for the offer of transferring points. :thumbsup: If I find a way of doing it, I might come knocking btw, I only want the internet channel to watch BBCi Player.

Now why did I watch "The Apprentice" on my laptop
when I could have done it on my bravia lcd tv via the
Nintendo Wii????!???? Doh.............

Original Poster

simon012;2137145

Now why did I watch "The Apprentice" on my laptopwhen I could have done … Now why did I watch "The Apprentice" on my laptopwhen I could have done it on my bravia lcd tv via theNintendo Wii????!???? Doh.............

Exactly! :roll:

You could download a virtual console game

500 wii points would get you a nes game - currently 55 to choose from. Save up a little more and 800 gets you a snes game with 1000 getting you a n64 game.

the list of current virtual console games are here

]http//en…%29

you need a gamecube controller to play some of the games

Original Poster

nipperkipper;2137219

You could download a virtual console game500 wii points would get you a … You could download a virtual console game500 wii points would get you a nes game - currently 55 to choose from. Save up a little more and 800 gets you a snes game with 1000 getting you a n64 game.the list of current virtual console games are here]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Virtual_Console_games_%28Europe%29#Nintendo_Entertainment_System_.28500_Wii_points.29you need a gamecube controller to play some of the games

Thanks NK. Yes, saw a few of them when browsing. That's actually what I was after with the post. Wondering if anyone would recomend one title in particular. Will take a look at the link later. Must sleep - cheers :thumbsup:

Liddle ol' me;2137276

Thanks NK. Yes, saw a few of them when browsing. That's actually what I … Thanks NK. Yes, saw a few of them when browsing. That's actually what I was after with the post. Wondering if anyone would recomend one title in particular. Will take a look at the link later. Must sleep - cheers :thumbsup:

Super mario bros 3 is probably the one that stands out the most although if you were to save up there are plenty of snes/n64 games. My favourites are mario kart 64 and super street fighter II, donkey kong for the snes

Original Poster

simon012;2137071

The Wii internet channel cost 500 wii points?I downloaded it free when I … The Wii internet channel cost 500 wii points?I downloaded it free when I got my Wii and I think Ihave used it once!!!!I wish I could transfer some points to you Liddle ol' meas I have some on club nintendo through registering gameswhich I probably will not use................

wiipointscard.nintendo-europe.com/php…al2

simon - think the info above means you can make use of your Nintendo points by purchasing wii points to buy download games. Hope that helps :thumbsup:

nipperkipper;2137312

Super mario bros 3 is probably the one that stands out the most although … Super mario bros 3 is probably the one that stands out the most although if you were to save up there are plenty of snes/n64 games. My favourites are mario kart 64 and super street fighter II, donkey kong for the snes

Thanks again NK!

Download Super Mario for the NES!

Original Poster

superfran;2138616

Download Super Mario for the NES!

Thanks superfan - might do that! Seems like I need another 300 points for SNES games though.

If anyone still has PIN numbers (on scratch card) on any of their Nintendo products they haven't registered, could you pm them to me? I think I can trade Club Nintendo points for Wii points at a ration of 4-to-1 if I link the accounts. Any PIN's gratefully appreciated! :thumbsup:

You can't go wrong with Kirby's Adventure or Super Mario Bros 1, 2, or 3.

And Wario Woods is a great little puzzler.

Original Poster

Rhys135;2139188

You can't go wrong with Kirby's Adventure or Super Mario Bros 1, 2, or … You can't go wrong with Kirby's Adventure or Super Mario Bros 1, 2, or 3.And Wario Woods is a great little puzzler.

Thanks Rhys - Kirby's Adventure and WW are new ones for me. I'll check them out :thumbsup:

streets of rage! thats my favourite vc game

Original Poster

guerilla;2139280

streets of rage! thats my favourite vc game

OHHHH....sounds violent!

it is, you just walk about the streets kicking the **** out of people, can use knifes and lead pipes as well. and they videos are violent these days!

Original Poster

guerilla;2139334

it is, you just walk about the streets kicking the **** out of people, … it is, you just walk about the streets kicking the **** out of people, can use knifes and lead pipes as well. and they videos are violent these days!

not my sort of thing really! :-D

i dont think they have scrabble! :-D (only joking i like scrabble a lot) i'll ask my brother which ones he recommend he's the biggest nintendo geek i know.

Original Poster

guerilla;2139488

i dont think they have scrabble! :-D (only joking i like scrabble a lot) … i dont think they have scrabble! :-D (only joking i like scrabble a lot) i'll ask my brother which ones he recommend he's the biggest nintendo geek i know.

Thanks - probably have enough recommendations above anyway. I'll use one of them :thumbsup:

alreet. his vote was for kirby
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767159
    2. Anyone want a Jack Wills single use 20% off £60 and/or £10 off £60 code?11
    3. Meerkat Movies (2 for 1 Cinema Codes) | Official Trading Thread423214455
    4. word association Game73844447

See more discussions