have a mate whos ps3 has died

Banned
he has ylod, console is 2years old, i know about the sales of good act,

console was bought from game, how would i go about, making the case to get another console,

i have seen threads on here regarding this, cannot find them

thanks for the advice in advance

12 Comments

Banned

my ps3 wont read discs and it about two years old to i didnt even bother taking it to the shop as i thought anything over a year old is my problem

PS3 fanboys will say this doesn't happen

Don't Sony have a system in place to post, send back and repair it for free? .................M$ do

Original Poster Banned

cloughmillsjoe;7283579

my ps3 wont read discs and it about two years old to i didnt even bother … my ps3 wont read discs and it about two years old to i didnt even bother taking it to the shop as i thought anything over a year old is my problem

under the uk law, the sales of good act covers you for 3 years, i know a few memebrs on here have, used this and got replacement, consoles etc.

im looking for advice how to go about doing this properly

Original Poster Banned

Alfonse;7283601

PS3 fanboys will say this doesn't happen Don't Sony have a system in … PS3 fanboys will say this doesn't happen Don't Sony have a system in place to post, send back and repair it for free? .................M$ do

no they dont, :x

mine went two days ago. also bought from GAME. i went on their website and used the letter from The One Show (in an above BBC link), sending it to their customer services. sent it yesterday so not heard back yet.
from what i've heard GAME first give you a free repair via The Console Doctor, and will then give you enough store credit to buy another pre-owned one (whatever your local has i guess) if it fails again

Original Poster Banned

casparwhite;7283652

http://whatconsumer.co.uk/faulty-playstation-3/http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/watchdog/2009/09/playstation3_and_the_yellow_li.htmlhttp://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=223649

Thanks casperwhite for the links, :thumbsup:

Original Poster Banned

emhaslam;7283724

mine went two days ago. also bought from GAME. i went on their website … mine went two days ago. also bought from GAME. i went on their website and used the letter from The One Show (in an above BBC link), sending it to their customer services. sent it yesterday so not heard back yet.from what i've heard GAME first give you a free repair via The Console Doctor, and will then give you enough store credit to buy another pre-owned one (whatever your local has i guess) if it fails again

Thanks, i will look into that, the game thing sound good, not sure about the one show thnig, were any people having any luck in regards to that?

dj_urban;7283751

Thanks, i will look into that, the game thing sound good, not sure about … Thanks, i will look into that, the game thing sound good, not sure about the one show thnig, were any people having any luck in regards to that?

its just a fairly generic email for lazy people. as long as you include whats wrong with your console, if a disc is stuck inside, when you bought it and for how much, and how a games console should still be able to play games after two years - therefore contradicting the Sale of Goods Act, you'll be alright.

Banned

sad to say mine was bought of ebay so i havent a leg to stand on any ideas?

I thought under the sale of goods act it was up to you to prove the fault was there when you purchased the item?

Unfortunatly I ended up paying 99 quid to sony to fix a Blue Ray Issue....
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7763937
    2. Cheapo tips for around the home. Aka "life hacks"2032
    3. Xbox One X pre order £449.99 @ Game (out 9th Nov)2450
    4. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846080

See more discussions