Have Amazon stopped delivering at weekends?

Found 18th Jan
It's currently Thursday night and I was on amazon looking through my wish list. I stuck a few things in my checkout and they both said delivery on Monday. I've got Prime so normally it would be Saturday. I put some more random stuff in the checkout and everything was delivery on Monday. What are they up to? The weekend is the only time I am available for deliveries.
Community Updates
  1. Ask
Groups
  1. Ask
24 Comments
Mod
Most likely due to the snow. Mine is the same at the moment.
Original Poster
Ahh, makes sense. Hopefully that's the reason.
I just ordered something, everything fullfiled by amazon - 2 out of 6 will be delivered tomorrow and rest on Saturday. (Manchester)
Are they definitely UK stock? If not, although Prime, they will take a few days.
Original Poster
hottoast27 m ago

Are they definitely UK stock? If not, although Prime, they will take a few …Are they definitely UK stock? If not, although Prime, they will take a few days.

Yes, UK stock. Everything I add to basket is Monday delivery. I've tried a lot of random stuff too.
Same. My deliveries are all monday
I just added an item and it is normal next day.

What is the item?

I presume it is "in stock" and "sold by" or "fulfilled by" Amazon.
Original Poster
hottoast20 m ago

I just added an item and it is normal next day.What is the item?I presume …I just added an item and it is normal next day.What is the item?I presume it is "in stock" and "sold by" or "fulfilled by" Amazon.

It was everything. Any prime product I added to checkout (and I tried a lot of them) said delivery Monday. I checked again just now and next day delivery (Saturday) is available again. Panic over it seems.
my prime order just now had monday as next day
what i've found quirky and weird is different items have different cut offs. i was looking at some similar replacement parts for a device i have around 5pm one day - one FBA prime would deliver the next day, the other had missed the cut off. but before xmas, i clicked on a book at 10pm and it was delivered before 10am. i know they have different warehouses etc and think that may also play a part.
Weird!

If you can be bothered you could check with Amazon.

If nothing else, they weren't doing next day so would probably give you a voucher or some recompense.
L555BAT4 h, 39 m ago

It was everything. Any prime product I added to checkout (and I tried a …It was everything. Any prime product I added to checkout (and I tried a lot of them) said delivery Monday. I checked again just now and next day delivery (Saturday) is available again. Panic over it seems.

It's a glitch, I remember other members on here had a similar issue, There was a way around it but can't remember, You had to do something on your amazon account and it'd return to normal and offer weekend delivery/next day etc..

*Edit* Think if you change your address and postcode it fixes it, Obviously change it back and the problem is resolved.
Edited by: ".MUFC." 19th Jan
L555BAT5 h, 6 m ago

It was everything. Any prime product I added to checkout (and I tried a …It was everything. Any prime product I added to checkout (and I tried a lot of them) said delivery Monday. I checked again just now and next day delivery (Saturday) is available again. Panic over it seems.

Just depends on the external environment snow and bad weather they push the dates out. Same at peak times between Black Friday and Christmas. In most cases they deliver sooner.
They still do. I used the amazon locker service as it was the quickest to pick up from local supermarket. Ordered 2 items 17/1/18 one is there today and the other will be delivered and available on Sunday. I'm not a prime member by the way.
I've noticed this since the beginning of the year. Weather has nothing to do with it. I've had stuff delivered from german fulfilment centres quicker/same amount of time as the ones up the road.
.MUFC.6 h, 11 m ago

It's a glitch, I remember other members on here had a similar issue, There …It's a glitch, I remember other members on here had a similar issue, There was a way around it but can't remember, You had to do something on your amazon account and it'd return to normal and offer weekend delivery/next day etc..*Edit* Think if you change your address and postcode it fixes it, Obviously change it back and the problem is resolved.

Just added a new address and selected sat/sun delivery options at the bottom. Now back to normal

**** amazon
And i'd just like to add..... Had a delivery scheduled for today, checked the tracking and it said handed to resident 20 minutes ago (15:45). Well thats odd as I was obviously here.... Had a quick look in the 2 safe places, no..... Just been back out and found it thrown behind my wheelie bins. Obviously opening the gate and walking it to the door was too much of a challenge for the delivery person.

So **** you too, delivery person

Btw they are normally pretty good around here but this one......
Shengis6 m ago

And i'd just like to add..... Had a delivery scheduled for today, checked …And i'd just like to add..... Had a delivery scheduled for today, checked the tracking and it said handed to resident 20 minutes ago (15:45). Well thats odd as I was obviously here.... Had a quick look in the 2 safe places, no..... Just been back out and found it thrown behind my wheelie bins. Obviously opening the gate and walking it to the door was too much of a challenge for the delivery person.So **** you too, delivery person Btw they are normally pretty good around here but this one......

Complain to Amazon and you should get compensation. Probably £5.
Derek_Horatio_Shatwell9 m ago

Complain to Amazon and you should get compensation. Probably £5.

I've vented, i'm done Item appears to be undamaged so its all good. It's just irritating that both UPS and Parcelforce have made deliveries here today, when I was at work, without this issue. Both parcels left in a SAFE DRY place.
They have stopped shipping over weekend to give the courier companies time to catch up due to back log with weather, depots are full of parcels.
Edited by: "cmdr_elito" 19th Jan
cmdr_elito42 m ago

They have stopped shipping over weekend to give the courier companies time …They have stopped shipping over weekend to give the courier companies time to catch up due to back log with weather, depots are full of parcels.

And i've got 5 magic beans, interested?
👎
I’ll take some mushrooms though
cmdr_elito4 m ago

👎 I’ll take some mushrooms though

If you fell for the weather thing, you trippin balls already bro
33099205-YjP89.jpg
^random item.

Before I added a new delivery address, EVERYTHING had a closest delivery of monday.
Shengis4 h, 17 m ago

[Image] ^random item.Before I added a new delivery address, EVERYTHING had …[Image] ^random item.Before I added a new delivery address, EVERYTHING had a closest delivery of monday.

They're still delivering on weekends for me. I don't know but a while back it was the same. Nothing would say next day delivery but it was anyway. Closer around Christmas.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants