Groups

Have an extra hard drive slot in dell studio 1735, which one should I get?

I think its a 2.5" SATA i need but I'm not sure... would i be able to connect a SATA II hard drive? and do i need an extra caddy?
    Thanks in advance

3 Comments

Only one from Dell will go straight in (I know I have the same laptop).

Any 2.5 HD that's sata I or II will fit the bay, but if you don't buy Dell (which is VERY expensive), you'll need a caddy and a sata converter as the pins on the 1735 end are none standard.
    There are kits on ebay with all the bits you need inc. Price, last time I looked, was about $35 plus shipping...

Original Poster

steve1221;5711974

Only one from Dell will go straight in (I know I have the same … Only one from Dell will go straight in (I know I have the same laptop).Any 2.5 HD that's sata I or II will fit the bay, but if you don't buy Dell (which is VERY expensive), you'll need a caddy and a sata converter as the pins on the 1735 end are none standard.There are kits on ebay with all the bits you need inc. Price, last time I looked, was about $35 plus shipping...

thanks.. would you reccommend getting one then, or just stick with the external hdd's which seem to be cheaper? How much more weight does it add to the laptop, which i'm sure you know is quite heavy :thumbsup:

Personally I use an external WD 320 gig passport drive, then I can use it on any pc or the media player.

But it really depends on what you're using the laptop for ?
    The weight of a 2.5 drive is next to nothing in relation to the weight of a 1735.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Win amazing travel prizes including £2000 travel voucher, flights and holid…11
      2. LG G6 International [email protected] droidauthority22
      3. Win a luxury eight-night break for two in Malaysia with Ushvani Spa and Tra…77
      4. mail on sunday comp - win a £3,000 thomas cook gift e-card33

See more discussions