Have I been duped!!!Purchased tickets for manic Street Preachers for this Saturday at Manchester arena.

Found 27th AprEdited by:"Pateo"
The website came up as Ad in Google viagogo.co.uk
Purchased two tickets
Number of Tickets:2
Priceper Ticket:£41.19
TotalTicket Cost:£82.38
BookingFee:£20.60
HandlingFee:£25.35
VAT:£4.12
Adjustment:-£0.00
TotalCharge:£132.45
Was sent confirmation email
Your tickets will be delivered via UPS (Express Saver) - Spain International no later than 3 days before the event. We’ll notify you by e-mail as soon as your tickets have been shipped.

Someone will need to sign for your delivery when it arrives at the delivery address shown below

But then next day was emailed
Please be advised that your tickets for your purchase order 885 have been changed to e tickets.

Kindly note these e tickets will be instantly available for download once you receive your email from us advising you to download and print your tickets.

I've just downloaded and printed out etickets. The name and address are some russian type name , with foreign address! I think I've been duped! Does anyone know how I can find out if the tickets are genuine and not fraudulent, even if tickets are genuine would I encounter problems if I get to venue?

I phoned Eventim ,was informed tickets would 100% be accepted regardless if unknown name and address in tickets, apprantley manic Street Preachers management have allowed any tickets to be used without the payee being present at entrance to gig!
Anyway, we used tickets got into gig no problems, MSP were awesome, fantastic night had by all
Community Updates
Ask
21 Comments
Contact viagogo and tell them your concerns that the tickets are genuine? And why are the names Russian? I’ve used viagogo but you should never click google ads to get to websites. It could be that you have been sold tickets that someone else didn’t want and used viagogo to trade them. Just check
zcgby035 m ago

Contact viagogo and tell them your concerns that the tickets are genuine? …Contact viagogo and tell them your concerns that the tickets are genuine? And why are the names Russian? I’ve used viagogo but you should never click google ads to get to websites. It could be that you have been sold tickets that someone else didn’t want and used viagogo to trade them. Just check

I emailed them two days ago asking for a partial refund as they originally said tickets to be delivered via ups Spain , then emailed next day saying they have made them e-tickets for download! I've had auto response but no actual reply yet!
Pateo9 m ago

I emailed them two days ago asking for a partial refund as they originally …I emailed them two days ago asking for a partial refund as they originally said tickets to be delivered via ups Spain , then emailed next day saying they have made them e-tickets for download! I've had auto response but no actual reply yet!

If you have paid for delivery then they have to refund that part. I’d call them up because you haven’t really got long left before the concert.
Lucky the tickets aren’t in Australia!!
Did you use credit card? If so get on to them about it.
Isn’t the amount of vat wrong?
Probably, I have thought they were making this sort of thing illegal anyway trading of tickets, sooner the better really IMHO.
Tickets for this event were not meant to be sold on. Manchester Arena t&c advise they may ask for lead bookers id on arrival . I found for venues in the past this rarely happened , but that it does far more now. Two months ago a venue I was at asked people to leave the queue if they weren't with the lead booker and wait for them to arrive.

It sounds off, why buy a UK ticket from a reseller in Spain, also as mentioned the figures don't look right anyway .

Personally I'd contact the venue as I doubt you will find they are genuine and you may as well check in advance . Problem then is that you will have flagged them up as a resale , unless you pretend to be the "original" customer who wants to check they are all ok.
Nearly £46 fees
That's scandalous .
Like mentioned you'd need to contact the venue but I don't think it sounds genuine.
Even if it is when they check your tickets they may not let you in if you can't match the foreign details.
there've been quite a few segments on radio 4's you and yours about dubious reselling.

google for more details.

e.g.

bbc.co.uk/pro…nts
VIAGOGO = legalised touts, and the sooner they are banned the better.
Wadda4 h, 36 m ago

Did you use credit card? If so get on to them about it.

Yeah credit card,I will phone them.
I've just tried phoning Barclay card, they said to phone back in hour as they're updating their system, hope it's not another tsb type problem. Also just checked my Barclay app for the viagigo , it's showing they're a Swiss company listed as theatrical producers wtf
Edited by: "Pateo" 27th Apr
zcgby0313 h, 37 m ago

Contact viagogo and tell them your concerns that the tickets are genuine? …Contact viagogo and tell them your concerns that the tickets are genuine? And why are the names Russian? I’ve used viagogo but you should never click google ads to get to websites. It could be that you have been sold tickets that someone else didn’t want and used viagogo to trade them. Just check

"you should never click google ads to get to websites" <---- Why not?
ipswich7827th Apr

"you should never click google ads to get to websites" <---- Why not?

Because the advert could lead you onto a fake website. Always search for the website yourself and click on a non-advert based link usually after the 2 google adverts, or just type into the address bar.
that's scandalous! I hope you have a great time if you get there - love the Manics!
Barclaycard have suspended the transaction and said they will recover the money pending an investigation. It's doubtful we'll be going concert now
Ticketmaster seem to still have tickets for the gig. Worth a look?
zcgby0317 h, 55 m ago

Because the advert could lead you onto a fake website. Always search for …Because the advert could lead you onto a fake website. Always search for the website yourself and click on a non-advert based link usually after the 2 google adverts, or just type into the address bar.

Does your head get hot wearing that tin foil hat?
ipswich7818 h, 24 m ago

Does your head get hot wearing that tin foil hat?

Are you trolling or do you not know anything about computers?
Norseg4 h, 46 m ago

Are you trolling or do you not know anything about computers?

Quite the opposite. I work in online marketing so fully aware of it all. It was the ludicrous comment about you should 'never' click on Google ads
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants