Groups

Have I blown the fuse in my ds ?

I replaced my touch screen and broke the little clip so tryed to hold it down with blu tack, now my ds won't hold charge as soon as I put the charger in it lights up orange and then goes off, also won't turn on as battery is completely dead.

9 Comments

Dont think the DS has a fuse per say.

You have obviously disrupted something when replacing the screen, take it apart again and check all connections in and around the power/battery area.

It sounds like its shorting out somewhere.

Celticsun;5472321

Dont think the DS has a fuse per say.You have obviously disrupted … Dont think the DS has a fuse per say.You have obviously disrupted something when replacing the screen, take it apart again and check all connections in and around the power/battery area.It sounds like its shorting out somewhere.

They have two fuses, shown here.

m3wiki.com/ind…ndo

Original Poster

I have checked the connections, looked on there net and it say f1 and f2 could be blown, but it was charging at first, all that comes on is the 2 orange lights one darker then the other and when I put the charger full in it just goes off

cuzzy;5472526

They have two fuses, shown … They have two fuses, shown here.http://www.m3wiki.com/index.php/Nintendo_DS_Lite_:_Repair_a_broken_console_(blown_fuse)

Your link didn't work mate ]TRY THIS

Interesting, not crazy on the idea of bridging a fuse with 'WIRE' be very nervous about leaving it on charge anywhere after.

Celticsun;5472581

Your link didn't work mate ]TRY THISInteresting, not crazy on the idea of … Your link didn't work mate ]TRY THISInteresting, not crazy on the idea of bridging a fuse with 'WIRE' be very nervous about leaving it on charge anywhere after.

Agreed, not the best way to repair, new fuses can be bought from ebay, but are so tiny, only about 5mm long :?

Original Poster

maybe I could pay someone on ebay to fix it for me then

Kellie + Paisley;5472649

maybe I could pay someone on ebay to fix it for me then

I think thats the way to go... if you`re not confident to do the repair yourself. Or mabye sell on ebay as faulty and replace altogether.
    I would still check all connections again though, just to make sure.

Original Poster

cuzzy;5472682

I think thats the way to go... if you`re not confident to do the repair … I think thats the way to go... if you`re not confident to do the repair yourself. Or mabye sell on ebay as faulty and replace altogether.I would still check all connections again though, just to make sure.

what connections would affect it the most?

Kellie + Paisley;5472724

what connections would affect it the most?

Not really sure, I would just recheck anything you have disconnected/reconnected...also clean battery terminals.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. miikeyblue and shabbird's (but mostly shabbird's) Tuesday night pub quiz!553773
      2. Do you have one of these 2.1 million 50p's selling for 20x its value?610
      3. Meerkat Movies (2 for 1 Cinema Codes) | Official Trading Thread423914468
      4. Try buy that Minecraft Xbone Argos deal? 10% online code in your email!22

See more discussions