Groups

have i broken my finger?

i accidentily slammed my finger in the back door earlier today
    have a little bit of bruising under my nail and it's not to swollen
    when i try and use it the tip of it hurts like hell can still move it as i hurt it near the end. it's my middle finger on my right hand and i'm right handed to it's really hard not to use it and was in lots of pain trying to do the washing up earlier
    do you think it's worth going to A and E tomorrow to get it looked at? don't really want to spend hours there tomorrow if i don't have to!

51 Comments

Ouch!! I hate it when it happens like that! Do you feel broken bones? Serious question though.

Im guessing it is just bruised! the reason it hurts alot is because the finger tips contain a lot of nerves along with the lips which is why when you hurt these parts of your body you feel it more!

See how you feel tomorrow

Banned

paging Dr Tinkerbell, paging Dr Tinkerbell...Dr Tinkerbell please respond

http://lowcadence.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/02/image_004.jpg

This is a broken finger... (cue, more broken finger pics, lol)

Original Poster

Marina;8818193

Ouch!! I hate it when it happens like that! Do you feel broken bones? Ouch!! I hate it when it happens like that! Do you feel broken bones? Serious question though.

all i can feel when i touch it is pain it's not too bad when i'm not using it but when something touches it it hurts a lot!

has happened to me loads of times! i'm in pain for a while then i forget bout it

Original Poster

jonny619447;8818219

This is a broken finger... (cue, more broken finger pics, lol)

OUCH!!!!!!

oh no looks really swollen

edit, thought that was missp's pic

Dont bother going to A & E my mum said she went once for a cut and there was people waiting with more seriios injuries like their arm virtually falling off so she wen home and bandaged it up !!

ilovelilac;8818226

oh no looks really swollenedit, thought that was missp's pic

Me too! :lol:

just sounds bruised, i know my broken fingers, done it to all of mine some twice :lol:

ilovelilac;8818226

oh no looks really swollenedit, thought that was missp's pic

You trying to say she has hands like a man :roll: :w00t:

Original Poster

Marina;8818235

Me too! :lol:

what's you're avatar off marina??? :thinking:
    bah, typing is taking ages! i can touch type usually but now i'm back to the one finger method :x
    stuuuuuupid finger :x

missp27;8818252

what's you're avatar off marina??? :thinking:

Just a googled pic.

jonny619447;8818248

You trying to say she has hands like a man :roll: :w00t:

lol it was either swollen or she has fat fingers :w00t::w00t:

i just saw the swell straight away didnt think to analysis if it was male or female hands :roll:

http://www.instructables.com/image/FI3R3KKFF8XALL8/Fake-a-Cut-off-Finger.jpg

:cry:

oh no thats gross

No gross pics please! :oops:

Banned

call 999, it sounds serious!

Original Poster

Marina;8818262

Just a googled pic.

:oops: Loooool! when i first saw it it looked like some wierd monkey thing :lol:

jonny619447;8818266

:cry:

lol ive never done that to any of mine, of my 12 (i think, many stavings too) finger breakages none of them have been open wounds

Original Poster

jubbyme;8818283

call 999, it sounds serious!

but it HURRRRRTS! :x
    haha, i know it's not serious, i'm just a wimp!

missp27;8818288

:oops: Loooool! when i first saw it it looked like some wierd monkey … :oops: Loooool! when i first saw it it looked like some wierd monkey thing :lol:

Monkey thing?! :lol: Its a happy girl or meant to be.

Banned

missp27;8818296

but it HURRRRRTS! :xhaha, i know it's not serious, i'm just a wimp!

the cure is a tub of ice cream

Original Poster

Marina;8818303

Monkey thing?! :lol: Its a happy girl or meant to be.

haha! i can see that now!
    has been a long day! :oops:

missp27;8818316

haha! i can see that now! :phas been a long day! :oops:

and a broken finger! :friends:

Original Poster

Marina;8818381

and a broken finger! :friends:

i hope not :-(
    i'm sitting on one of my brand new sofas at the moment which is cheering me up were delivered this afternoon and they're lovely!

missp27;8818396

i hope not :-(i'm sitting on one of my brand new sofas at the moment … i hope not :-(i'm sitting on one of my brand new sofas at the moment which is cheering me up were delivered this afternoon and they're lovely!

No its not, i was joking.

cool, what type of sofa did you buy in the end?

Banned

i accidentily slammed my finger in the back door

Quoted for the lols

Original Poster

Marina;8818404

No its not, i was joking.cool, what type of sofa did you buy in the end?

a two seater and a three seater in black leather they were a bargain because they were end of line, they were only £499 for both because i got £100 off for giving them my old ones
    over saved for my holiday and quidco paid for nearly half of them :-D
    soooo chuffed!!

Original Poster

vibeone;8818408

Quoted for the lols

you're so mean :x

where's my sympathy

missp27;8818462

a two seater and a three seater in black leather they were a bargain … a two seater and a three seater in black leather they were a bargain because they were end of line, they were only £499 for both because i got £100 off for giving them my old ones :)over saved for my holiday and quidco paid for nearly half of them :-Dsoooo chuffed!!

Oooooh well done

Goodnight.

Original Poster

Marina;8818482

Oooooh well done :)Goodnight.

night night
    x

missp27;8818396

i hope not :-(i'm sitting on one of my brand new sofas at the moment … i hope not :-(i'm sitting on one of my brand new sofas at the moment which is cheering me up were delivered this afternoon and they're lovely!

don't stay up all night sitting on them!! lol You want to keep that new look for a while not have a saggy bit!

Banned

missp27;8818462

a two seater and a three seater in black leather they were a bargain … a two seater and a three seater in black leather they were a bargain because they were end of line, they were only £499 for both because i got £100 off for giving them my old ones :)over saved for my holiday and quidco paid for nearly half of them :-Dsoooo chuffed!!

you know you have to 'christen' them now?

Banned

missp27;8818471

you're so mean :xwhere's my sympathy

I don't think you got the joke, otherwise you would have been more angry.

I'll get back to you when I've thought of a use for a large swollen finger.

Banned

vibeone;8818510

I don't think you got the joke, otherwise you would have been more … I don't think you got the joke, otherwise you would have been more angry.I'll get back to you when I've thought of a use for a large swollen finger.

she can no longer fit it up her nose to pick it :?

Original Poster

jubbyme;8818517

she can no longer fit it up her nose to pick it :?

:x i don't pick my nose :x

Banned

missp27;8818524

:x i don't pick my nose :x

who picks it then? or is it self picking?

Just strap it up to another finger, until tomorrow. That is all you would get done should you go A&E. If it's still too painful tomorrow then think about going to a walk in centre to get it looked at
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Show us your Photos 2017. September's Theme - 'Earth, Wind & Fire'32455
      2. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19047204
      3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767535
      4. HUKD Nintendo Switch owners thread941357

See more discussions