Groups

Have I got a good broadband deal ??

Called Oal today as I have completed my 2 month contract and was thinking about canceling, I have been paying £19.99 a month for 2 years as part of there free laptop deal.
    To cut a long story short they have offered me 3 months free- then £9.99 a month there after For unlimited Max, thats without aol talk whitch I told them I dont want as was glad to cancel it ( had probs throughtout the 2 years with the talk package)
    I would like to stay as It means no messing about with new emails ect.
    Kids use for laptops xbox ect,

They also said they would send me out new Latest model wirelesss modem ect,
    Just dont want to commit and then find I could have been better off somewhere else especially as it is !8 month contract again.

12 Comments

subscribed cos i'm in the same boat but my contract runs out in january
    have you tried the comparison sites, or broadband checker

Why are you thinking of leaving? if you want to move because of service then dont stick with them just because of price

AOL can go as cheap as 7.99 for their max BB

Original Poster

Angelstar;6298320

subscribed cos i'm in the same boat but my contract runs out in … subscribed cos i'm in the same boat but my contract runs out in januaryhave you tried the comparison sites, or broadband checker

No was thinking about putting it on my sky but heard its not as good, and they would want me to take sky talk also.

Original Poster

Starr;6298345

Why are you thinking of leaving? if you want to move because of service … Why are you thinking of leaving? if you want to move because of service then dont stick with them just because of priceAOL can go as cheap as 7.99 for their max BB

Only thinking of leaving cos been paying £19.99 for 2 years and coulkd do with saving a few pennys

Well just ask them for 7.99 a month with some free months, ive seen people at 4.99 so i know they have the power to do it.

Just recontract and save them pennies

Any idea how much bandwidth you use? You might be able to find a cheaper package if 20-40gb a month is enough for you.

Are you with Virgin or Sky for your TV? It may be worth contacting them to see how much broadband would cost.

rwm24;6298393

Any idea how much bandwidth you use? You might be able to find a cheaper … Any idea how much bandwidth you use? You might be able to find a cheaper package if 20-40gb a month is enough for you.

how do you find that out :oops:

Original Poster

Starr;6298388

Well just ask them for 7.99 a month with some free months, ive seen … Well just ask them for 7.99 a month with some free months, ive seen people at 4.99 so i know they have the power to do it.Just recontract and save them pennies

£7.99 is a good price he said I could have £6.99, but that was with talk, Without talk the cheapest he could offer was £9.99,with 3 months free.
    Think I will take it .

Original Poster

rwm24;6298393

Any idea how much bandwidth you use? You might be able to find a cheaper … Any idea how much bandwidth you use? You might be able to find a cheaper package if 20-40gb a month is enough for you.Are you with Virgin or Sky for your TV? It may be worth contacting them to see how much broadband would cost.

I must use a lot got 2 laptops and computer an d 2 xbox 360's, also wii all connected a lot of the time especially weekends when kids off.

pink;6298420

£7.99 is a good price he said I could have £6.99, but that was with talk, … £7.99 is a good price he said I could have £6.99, but that was with talk, Without talk the cheapest he could offer was £9.99,with 3 months free.Think I will take it .

Phone up the mac code department, tell them you want to leave as talktalk are doing broadband for 6.49 they will offer you the same, dont settle for anything less :thumbsup:

Original Poster

Starr;6298483

Phone up the mac code department, tell them you want to leave as talktalk … Phone up the mac code department, tell them you want to leave as talktalk are doing broadband for 6.49 they will offer you the same, dont settle for anything less :thumbsup:

Will give it a go:thumbsup:

I was on AOL as well 2 months ago with 8Mb, unlimited download usage, ADSL. I migrated to o2 just because of better services/price/speed. AOL tried to offer me £15 a month for the same package I was on and with aol talk free of charge, obviously i declined the offer.

There are 3 different packages with o2 Standard(8Mb), Premium(20Mb) and Pro(20Mb). i choosed the premium package and paying £9,79 a month (£14.68 for non-o2 customers). They were offering 2months free broadband but not they increased it to 3.
    o2 only gives cheaper deal for o2 mobile customers that either have a pay monthly contract or Pay as you go sim card that you would need to top up £10 per 3 months after you sign up to broadband. im obviously am a o2 customer so i went with them.

This is what i see great about o2:
    Fast broadband speed - upto 20Mb on premium and pro packages
    Usage: unlimited
    Customer service: free and the line is open 24hours, 7days a week! Unlike Aol their call centres speak proper english not asian-english lol.
    Package bundles: free McAfee internet anti-virus program, wireless router, free web text

Well it really depenDs on what you want your broadband to be like. Typically 8Mb is more than enough for casual use. however i play online games a lot + downloading so i choose 20Mb with unlimied download usage. Talk Talk's 6.34 deal -8Mb + 40gb dowhnlload limit. you have to know is 40gb enough for you. If it isn't o2's Standard package is unlimited for £1 more (o2 customers/ non- £12.23). talk talk package looks appealing with the free evening calls though but i already got free evening calls with BT =P.

edit: to know is 40gb enough for you, do you and your kids download a lot? such as movies(upto:7gb av:1.4gb) and games(upto 8gb av:4gb) which are usually big files.

note:if you migrate ISP you still keeep your previous email account..
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …2239
      2. Oh deer.. looks like they are back sooner this year.2438
      3. Aloha! Flamedeer Vacation is LIVE (until August 28th at 5pm)1314
      4. Anyone else used www.completesavings.co.uk44

See more discussions