Groups

Have I got a good deal with EE retention?

I got my PAC code from EE and was going to Life Mobile but I got bamboozled into buying a new retention deal with EE. It looks very value for money, but is it?

I got offered the £17.99 per month sim only deal with EE, which gives unlimited minutes and texts with 2GB of 4G double speed (whatever that means) data for £9.99 per month.

What do you think guys?

15 Comments

not amazing but not horrendous. you could probably do better.

Same plan is £8 a month after cashback here - Link

Hes some advise when it comes to EE and there retention deals.. Check Mobiles.co.uk and e2save first

It's okay not as good as new sim only connection deals.

Original Poster

AStonedRaichu

Same plan is £8 a month after cashback here - LinkHes some advise when it … Same plan is £8 a month after cashback here - LinkHes some advise when it comes to EE and there retention deals.. Check Mobiles.co.uk and e2save first

ahhhh....but i need to keep my number so can't do that one as i don't want to port to payg and then back etc

mutley1

ahhhh....but i need to keep my number so can't do that one as i don't … ahhhh....but i need to keep my number so can't do that one as i don't want to port to payg and then back etc

as above, not a bad deal but not the cheapest.

On the plus side you dont have to mess about with cashback redemption or porting your number

Original Poster

AStonedRaichu

as above, not a bad deal but not the cheapest.On the plus side you dont … as above, not a bad deal but not the cheapest.On the plus side you dont have to mess about with cashback redemption or porting your number

i have a cashback deal with mobiles.co.uk for vodafone, which is working great, except you need to submit bills five times a year and then need to wait for the cheque to come and put it into the bank. a bit of a hassle but it was worthwhile for the vodafone deal as i got unlimited minutes and 1gb of data for £4.47 per month after all the cashbacks.

check out e2save, got sim with vadofone (god help me) giving 12g data, unlimited min & text with choice of mobile sky sports/Spotify/now TV all for £8 after cashback

Original Poster

bpanther

check out e2save, got sim with vadofone (god help me) giving 12g data, … check out e2save, got sim with vadofone (god help me) giving 12g data, unlimited min & text with choice of mobile sky sports/Spotify/now TV all for £8 after cashback

The last two times i ordered from e2save, they messed up and i ended up with nothing, so i am never going to buy anything from them again. Bunch of jokers.

e2save, Im getting 2gb for £3 a month. Cashback is easy

That's the deal I got - couldn't find any better deals for the money. (3 network and Voda suck so I wasn't going with them).

Did you have a look in the Sim only thread? hotukdeals.com/dea…975

Decide if you need unlimited mins, or if you need more data, then see what you can get based on that, and compare price to what you got offered from EE. Is the EE a 12month contract?

I just got offered the same deal, declined it.

Original Poster

PenguinsForAll

Did you have a look in the Sim only thread? … Did you have a look in the Sim only thread? http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/hukd-sim-only-thread-cheapest-sim-only-deals-free-sim-offers-2481975Decide if you need unlimited mins, or if you need more data, then see what you can get based on that, and compare price to what you got offered from EE. Is the EE a 12month contract?

Yeah. Was going for the life mobile deal for £5.95 per month but got a bit nervous with stories about porting going wrong, and then i was tempted by the 4g ee data and the unlimited minutes, although i doubt i will ever use more than 1000 minutes.

I thought for an extra £4 per month, i can stay with the same provider so no hassle with porting number and faster mobile speed. The guy also said that i would be able to call home from europe and other uk mobiles in europe using my inclusive minutes. I am unlikely to do this within the next year, but i liked the idea.

I am slightly concerned i got persuaded to buy good stuff that i probably don't need. But for the extra £4 per month, not too bad right?

mutley1

Yeah. Was going for the life mobile deal for £5.95 per month but got a … Yeah. Was going for the life mobile deal for £5.95 per month but got a bit nervous with stories about porting going wrong, and then i was tempted by the 4g ee data and the unlimited minutes, although i doubt i will ever use more than 1000 minutes.I thought for an extra £4 per month, i can stay with the same provider so no hassle with porting number and faster mobile speed. The guy also said that i would be able to call home from europe and other uk mobiles in europe using my inclusive minutes. I am unlikely to do this within the next year, but i liked the idea.I am slightly concerned i got persuaded to buy good stuff that i probably don't need. But for the extra £4 per month, not too bad right?

Well, it's their job to persuade you! X) £4 extra a month is a lot these days for sim only deals.

I am with Life mobile, I got it when they were offering 2GB with the £5.95 deal, no problems with them, in-fact they have incredibly good customer service - They randomly sent me a text message one day asking for my feedback, so I sent a couple texts with a score out of 10 and said i'd like to be able to text short numbers (they don't allow it yet, for example entering competitions that are 4 digits long), a day or two later someone phoned me up from customer services politely enquiring about why I gave the score and gave me an appropriate explanation and forwarded my suggestion. I was pretty surprised by the customer service experience, they were a British call centre as well. I'm not working for them btw, just thought i'd share my story. X)

But having had a look at the SIM only deals, i'd say you should either, get the Life mobile if 1.5GB data is enough for you, and you don't mind 3G.

Otherwise either get "ID Mobile - 'ShockProof' (1mo)- 500m, 5000t, 4GB (4G) - £10" if 500mins is adequate otherwise phone up EE and try and get a it more data out of them for the £9.99!

Don't be put off by losing your number through porting, it happens so incredibly rarely, this is actually the first time i've heard of anything bad happening!
    Edited by: "PenguinsForAll" 31st Aug 2016

Original Poster

PenguinsForAll

Well, it's their job to persuade you! X) £4 extra a month is a lot these … Well, it's their job to persuade you! X) £4 extra a month is a lot these days for sim only deals.I am with Life mobile, I got it when they were offering 2GB with the £5.95 deal, no problems with them, in-fact they have incredibly good customer service - They randomly sent me a text message one day asking for my feedback, so I sent a couple texts with a score out of 10 and said i'd like to be able to text short numbers (they don't allow it yet, for example entering competitions that are 4 digits long), a day or two later someone phoned me up from customer services politely enquiring about why I gave the score and gave me an appropriate explanation and forwarded my suggestion. I was pretty surprised by the customer service experience, they were a British call centre as well. I'm not working for them btw, just thought i'd share my story. X)But having had a look at the SIM only deals, i'd say you should either, get the Life mobile if 1.5GB data is enough for you, and you don't mind 3G.Otherwise either get "ID Mobile - 'ShockProof' (1mo)- 500m, 5000t, 4GB (4G) - £10" if 500mins is adequate otherwise phone up EE and try and get a it more data out of them for the £9.99!Don't be put off by losing your number through porting, it happens so incredibly rarely, this is actually the first time i've heard of anything bad happening!

On trust pilot so many people said that porting went wrong with life mobile. Too much of a coincidence that so many people saying porting went wrong with life mobile to dismiss as a likely potential problem. Guess you were lucky.

I will get a life mobile sim as well and see how that goes with porting as i need another two sim.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. mail on sunday comp - win a £3,000 thomas cook gift e-card33
      2. DICKINSONS REAL DEAL £25,000 COMPETITION22
      3. Win a Free minion usb stick1111
      4. Tv choice magazine Issue 391515

See more discussions