Have I got PPI?

Found 31st Aug 2017
Anyone here used one of the companies to check if you ever had PPI?

im 95% sure that I have never had PPI in my life, but can't exactly remember what I did between the ages of 18 and 21, lol.

I would claim directly if I knew I had some to cut out the middle man, so to speak, and keep more of my claim.

I'm tempted to use a company who can comb through my history. If they find any I'd be happy for them to take a cut for their work.

any advise appriciated
Community Updates
Ask
6 Comments
Use Resolver.co.uk I cannot fault them
Remember it is not just the Banks you can claim from but also Catalogue companies as well.
Original Poster
daletharper5 m ago

Use Resolver.co.uk I cannot fault themRemember it is not just the Banks …Use Resolver.co.uk I cannot fault themRemember it is not just the Banks you can claim from but also Catalogue companies as well.

Thanks. Problem is, as I say, I'm not 100% sure which cards I even had! I know I had credit cards when I was 18, but they are all long gone now.

i was wondering if any of these companies are any good?

i used Reaolver to reclaim some bank charges. Very affective
Don't use a company, do it yourself. If you don't know which cards you had then do an online application to each of them. You just need to give them your old addresses and let them search. It is easier if you have any account numbers. I didn't think I had any PPI but wrote to Alliance & Leicester and National & Provincial because I couldn't remember who I had my first mortgage with in 1991. I had a letter back from Santander asking for more details - a further address which I'd forgotten to give them. I received £2108 a few weeks later direct into my bank, then a letter the following day confirming the payout.

The PPI chasers don't know anymore than you do. Don't give them any chance at your money, do it yourself. There is a long help section on MSE which may help.
Original Poster
windym46 m ago

Don't use a company, do it yourself. If you don't know which cards you …Don't use a company, do it yourself. If you don't know which cards you had then do an online application to each of them. You just need to give them your old addresses and let them search. It is easier if you have any account numbers. I didn't think I had any PPI but wrote to Alliance & Leicester and National & Provincial because I couldn't remember who I had my first mortgage with in 1991. I had a letter back from Santander asking for more details - a further address which I'd forgotten to give them. I received £2108 a few weeks later direct into my bank, then a letter the following day confirming the payout.The PPI chasers don't know anymore than you do. Don't give them any chance at your money, do it yourself. There is a long help section on MSE which may help.

Thanks. I'll do just that!

Again, thank you for the advise.
thearbiter6514 m ago

Thanks. I'll do just that! Again, thank you for the advise.

You are welcome. Good luck. It literally took us half an hour.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants