Groups

Have i got the 'yellow light of death'?

I just went to play GH3 i went to turn of the ps3 it made the booting up sound and the light turned green for 1 second it then flashed yellow and turned off. So is my ps3 basically dead now? Its an 60gb and is well out of warranty so is there a way i can fix it myself? How much is it worth the the yellow light of death anyways?

thanks

12 Comments

Yep...............that's YLOD. :-(

Original Poster

****, that sucks. I have still got the game inside of it, how do i get it out?

Banned

if its yellow and its now dead id guess that would be the yellow light of death

ring sony and blag a new 1 lol like everyone else

Original Poster

casparwhite;6793707

if its yellow and its now dead id guess that would be the yellow light of … if its yellow and its now dead id guess that would be the yellow light of deathring sony and blag a new 1 lol like everyone else

i thought tht it had to e like a solid yellow not an flash =/

Mine got this the other day

mum2b;6793704

****, that sucks. I have still got the game inside of it, how do i get it … ****, that sucks. I have still got the game inside of it, how do i get it out?

Without taking it apart a very slim set of tweezers.

Banned

i got it........just a glimmer of yellow but instantly i thought that must be what they mean ......ylod coz it was dead

boardsus.playstation.com/pla…473

Original Poster

Damn, how much does it cost to fix? Anyone had any luck with sony fixing it for free?

i think sony will sell you a refurb for £130 odd could be wrong can someone confirm this

Banned

ring them and see what they say.....you only got it as a xmas present last year didnt you?

how old is it?fair use policyh out dose the warranty sometimes

You can get it fixed for around £70, will have a look for the link.

You can try and fix it yourself, but I tried it on two consoles, and it didn't work.

How to fix(or not) this is part 1 of many:
    youtube.com/wat…cBo

Console doctor:
    consoledoctor.co.uk/son…/60
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Win 1 of 3 x £1000 Selfridges vouchers with Virgin Trains98
      2. Win a safari adventure & claim a free Chicago Town pizza coupon33
      3. Win a Free minion usb stick88
      4. Win a pair of running shoes up to the value of £100 with UKRunChat99