Have i paid over the odds or grabbed a bargain??!

I bought a laptop off eBay (item number 200616717336) a whim last night and regret it a little bit cause I don't know anything about it or if I have paid over the odds. its a HP 14" laptop for 50 quid (including delivery) and I only intend to use it as a spare for very basic speadsheet work and word proccessing. So have I done good or bad out of it? Oh and if anyone can suggest where I can buy a cheap battery for it id be very grateful!

5 Comments

If you pop over to Amazon UK there is an eight cell battery for the Compaq HP Evo N610C Laptop going for £29.99p including free delivery and comes with a six month warranty (probably due the age of the laptop model).

8-cell 14.80V 4400mAh Li-ion Brand New! Replacement Laptop Battery for Compaq HP Evo N600 N600C N610C N610V N620C Series Laptop: Amazon.co.uk: Computers & Accessories
Embedded Link

Edit - You might want to contact the market place reseller and confirm whether it's new or used but also that's definitely compatible with your model of laptop - trust but verify!

Here's also a link to the official tech specs from HP but also a link to Crucial UK for an additional 512MB SODIMM if you want to upgrade the RAM up to the maximum 1GB threshold.

Compaq Evo Notebook N610c - World Wide QuickSpecs
Embedded Link

£19.19p Including Free Delivery - 512MB, 200-pin SODIMM, DDR PC2700 upgrades for HP - Compaq Evo Notebook N610c Series Laptop/Notebook, CT526518 from Crucial.com
Embedded Link

Plus a link to the official HP device drivers, software, BIOS & firmware download files (just in case your going to re-install the operating system on the laptop from scratch).

Compaq Evo n610c Notebook PC - Download drivers and software - HP Business Support Center
Embedded Link

It's average, Fair price.

Original Poster

Thanks! I think ill pass on the RAM upgrade though cause it really is for the most basic use ever! I must have about 5 pcs at home but I just wanted one to chuck around at work...

ei8hty5ive

Thanks! I think ill pass on the RAM upgrade though cause it really is for … Thanks! I think ill pass on the RAM upgrade though cause it really is for the most basic use ever! I must have about 5 pcs at home but I just wanted one to chuck around at work...

No probs and I hope it all goes well for you.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. GOT Leaks again614
    2. PS4 Beta Software Version 5710
    3. Sad news about Barcelona2073
    4. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846124

See more discussions