Groups

Have I won?

I have received an e-mail from Moneynet saying that I'd won an iPod Nano in their prize draw. I do use the site but just wondered if it's genuine. Has anyone else had this e-mail?

23 Comments

Banned

tell them to phone you

Best way to know if is if they used your full name in the email (ie if it is personalised)?

http://www.crunchgear.com/wp-content/photos/spam_1.jpg

Banned

what does the email ask you to do?

Original Poster

They just asked for my postal address and contact number. Nothing seemed dodgy. ??????!

sassie;4054046

what does the email ask you to do?

Just send an uncrossed cheque for £500 to cover postage and administrations :thumbsup:

Banned

Banana79;4054060

They just asked for my postal address and contact number. Nothing seemed … They just asked for my postal address and contact number. Nothing seemed dodgy. ??????!

i dont know what the site is, is it one you have an account with?

Original Poster

foxymissroxy;4054065

Just send an uncrossed cheque for £500 to cover postage and … Just send an uncrossed cheque for £500 to cover postage and administrations :thumbsup:

Lol, I sent them my dob ans bank details too! :w00t:

as johnrulez says give them your phone number and ask them to ring you first before you give your address out to them

Do you have a phone number for them?

Original Poster

Yeah, I will bell them tomorrow. Thank you all for your help, will let you know what happens!

Good luck:thumbsup:

Banana79;4054144

Yeah, I will bell them tomorrow. Thank you all for your help, will let … Yeah, I will bell them tomorrow. Thank you all for your help, will let you know what happens!

ok good luck and i hope it's genuine for you :thumbsup:

This may be a silly question. But did you actually enter a competition with them to win an ipod nano?

Original Poster

andymwh1972;4054417

This may be a silly question. But did you actually enter a competition … This may be a silly question. But did you actually enter a competition with them to win an ipod nano?

Yeah, I enter comps all the time, just forget!

Original Poster

Thanks girls!

Original Poster

Ok, I have just phoned the guy who e-mailed me. Got a professional answerphone and left a message. A few minutes later he phoned me back and confirmed it was all above board and genuine. There were 5 winners and I should receive it within 10 days. Fingers crossed!

nice one

Banana79;4054893

Ok, I have just phoned the guy who e-mailed me. Got a professional … Ok, I have just phoned the guy who e-mailed me. Got a professional answerphone and left a message. A few minutes later he phoned me back and confirmed it was all above board and genuine. There were 5 winners and I should receive it within 10 days. Fingers crossed!

awwww fantastic, well done. will keep my fingers crossed for you :thumbsup:

Well done:thumbsup:

Original Poster

I have won!!!! It came on Monday, a shiny new iPod Nano! :thumbsup::w00t::gift:

wahooo well done narna!!!

well done you

Original Poster

Thank you! I was so surprised!
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …5012493
      2. 41% of 40-60 year olds do not go for a brisk walk of >10 minutes A MONTH!1013
      3. Back to school: what's your views on your kids uniform and piercing rules e…27149
      4. Best advert ever to be seen.2226

See more discussions