have javari.co.uk sent me fake dr marten boots?

29 replies
Found 19th Nov 2010
afternoon,
i ordered a pair of dr marten 1490 boots for my daughter for christmas from javari.co.uk yesterday. they arrived today in a plain battered cardboard box with just a small dr martens sticker on one end. i thought that all dr marten boots came in dr martens boxes. i bought a pair of high heeled doc's from cloggs a few months back and was in an official box and even the tissue paper had dr marten printing on it. i'm not sure what to do now, opinions gratefully appreciated as i don't want to give my daughter a fake pair for christmas

thanks

forgot to mention these are the vintage made in england ones and the boots look exactly like the ones on the official dr martens site

29 Comments

Original Poster

whatsThePoint

Maybe the box is fake

hmmm, that was helpful.......... not!

missp27

Post pictures then. We cannot guess at things. Or compare them to your others you you have them.

Send them back...return and get a refund if you have doubt! Buy a new one elsewhere.

I've had two pairs of Ugg boots off very.co.uk.

First ones came in a plain box in just ugg individual plastic bags and the second ones came in an ugg box. I didn't doubt the uggs were genuine though.

Maybe they've been returned and the box was damaged or some other reason. They are owned by Amazon so I doubt they'd be selling fakes. Ring and ask about the packaging though for peace of mind.

Original Poster

well the box is just plain brown battered cardboard, i'm sure you don't need a picture. the boots look the same as the docs on the official site

Original Poster

Rhianne

I've had two pairs of Ugg boots off very.co.uk.First ones came in a plain … I've had two pairs of Ugg boots off very.co.uk.First ones came in a plain box in just ugg individual plastic bags and the second ones came in an ugg box. I didn't doubt the uggs were genuine though.Maybe they've been returned and the box was damaged or some other reason. They are owned by Amazon so I doubt they'd be selling fakes. Ring and ask about the packaging though for peace of mind.

thanks will do

Can you not compare them to your other picture? They may be a retuned pair or something. I doubt they'd send you a proper pair then a naff fake pair.

Banned

Rhianne

I've had two pairs of Ugg boots off very.co.uk.First ones came in a plain … I've had two pairs of Ugg boots off very.co.uk.First ones came in a plain box in just ugg individual plastic bags and the second ones came in an ugg box. I didn't doubt the uggs were genuine though.Maybe they've been returned and the box was damaged or some other reason. They are owned by Amazon so I doubt they'd be selling fakes. Ring and ask about the packaging though for peace of mind.

no one is talking about ugg boots though?

Give dr marten a call,explain it all to them and they will advise better than anyone on here
Edited by: "boothy" 19th Nov 2010

Zer0Cool

There's always one isn't there?

If you haven't got anything remotely helpful to say then why waste your energy typing out a pointless response?

I was in the same situation and was offering my opinion on the matter.

Banned

Zer0Cool

no ones talking about very.co.uk either X)

Original Poster

ok so i just got off to a very unhelpfull lady at javari who said to me that they are genuine and they don't have the original boxes and dr marten must just send all the boots all together in one big box, sounds like the biggest load of nonsense i've heard in a long time!

missp27

You should know by now. If he had half a brain cell he'd be dangerous.

missp27

ok so i just got off to a very unhelpfull lady at javari who said to me … ok so i just got off to a very unhelpfull lady at javari who said to me that they are genuine and they don't have the original boxes and dr marten must just send all the boots all together in one big box, sounds like the biggest load of nonsense i've heard in a long time!

Complain again, I would not be happy with that response either!

Original Poster

nikkib123

Complain again, I would not be happy with that response either!

lol i just got an email asking about their customer service and i sent a ranting email back. i'm going to send them back and order a pair from cloggs who i know only send originals.
i'm never shopping at javari again!
Edited by: "missp27" 19th Nov 2010

Was there a big price difference between the ones you ordered and the ones off the Doc Marten site? if there was sometimes some things are to good to be true.

Original Poster

tinkerbell28

Javari are owned by Amazon, did you know that? Just curious.

yes i did thank you.

I'd ring back and ask to speak to someone in charge about the lack of boxes,how very bizarre.

whatsThePoint

If i had ½ a brain cell it would be a ½ more than you have

hugs?

Original Poster

aunty jane

Was there a big price difference between the ones you ordered and the … Was there a big price difference between the ones you ordered and the ones off the Doc Marten site? if there was sometimes some things are to good to be true.

no, the reason i bought from javari was because i could use the £20 off voucher code that's doing the rounds at the moment which obviously made them £20 cheaper than everywhere else

a few shops that ive done work for receive boots like this sometimes and clothes etc and 99% of the time they are either seconds or an over stock i was also told once (how true it is i dont no) that they are sold the items a lot cheaper if they are supplied minus boxes or papers or certain packaging etc

missp27

lol i just got an email asking about their customer service and i sent a … lol i just got an email asking about their customer service and i sent a ranting email back. i'm going to send them back and order a pair from cloggs who i know only send originals.i'm never shopping at javari again!

Good on you, I find bad customer service intolerable.
See what they say then after they receive your scathing e-mail

Banned

Arguing at who has the bigger half of a braincell
http://420.thrashbarg.net/real_penguins_toy_penguin_lol_wut.jpg

DangerGod

Arguing at who has the bigger half of a braincell

We've only got about one between us yet it's still more than you.
Anyway, what you doing in this thread all by yourself? Where's all your mates?

If your happy with the boots and its just the box, you could buy a funky box for them. But if your really unsure return them (as long as they have free returns policy). Then order off the official site (for the sake of the £20 vouncher it might be worth it) Good luck.

Banned

deek72

We've only got about one between us yet it's still more than you.

i would say grow up, but your like 50 X)

Original Poster

well my daughter has just got home from school and she said she doesn't care about the box and she want to keep them

i'm still not happy though, teenagers eh!

missp27

well my daughter has just got home from school and she said she doesn't … well my daughter has just got home from school and she said she doesn't care about the box and she want to keep them :|i'm still not happy though, teenagers eh!

As said above, Javari are owned by Amazon, so not likely to send fake goods. Javari would buy the boots in bulk and just put them in their own boxes. The boxes you see in shops are the retail boxes, bulk sellers would buy them without boxes to get a cheaper price.

If you want to be 100% sure they are not fake, take them into any good shoe shop that stocks the boots and ask for their verdict (or try Trading standards).

Banned

Rhianne

There's always one isn't there?If you haven't got anything remotely … There's always one isn't there?If you haven't got anything remotely helpful to say then why waste your energy typing out a pointless response? I was in the same situation and was offering my opinion on the matter.

how were you in the same situation? totally different company, totally different item

if you think it takes up loads of energy typing 8 words, you must be quite unfit
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7769672
    2. Meerkat Movies (2 for 1 Cinema Codes) | Official Trading Thread429214689
    3. And you think you are having a bad day?33
    4. 75% off Sky TV for existing customers. Only works when you call the specifi…18236670

See more discussions