Groups

have just recieved this e-mail

this sounds dodgy. i enter comps daily but this can't be true. does anyone know how i can check these people out?

This is to inform you that you have been selected for a cash prize of
    £300,000.00 (Three Hundred Thousand Great British Pounds) and a brand
    new
    Peugeot 407 Car,From the International online programs held recently
    in London the United Kingdom .

22 Comments

no need to look it up, I guarantee you it's fake.

but if you really must see it in black and white...

fraudwatchers.org/for…275

Babbabooey;3561492

no need to look it up, I guarantee you it's fake.

Agreed, I am surprised you needed to ask.

My guess it will either involve:

A long phone call (at £1.50 a minute) or.....

If you take the bait they will say "oh you need to pay £50 local tax", then if you are stupid enough to pay that they will say "you need to pay £150 administration fee" and if you are stupid enough to pay that it will be "you need to pay £500 for ....." and so it goes on.

They always start with a small amount, and if you pay that they come back with a larger amount, and it keeps going up till you realise you have been scammed and you never hear from them again.

Bin it

Have you been recently to "London the United Kingdom"?

And do you want "Three Hundred Thousand Great British Pounds". Who says Great British Pounds???

i lol'd

Original Poster

thanks all,esp titchimp(disturbing avatar) for the sarcasm:-D:-D and starsparkle:oops::oops:

:oops:

PapaSmurf;3561532

Have you been recently to "London the United Kingdom"?And do you want … Have you been recently to "London the United Kingdom"?And do you want "Three Hundred Thousand Great British Pounds". Who says Great British Pounds???

I would like "three hundred thousand great british pounds" please lol

Delete the email or bin the letter. If someone wants to give you whopping great amounts of cash they will either knock on your door and give you the money or send you a cheque.,...or as some people like to see, the money deposited straight into their account.

If its conditional or they need to ask "Do you want?" then its not worth the paper its printed on or the email its written on.

forget about it and have a good day knowing that whoever sent you it didnt con you :thumbsup:

looks legit to me, if ur not gonna claim it, please pm me their email address so i can pick up the prize...thanks.

how old is the OP if you dont mind me asking

acecatcher3;3561607

looks legit to me, if ur not gonna claim it, please pm me their email … looks legit to me, if ur not gonna claim it, please pm me their email address so i can pick up the prize...thanks.

i was going to say that too :whistling:

It isnt Readers Digest by any chance is it? :w00t:

Original Poster

well at least i've given you all a laugh!!!!!

http://i38.tinypic.com/2b62bo.jpg

Banned

bump

Original Poster

csiman;3561812

bump

definition please:-D or should i not ask:oops:

For anyone to reply to this and send them money deserves to lose the money because you would have to be really stupid to fall for this scam.:oops:

Original Poster

tara1082;3562519

For anyone to reply to this and send them money deserves to lose the … For anyone to reply to this and send them money deserves to lose the money because you would have to be really stupid to fall for this scam.:oops:

calm down hun, i posted it here to see the reaction but deleted the message from e-mail

lol'd at Great British Pounds

kungfu;3561622

how old is the OP if you dont mind me asking

I think they were born yesterday. Just a guess.

Original Poster

starsparkle2311;3563098

so, did you get the reaction you expected?, lol:p

oh yes, just lay back and watched the fireworks:-D:-D lol
    http://i35.tinypic.com/2u5f29x.gif

brangelina;3564330

oh yes, just lay back and watched the fireworks:-D:-D lol

hahahaha:-D

[SIZE="3"]Light the touchpaper and stand back :w00t:[/SIZE]

http://www1.istockphoto.com/file_thumbview_approve/2862724/2/istockphoto_2862724_dynamite.jpg
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Surprise the Miles136 summer burning caribou comp12
      2. What is there free to do in your town?37
      3. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …279966
      4. Labour MP Naz Shah retweeted calling for abused white girls to shut their m…1635

See more discussions