Found 17th Jun 2009
They are selling a £749 road racing bike, made of Aluminium & Carbon Fibre.

Have they gone mad?

1. Misc
  2. Bike
Groups
  1. Misc
  2. Bike
13 Comments

Original Poster

Fuel Costs, Road Tax, Insurance, Tube Strikes, TFL costs.., i have 4housemates and 5 bicycles in my garage, it's popular, maybe not as primary commute for most, but considering....

Although Lild going for a lightweight semi premium bike is a bit odd.

>They are selling a £749 road racing bike, made of Aluminium & Carbon Fibre.

Well they are not selling it in their stores, only for home delivery.

So it that sense they could sell anything that makes a profit. They probably just take a cut of the price and pass the order on to another company.

I was looking for a tumble drier the other month, and found I could buy it from places like Sainsburys etc.

Often these types of deals are just "front ends" for other companies.

Sainsburys take the order, take a "cut" of the deal, but the product is actually sold and delievered by another company.

I can see this happening more and more in the future.

Original Poster

Sure, but a £749 bike?

This is Lidl we are talking about. What happened to the £50 steel framed exercise weights, that break apart after 5month!?

I suppose Tesco and Halfords have that marked covered through and through, hence Lidl are trying the other extreme.

Lol yeah i doubt anyone who shops at lidl has seen £750 ,

schizoboy;5512474

Fuel Costs, Road Tax, Insurance, Tube Strikes, TFL costs.., [COLOR=Blue]i … Fuel Costs, Road Tax, Insurance, Tube Strikes, TFL costs.., [COLOR=Blue]i have 4housemates and 5 bicycles in my garage[/COLOR], it's popular, maybe not as primary commute for most, but considering....Although Lild going for a lightweight semi premium bike is a bit odd.

You keep your housemates in the garage? I prefer to use the cellar, less chance of them escaping.:whistling::whistling::whistling:

tonyg1962;5512538

:w00t: Stereotyping much?:w00t:

harlzter;5512627

You keep your housemates in the garage? I prefer to use the cellar, less … You keep your housemates in the garage? I prefer to use the cellar, less chance of them escaping.:whistling::whistling::whistling:

hahaha

4housemates WHO keep 5 bicycles in the garage

tonyg1962;5512538

snob

tonyg1962;5512538

Have you seen how much people get on benefits these days. They probably shop in waitrose.

If they have one in stock near me i might get one for my 5 minute commute into work. Excellent value for money.

tonyg1962;5512538

:lol:

I reckon they're more likely to have seen £750 than somebody who shops at Tesco/Asda etc ;-)

As for Lidl, wtf's with all the horse blankets etc????

harlzter;5512627

You keep your housemates in the garage? I prefer to use the cellar, less … You keep your housemates in the garage? I prefer to use the cellar, less chance of them escaping.:whistling::whistling::whistling:

made me lol
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Win a Mama to Bee necklace from Blooming Lovely Jewellery, worth £249! @ Ne…33
    2. Win baby bundle, worth over £295 @ Netmums11
    3. Win a Blink home security and monitoring system, worth £269.99 @ Netmums22
    4. Win an Indesit dishwasher with special babycare cycle, worth £350 @ Netmums11

See more discussions