Have Lidl stopped the half price weekend offers?

Found 21st Jan 2016
I have checked the website and the next 2 weeks leaflets and there are no half price weekend offers.

Anyone know if this has stopped?

17 Comments

Just rang them and they have stopped.

Bloomin Shame, I have a branch 1/4 mile away and some of the weekend offers were really good

Aww that's a shame really enjoyed the weekend offers !

Original Poster

Thanks for the response and dude555 taking the time to ring them. Shame as loved the weekend offers

Very poor, they seem to be going highbrow and forgetting their core customer!

This was the main reason I chose lidl over aldi. Might switch to aldi now as their fruit and veg offers tend to be better. I hope they reel from from this decision.

What a shame lidl has stopped half price offers I'm sure they were a good draw for customers we always looked forward to them we shop there every week I hope they live to regret this decision and maybe reinstate them listen to your customers

It was so.obviously unsustainable and people grabbed the deals and nothing else! Loss leaders don't always work.

I had noticed the same thing. Thanks for phoning. My lidl was dead at 8.30 am last Saturday whereas it was always heaving. I think they will be bringing the offers back soon if they havé any sense. I may also convert to Aldi. ..

They can sell them at half the price sometimes so why not all the time? Nonesense that they are loss leaders. They have never bought anything and sold it at a loss. They all choose to rip us off!! Just choose the best of a bad bunch! If everyone chooses to shop elsewhere they might be forced to re instate them! Whilst getting the half price offers you would pick everything else up as well. Principle's will make me shop elsewhere!!!!

They provided so little stock for the half-price weekend offers in my local that they were really Saturday 8am-8.30am offers. I'm not surprised they've stopped them.

Yes, I am also sad to see the half price weekend go it was the only time I bought meat/poultry.
I have also noticed they have been discontinuing lots of regular items. My beloved bourbons, custard creams and fresh baked olive ciabatta rolls are gone :'(.
Switching a full shop to Aldi now.

I guest they had stopped weekend half price when looking at leaflet, will really miss these offers and weekend shop at Lidl

I always looked forward to half price weekend deals , it's a shame. That's main thing I went there for. They've even stopped doing the custard cream biscuits .

Used to go there mainly for those deals,would buy other shopping while there.Will not bother just for the other shopping.Am certain stopping these "loss leaders" will lose them a lot of additional business.

Mrcarlos

They can sell them at half the price sometimes so why not all the time? … They can sell them at half the price sometimes so why not all the time? Nonesense that they are loss leaders. They have never bought anything and sold it at a loss. They all choose to rip us off!! Just choose the best of a bad bunch! If everyone chooses to shop elsewhere they might be forced to re instate them! Whilst getting the half price offers you would pick everything else up as well. Principle's will make me shop elsewhere!!!!

Now that's bitterness.

Of course some may be loss leaders.

Lidls in northern ireland have half price coffee and washing tablets this weekend
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions