have ms stopped giving out free transfer kits?

9 replies
Found 16th Feb 2010
Hi - my old 360 premium died the other day so I've got an elite now and was told I could call microsoft with my old and new serial number and they would send me a transfer kit but I called them and they said I had to pay for it?

All of the information I can find on the internet seems to point towards this link

assets.xbox.com/en-…pdf

but it just comes up with page cannot be displayed - are they not doing it anymore?

Cheers,
worto.

9 Comments

They make you pay.

I rang up and requested one a few weeks ago & I didn't have to pay anything

Original Poster

strange - I called 0800 587 1102 is that the same number you called?

I went though to hardware though did you choose a diferent option?

Cheers,
Steve.

i have one you could borrow does 20gb-120gb and 60gb-120gb

I didn't have to pay either. Told them the PDF didn't work and could they do it over the phone.

Painless enough.

Original Poster

thanks for the offer michaelanderson - I'm an hours drive from you but my GF works in Clifton so might be a plan if I can't get one elsewhere.

DragonChris - did you ring the same number as me & what options did you choose - it was a voice recognition thing where you say what department you want and I ended up with the faulty console option in case they could fix my old one then when they told me it was out of warrenty I said I had bought an elite and enquired about the transfer kit but she was sure I had to pay for it?

worto03;7865883

strange - I called 0800 587 1102 is that the same number you called?I … strange - I called 0800 587 1102 is that the same number you called?I went though to hardware though did you choose a diferent option?Cheers,Steve.

I called 0207 3659792.

I'd bought a 120gb hard drive and the transfer cable that came with it wouldn't allow me to tranfer from a 60gb, only a 20gb. The guy took the serial number from my 360 and that was it. It arrived in less than a week.

HTH

Original Poster

Thanks guys - I've managed to find someone at work with one so I'm gonna borrow that tomorrow.

Cheers,
worto.

worto03;7866042

thanks for the offer michaelanderson - I'm an hours drive from you but my … thanks for the offer michaelanderson - I'm an hours drive from you but my GF works in Clifton so might be a plan if I can't get one elsewhere.DragonChris - did you ring the same number as me & what options did you choose - it was a voice recognition thing where you say what department you want and I ended up with the faulty console option in case they could fix my old one then when they told me it was out of warrenty I said I had bought an elite and enquired about the transfer kit but she was sure I had to pay for it?

I just rang the UK number (don't remember the exact number, can't be bothered finding it :p) but also can't remember what department... It wasn't faulty console, could have been xbox live query or something, I just wanted to get through to a person at the time lol.

But it should be free.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Topcashback Trick or Treat competition53488
    2. Free Soap & Glory Bath Bomb (High Score)22
    3. Win an all-inclusive holiday to Antigua, including flights!33
    4. Win a Blink home security and monitoring system, worth £269.99 @ Netmums11

See more discussions