Groups

Have Ryanair screwed me????

Booked flights to go away, paid on credit card and once I got to the confirmation screen, it said not confirmed until I received the itinery email which I got today.
    HOWEVER - the total flight price on the confirmation email is double what it originally said when I paid for them.

Checked on my account on the website and although it still says not confirmed, sure enough it says they've charged me double and I owe minus £123.04

Don't know what to do now!!!!
    Please help!!!!!!!

15 Comments

Yep, you've definitely been ****** over..... :-(

Original Poster

StevenA2000_uk;4625238

Yep, you've definitely been ****** over..... :-(

I thought so, robbing *******s!!!!

natalie189;4625258

I thought so, robbing *******s!!!!

lol...yep, thats Ryanair for you....they're sneaky ******** that way......you should always be cautious of these ******** when you purchase from them....

Original Poster

StevenA2000_uk;4625277

lol...yep, thats Ryanair for you....they're sneaky ******** that … lol...yep, thats Ryanair for you....they're sneaky ******** that way......you should always be cautious of these ******** when you purchase from them....

I've flown with them loads, never had any problems until now! Tried ringing up to check what they've taken off my credit card but apparantly I don't owe anything on it! Usually I feel dead smug when I book their flights cause I always get the penny ones on my trusty visa electron!

natalie189;4625302

I've flown with them loads, never had any problems until now! Tried … I've flown with them loads, never had any problems until now! Tried ringing up to check what they've taken off my credit card but apparantly I don't owe anything on it! Usually I feel dead smug when I book their flights cause I always get the penny ones on my trusty visa electron!

I havent flown with them for a while. Last time I flew with them I got a return flight to Frankfurt for £7.....happy days. lol.

Apparently they are going to charge people for wanting to go to the loo on the plane next!!! :w00t:

If you have just booked the flight they may take the money in the next few days, make sure that dont stiff you on it.

Original Poster

StevenA2000_uk;4625465

I havent flown with them for a while. Last time I flew with them I got a … I havent flown with them for a while. Last time I flew with them I got a return flight to Frankfurt for £7.....happy days. lol.Apparently they are going to charge people for wanting to go to the loo on the plane next!!! :w00t:If you have just booked the flight they may take the money in the next few days, make sure that dont stiff you on it.

I saw that! Something along the lines of 'spend a pound to spend a penny' Good thing I wouldn't dream of using aeroplane toilets!
    Only booked it yesterday so think I'll have to just keep checking, and will phone them tomorrow give them some sh*t lol

natalie189;4625563

I saw that! Something along the lines of 'spend a pound to spend a penny' … I saw that! Something along the lines of 'spend a pound to spend a penny' Good thing I wouldn't dream of using aeroplane toilets!Only booked it yesterday so think I'll have to just keep checking, and will phone them tomorrow give them some sh*t lol

lol quite right....and rather than give them a quid to pee in their toilet.....I'd quite happily give them nothing and still pee on the plane :w00t:

Which, may I add, will probably be done at some point by someone...

Banned

They confused you, just like you confused me.
    How can you owe them "minus" £123.04?

natalie189;4625563

I saw that! Something along the lines of 'spend a pound to spend a penny' … I saw that! Something along the lines of 'spend a pound to spend a penny' Good thing I wouldn't dream of using aeroplane toilets!Only booked it yesterday so think I'll have to just keep checking, and will phone them tomorrow give them some sh*t lol

Don't hold your breath about getting through very quickly. Their phone lines can be a nightmare. Best to call their head office in Dublin if you can ( maybe from work ) 003531 812 1226. For future bookings you would be best advised to buy an electron card as you do not pay a booking fee. I use the post office one & it has saved me a small fortune as i use Ryanair 15 + times per year.
    postoffice.co.uk/por…123
    Good luck with your complaint

I fly with Ruinair a lot and whenever I book, the confirmation always comes through straight away.

If you have the confirmation from Ryanair and it says you paid by credit card, then your credit card company will investigate it for you. They are legally obliged to. If you have been ripped off, your credit card company will refund the money to you and chase Ruinair for their money.

Re: pay for toilets.... I find Michael O'Leary hilarious. The guy comes out with some of the best publicity scams and the papers lap it up and it spreads all over the net like wild fire. People just fall for it hook line and sinker. The man is a genius.

Speak with your credit card company, my bank (natwest) cover me on purchases over £100 where something has gone wrong and it wasnt your fault.

Original Poster

Thanks everyone, will speak to them and to my bank.
    I've already got a visa electron but didn't have enough money on it and didn't wanna wait for the money to transfer into it

As for paying for the toilet, you wanna see some of the ideas on the website - paying for toilet roll with O'Leary's face on it, paying to read a safety card, paying to use the emergency exit (what they gonna do? Line you up to get 25 euros before you bloody crash??!!) and paying 50 Euros for cabin staff in bikinis......

Have repped everyone, thanks for your help

Nat x

Original Poster

Woo hoo!!

They've refunded the extra, apparantly my card was declined the first time but went through the second time.
    They've also refunded the £19 in card charges I paid!!

natalie189;4627457

......and paying 50 Euros for cabin staff in bikinis......

Provided the cabin staff consisted of hot chicks then I'd happily pay the 50 euros... :w00t:

Dont tell Michael O'Leary though or else it may actually be implmented :w00t:

I recently booked flights with Ryanair, and the flighst were not confirmed at the time...said booking failed. I tried numerous times, with no luck. 3 days later i got 2 confirmation emails confirming I had booke 2 lots of flights. My credit card was charged, and they refused to do anything about it until I had contacted Ryanair. Easier said than done. There is no phone number on any of their sites that got me through. I wrote a letter of explanantion to their office explaining, and sent it recorded delivery (keep a copy for your credit card company) Within a week I got an email from Ryanair saying my credit card would be credited. Nothing else..no apology. I would never use them again...too stressfull. I did get the refund though, but what kind of airline has NO telephone number to get through on. Waste of time. Hope this helps and you get your refund
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Are these two things distinctly different to you?1722
      2. So, whose already pre-ordered a Scorpio and where from?812
      3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764394
      4. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846242

See more discussions