Expired

Have Three permanently withdrawn from Quidco?

Found 3rd Sep 2013
Community Updates
16 Comments
possible - they show in my recent activity but the work Three is greyed out!

they better pay my last transaction

will find out in 2 days time

01 Jul 13 Three— 12.50 Tracked 11 Jul 13 Guaranteed payment 05 Sep 13

EliTom
Edited by: "elitom" 3rd Sep 2013
Topcash gone too
Just asked Quidco and they said that Three have decided to stop working with cashback sites
This is a shame, I'd enjoyed getting some good deals over the years on their contracts. Well sounds like when mine and the other halves contracts run out we'll be jumping ship elsewhere.
Original Poster
Oh dear. Might need to pay real money for sims now.
Original Poster
What's with the SPAM thing @Talis? The thread you posted the URL for, refers back to the answer from @Barnesy99.
does not surprise me

IIRC there were deals where if folks really managed to get teh right short term deal, then they actually made a small profit.

Whilts this may seem a short term gain for the buyer, it is not sound business practice for the retailer!

and when the balance tips, the golden egg laying goose dies .......

EliTom
Original Poster
You're right Eiltom but if there is a gravy train leaving the station you might as well be on board.
Petetobin

You're right Eiltom but if there is a gravy train leaving the station you … You're right Eiltom but if there is a gravy train leaving the station you might as well be on board.

but when that train gets overloaded it breaks .....

anyway Quidco confirmed my last Three cashback has been paid

EliTom
Original Poster
And then you jump on board the next one..
I'm still waiting for a payment of £65.10 from Three for a deal I took on 3rd July 2013 - will I get paid? Just says "payable" in the comments...
I think mine took just over 3 months kowalski so you may still receive it. Give them an e-mail (quidco that is).
Three used the cashback sites to entice people to join the network and then hopefully stay but at full price. What actually has been happening is that people have been using the cashback deal year after year using the trick of converting your SIM to pay as you go at the end of the year contract then taking out a new cashback deal and porting their old number over (its the only way to stay with the same network and keep your old number but on a new contract purchased through a 3rd party ie quidco).
I have been doing this for some years now and I noticed this time when I did it Three were very reluctant to let me, they kept pushing me to take out the full price contract straight with them (not surprising ) but they also made it very difficult for me to convert my SIM over to pay as you go so I could keep my number,

I think they just got wise to what people were doing and couldn't legally find a way to stop people doing it. I guess the business model doesn't work if you keep getting the discount year on year so they canned it entirely.
spudlicker

Three used the cashback sites to entice people to join the network and … Three used the cashback sites to entice people to join the network and then hopefully stay but at full price. What actually has been happening is that people have been using the cashback deal year after year using the trick of converting your SIM to pay as you go at the end of the year contract then taking out a new cashback deal and porting their old number over (its the only way to stay with the same network and keep your old number but on a new contract purchased through a 3rd party ie quidco). I have been doing this for some years now and I noticed this time when I did it Three were very reluctant to let me, they kept pushing me to take out the full price contract straight with them (not surprising ) but they also made it very difficult for me to convert my SIM over to pay as you go so I could keep my number, I think they just got wise to what people were doing and couldn't legally find a way to stop people doing it. I guess the business model doesn't work if you keep getting the discount year on year so they canned it entirely.

I didn't know 3 did 1 year contracts
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants