Have you been to Nandos?

Found 19th Nov 2017
I have heard people rave about Nandos so I would like to visit it to see what all the raving is about.

I get the impression it is a chicken burger joint or am I wrong

If you have been to Nandos, would you recommend it? Is it a place where you would go for dinner?
Community Updates
Ask
34 Comments
Food is excellent. Local branch usually very busy after 6pm. Really like their chicken liver and Portuguese roll.
Try Chimichanga, the food is good
Bigspin4 m ago

Food is excellent. Local branch usually very busy after 6pm. Really like …Food is excellent. Local branch usually very busy after 6pm. Really like their chicken liver and Portuguese roll.

Whenever i go past one, they are always full. Is a burger restaurant or are there other food there? And is it just chicken, or can you get other meat as well
Food is good try it
mutley13 m ago

Whenever i go past one, they are always full. Is a burger restaurant or …Whenever i go past one, they are always full. Is a burger restaurant or are there other food there? And is it just chicken, or can you get other meat as well

It’s chicken restaurant but not your usual chicken joint. Go to Nando’s site and check the menu.
summerof766 m ago

Try Chimichanga, the food is good

Just googled chimichanga and was expecting it to be a burger at nandos. Lol.

i love mexican food, and quite like chiquitos, but there is only one dish that i can eat as the food is too spicy for me, and i have an allergy to spicy food
mutley13 m ago

Just googled chimichanga and was expecting it to be a burger at nandos. …Just googled chimichanga and was expecting it to be a burger at nandos. Lol.i love mexican food, and quite like chiquitos, but there is only one dish that i can eat as the food is too spicy for me, and i have an allergy to spicy food

Probably wanna give a peri peri chicken place a miss then
MrMan20117 m ago

https://www.nandos.co.uk/food/menu

Thanks. I noticed the word peri peri all over the menu, and i cannot have anything with this in it as i have an allergy to spicy foods.

Are the food there spicy
Pitch^^11 m ago

Probably wanna give a peri peri chicken place a miss then

Thats the end of that then. Man
mutley15 m ago

Thats the end of that then. Man

Just tell them not to put any spicy sauce
mutley128 m ago

Thanks. I noticed the word peri peri all over the menu, and i cannot have …Thanks. I noticed the word peri peri all over the menu, and i cannot have anything with this in it as i have an allergy to spicy foods.Are the food there spicy

I’d swear you are a super troll mutley
Bigspin14 m ago

Just tell them not to put any spicy sauce

brilliant. i can't have the peri peri in my food. can i ask them to leave this out? they may cook all their chicken in this sauce so they can't leave it out?
mutley12 m ago

brilliant. i can't have the peri peri in my food. can i ask them to …brilliant. i can't have the peri peri in my food. can i ask them to leave this out? they may cook all their chicken in this sauce so they can't leave it out?

When you order your food they will ask you how spicy you want..etc.. Just tell them you’re allergic to spicy food therefore not to put anything.
Dannyrobbo4 m ago

I’d swear you are a super troll mutley

i think it comes out that way but this is a genuine question. i have never been to nandos and people tell me i should.

i did not know it was a spicy food place, just as well i ask as i can't eat anything spicy.
Bigspin1 m ago

When you order your food they will ask you how spicy you want..etc.. Just …When you order your food they will ask you how spicy you want..etc.. Just tell them you’re allergic to spicy food therefore not to put anything.

brilliant. thank you
They do lemon chicken and steaks as well, but spicy Peri Peri marinated chicken is the stand out dish. Nandos has a brilliant laid back atmosphere, from the funnily written menu cards, planting your 'flag' on the table, to sitting in a giant wine barrel. Also, finger licking is encouraged.
Edited by: "SUMMONER" 19th Nov 2017
SUMMONER1 m ago

They do lemon chicken and steaks as well, but spicy Peri Peri marinated …They do lemon chicken and steaks as well, but spicy Peri Peri marinated chicken is the stand out dish. Nandos has a brilliant laid back atmosphere, from the funny written menu cards, planting your flag on the table to sitting in a giant wine barrel. Also, finger licking is encouraged.

from this description, i just got to go, even if there is nothing i can eat
They do from lemon & mango or herb marinated chicken right up to super peri peri hot so pretty adaptable. Large menu to chose from and quick to cook.
Edited by: "bluep" 19th Nov 2017
mutley122 m ago

from this description, i just got to go, even if there is nothing i can …from this description, i just got to go, even if there is nothing i can eat

I don't know about your situation Mutley, but as I'm not always in the mood for spicy I sometimes have the Mango & Lime PERi PERi Chicken - would this be suitable for you?
livesf6 m ago

I don't know about your situation Mutley, but as I'm not always in the …I don't know about your situation Mutley, but as I'm not always in the mood for spicy I sometimes have the Mango & Lime PERi PERi Chicken - would this be suitable for you?

i come out in a rash if i eat anything that is spicy or has alcohol in it, so the list of food that i can eat is limited.

peri peri is something that would cause an allergic reaction so if i see this on the ingredients, i won't be able to eat it. when i buy food from the supermarkets, i have to read all the ingredients before i can buy it. even black pepper in the ingredients can cause a reaction.

i don't like the taste of lemon or lime in my food so that won't work, and the fact it contains the word peri peri, would mean it has this in the ingredient? if so, definately can't eat.
mutley110 m ago

i come out in a rash if i eat anything that is spicy or has alcohol in it, …i come out in a rash if i eat anything that is spicy or has alcohol in it, so the list of food that i can eat is limited.peri peri is something that would cause an allergic reaction so if i see this on the ingredients, i won't be able to eat it. when i buy food from the supermarkets, i have to read all the ingredients before i can buy it. even black pepper in the ingredients can cause a reaction.i don't like the taste of lemon or lime in my food so that won't work, and the fact it contains the word peri peri, would mean it has this in the ingredient? if so, definately can't eat.

To be honest, yeah, there might be a bit of the PERi PERi chilli (African Bird's Eye or something) in that - so Nando's might not really be the best place for you to eat because of your dietary requirements. If you'd like to investigate further, you could try calling them up (if you think it's worth the hassle) and see if there are any non-spicy options - because they don't "just sell chicken burgers" they have some salads but I think they might have a bit of spice in them, but I haven't seen anything with alcohol in it though. I wish you the best of luck deciding where to eat soon.
mutley11 h, 55 m ago

Whenever i go past one, they are always full. Is a burger restaurant or …Whenever i go past one, they are always full. Is a burger restaurant or are there other food there? And is it just chicken, or can you get other meat as well

You've clearly got access to the internet, just look at the menu.

Any everything is subjective, but it's busy as you've said so people like it, no one here knows if you will.

You've got free will and can afford £20, just go try it.
You are too old for nandos.
Hve been once to see what the fuss was about probably wouldnt bother again. Basicaly its average chicken with average sauce. Chips were cheap and nasty and the service slow
no
I've been and in all honesty I wouldn't hurry back. It is just a chain with chain type food. I can tolerate spicy food but if you can't, I wouldn't bother. I wouldn't say you won't find something you like, just there are better places where you might find better food more suited to your requirements.
Great easy food, garlic bread is a bit naff though. Service is impeccable because YOU are the service.

Go there a lot, only the old guard aren't impressed with the food.
Love Nando’s it’s not cheap but worth it
Thanks for the inputs guys. Doesnt sound like the place for me as i cant have anything which is even remotely spicy and nandos sound like it has mainly spicy foods.

Oh well, i will give it a miss
I've never been, and probably wont go anyttime soon ;p
mutley119th Nov

i think it comes out that way but this is a genuine question. i have …i think it comes out that way but this is a genuine question. i have never been to nandos and people tell me i should.i did not know it was a spicy food place, just as well i ask as i can't eat anything spicy.

I've had it the other day. Not really what I'd call spicy and I'm not a fan of hot food in general so it's not like I've become desensitised to the heat.

Also, you can choose mild, medium, hot etc.

To be honest it's nothing special so you're not missing out because of your allergy.
Edited by: "hearts22" 26th Dec 2017
The first few times I went I wasn't that impressed - then I was introduced to chicken wings!

They are awesome, but you can come pretty close by adding tons of spices at home to be honest.
The food is meh it's the sauces which make the food half way decent.
Been once and it was enough for me but do keep an eye out for offers on the sauces in supermarkets.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants