Have you been to the new Wembley?

Found 30th Apr 2010
Thinking of grabbing some England vs Mexico tickets now that they are open to general public.

Seems like there is only top seating left. Just wondering if anyone had been and what the view is like from up there??

Block526 Row31

How many rows are there? Can't seem to find a good seat map.

Thanks!

19 Comments

i've been went to see metallica a few years back, wembly is HUGE don't sit too high up or the players will look like ants!

I much prefer the layout of the Nou Camp. I have sat in the top-most rows of both grounds in the corner... view from the Nou was amazing, and from Wembley it was pretty rubbish to be honest!

I went to Wembley twice last year with the Blues. The first time we were behind the goal, the second time we were in Block 523 row 27. Although we were high up ( there was prob only 20 rows behind us ) the atmosphere was amazing but it was full as it was the cup final but I cant see it being full for the England game. ;-)

It'll be a bit like watching subbuteo from the top window of your house...

Flodd;8495098

It'll be a bit like watching subbuteo from the top window of your house...

+1 i was only standing on the pitch when i was there but you can't believe how high some of the seats are unless you've been there! soooo big!

just to give you an idea, look how tiny the ppl at the top are!!!

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-ak-sf2p/v81/177/55/800495057/n800495057_755868_4195.jpg

Original Poster

tinacant- +Rep for loving Chelsea!

I bought 3 in the end, row 32... so yes I will be bloody high up...

But it will be my first time to an International, my first trip to Wembley and about 3 weeks away from the start of the World Cup so I couldn't resist!

Thanks for your help guys - hope it's a good game.

Frukoz;8495182

tinacant- +Rep for loving Chelsea!I bought 3 in the end, row 32... so yes … tinacant- +Rep for loving Chelsea!I bought 3 in the end, row 32... so yes I will be bloody high up...But it will be my first time to an International, my first trip to Wembley and about 3 weeks away from the start of the World Cup so I couldn't resist!Thanks for your help guys - hope it's a good game.

have a great time

Original Poster

missp27;8495208

have a great time

Thanks missp27! Really appreciate the help. Hope the atmosphere makes up for it!

Frukoz;8495221

Thanks missp27! Really appreciate the help. Hope the atmosphere makes up … Thanks missp27! Really appreciate the help. Hope the atmosphere makes up for it!

no probs hope the piccy helped

Frukoz;8495182

tinacant- +Rep for loving Chelsea!I bought 3 in the end, row 32... so yes … tinacant- +Rep for loving Chelsea!I bought 3 in the end, row 32... so yes I will be bloody high up...But it will be my first time to an International, my first trip to Wembley and about 3 weeks away from the start of the World Cup so I couldn't resist!Thanks for your help guys - hope it's a good game.

Have a fabulous time you will enjoy it its amazing..... Lol for the rep for loving Chelsea :whistling:

i've been three times now (two with my beloved west brom - seen them lose twice though) and have sat in different areas each time.

personally, I think that sitting 'up in the gods' is really good. Gives you a really good view of the plays, you can still see who all the players are and everything. only problem is all the steps going up...

Original Poster

emhaslam;8495327

i've been three times now (two with my beloved west brom - seen them lose … i've been three times now (two with my beloved west brom - seen them lose twice though) and have sat in different areas each time.personally, I think that sitting 'up in the gods' is really good. Gives you a really good view of the plays, you can still see who all the players are and everything. only problem is all the steps going up...

Just what I wanted to hear...Thanks for the input!

... and as long as I don't spill my beer, the steps should be fine

I went last year to see England and we sat in the very last row. There was just a wall behind us but i and the kids thoroughly enjoyed it.
It was a wicked atmosphere and you could see the whole stadium.
Have fun!

Original Poster

magough;8495389

I went last year to see England and we sat in the very last row. There … I went last year to see England and we sat in the very last row. There was just a wall behind us but i and the kids thoroughly enjoyed it.It was a wicked atmosphere and you could see the whole stadium.Have fun!

Good stuff, can't wait to go!

Agreed it won't be the best seat in the house but at least you will be there supporting England(I hope) which is what counts.

You will have a great time, it will be a sell out and a great atmosphere wherever you are.

We sat very near the back a couple of years ago (Div 2 play off final) and as stated already, it's actually not a bad view.
And the escalators take you up there so not too bad!
i18.photobucket.com/alb…jpg
i18.photobucket.com/alb…jpg

Have a great time.

I sat near there for Saints V Carlisle JPT Final this year. View is stunning ... feels very high. Get a great view of formations/movement but hard to see players faces. There isn't really a bad view at Wembley IMO.

Frukoz;8495374

Just what I wanted to hear...Thanks for the input!... and as long as I … Just what I wanted to hear...Thanks for the input!... and as long as I don't spill my beer, the steps should be fine

no problems. you'll have a really good day if you decide to go!
Post a comment
@
    Text