Have you ever been/nearly been fired?

Found 10th Mar
What happened? Was it fair in hindsight? Perhaps you wanted it to happen?
Community Updates
Ask
Top comments
Yes in 2003. I rang in sick & the manager didn’t like me because of a previous fall out when she wasn’t the manager and she lied claiming she seen me out on a night out and i was dismissed on the day i returned, but i was actually in hospital that night and could prove it but they wasn’t interested and I wrote them a letter saying i want to appeal and court action would follow etc, they then offered me my job back but on nights (which i took) a month later redundancy was announced, i took it and got it on my night rate which i gained an extra £8k more than i would if still on days. so all worked out the end really
Edited by: "SteMoss" 10th Mar
14 Comments
I've been fired from prepacking at a fruit factory as part of a gang. Not a career for life but money all the same. Money wasn't too bad but the guys in charge had the superior air that only the truly half witted can muster. Chief orange guy was a muppet, probably took him a lot of time to move up through the ranks to that lofty height or the previous guys just died off due to the Darwin effect.
Yes in 2003. I rang in sick & the manager didn’t like me because of a previous fall out when she wasn’t the manager and she lied claiming she seen me out on a night out and i was dismissed on the day i returned, but i was actually in hospital that night and could prove it but they wasn’t interested and I wrote them a letter saying i want to appeal and court action would follow etc, they then offered me my job back but on nights (which i took) a month later redundancy was announced, i took it and got it on my night rate which i gained an extra £8k more than i would if still on days. so all worked out the end really
Edited by: "SteMoss" 10th Mar
SteMoss5 m ago

Yes in 2003. I rang in sick & the manager didn’t like me because of a p …Yes in 2003. I rang in sick & the manager didn’t like me because of a previous fall out when she wasn’t the manager and she lied claiming she seen me out on a night out and i was dismissed on the day i returned, but i was actually in hospital that night and could prove it but they wasn’t interested and I wrote them a letter saying i want to appeal and court action would follow etc, they then offered me my job back but on nights (which i took) a month later redundancy was announced, i took it and got it on my night rate which i gained an extra £8k more than i would if still on days. so all worked out the end really

Haha brilliant
Nope, but it’s not too hard to be fired at my job with the new people in charge. You’d be surprised about how many rules they have for cleaning jobs.
deleted1166706Original Poster
SteMoss4 h, 33 m ago

Yes in 2003. I rang in sick & the manager didn’t like me because of a p …Yes in 2003. I rang in sick & the manager didn’t like me because of a previous fall out when she wasn’t the manager and she lied claiming she seen me out on a night out and i was dismissed on the day i returned, but i was actually in hospital that night and could prove it but they wasn’t interested and I wrote them a letter saying i want to appeal and court action would follow etc, they then offered me my job back but on nights (which i took) a month later redundancy was announced, i took it and got it on my night rate which i gained an extra £8k more than i would if still on days. so all worked out the end really

Brilliant, any idea what she does now? Are you married perhaps?
It's a dog eat dog world out there...

Yes I worked for an Estate Agent in Colchester Essex and was given the push. Very long story however it was the area manager who did the sacking. He then asked me if there was anything I'd like to say. Normally I would just walk away however I said yes and paused then said I have never worked in an environment with so much distrust and dishonesty. He then asked what I ment by my comments to which my reply was you should have asked before firing me and he will have to work it out on his own. Within months most of what I knew became very apparent but no idea what happened to the bent manager other than he ended up living with the Secretary he was having an affair with.
I then walked into a job paying over 2 to 3 times more money:) However that all went wrong, but justice was served when my wife employed their Secretary years later.
alltaken12310th Mar

Brilliant, any idea what she does now? Are you married perhaps?

She will be retired now, proper jobsworth she was!
Why do you want to know this?????
deleted1166706Original Poster
cornishscouse11 m ago

Why do you want to know this?????

I was once let go, it was described as a temp role with tasks as required. Long story short they had me fired for not managing to complete all the tasks of my original job, off sick team manager and the financial side. I was very disillusioned that people could be treated that way. Luckily it didn’t set me back too much - that’s why I’m interested in others experiences
Glad your ok, yeah many companies finding it easier to get rid of staff, as they don't recognise unions, and to many loopholes. I've never been in that situation, but nearly have. Hope you have a job with decent employers now.
I lost my job as a cricket commentator for saying: ‘I don’t want to bore you with the details’
kester7610th Mar

...Chief orange guy was a muppet...

33427371-IBLS7.jpg
Was it Scooter?
fanpages40 m ago

[Image] Was it Scooter?

Doubt it as I have respect for Scooter. This guy probably got his job due to inbreeding.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants