Have you ever left money in a self service till?

Found 12th Jul 2011
I'm usually careful when I use them but today I left a tenner in one, I went back 5 minutes later and of course it was gone :-(

Have you ever left or found money in a SS till?
Community Updates
Misc
62 Comments
Banned
I found a ten pound note in a cash point machine today .. result = winning
Nope, it's like people who leave money they've just withdrawn hanging out of a cashpoint- I can't fathom how they manage it!!
Banned
Lol @ going back.
Original Poster
cookiemonster83

Nope, it's like people who leave money they've just withdrawn hanging out … Nope, it's like people who leave money they've just withdrawn hanging out of a cashpoint- I can't fathom how they manage it!!

I often used to think that too X)
Nope, wish I would found money.
Easily done as the notes are usually hidden out of eyesight where they come out.
Edited by: "greg_68" 12th Jul 2011
Original Poster
master_chief

Lol @ going back.

It's only across the road from me, I knew it wouldn't be there but thought I'd just check anyway.
greg_68

Easily done as they usually hidden out of eyesight where they come out.

Yet within the line of sight, there's an entire screen displaying how much change you are being given!
Yep, although a member of staff chased my out the shop to give it back.

Nearly left $400 hanging out a cash machine in San Fran a few weeks ago, I thought I had pressed cancel but apparently not..I think the machine would have taken the money back and cancelled the transaction after a minute surely?
Nope. But nearly left my ipad 2 on a plane lolz!
Original Poster
I reckon it's Karma for all the glitches I've taken from Tesco
Both Asda and Sainsburys staff keep an eye on the tills and keep the money in case anyone returns so might be an idea to go back and ask if they have spotted yours.
LoveHearts

I reckon it's Karma for all the glitches I've taken from Tesco

Was going to ask you where you do your shopping but you have already answered my question will keep an out eye for a green robot peeing on an apple
Edited by: "360baby" 12th Jul 2011
I found £200 in an ATM, but I managed to get the money to the person who left it. The HSBC found out who it was because he left the receipt too. Apparently he was rushing to Liverpool Airport and thought that the machine wasn't paying out, so took his card and ran. He was chuffed when he came back from holiday!
numptyj

Nope. But nearly left my ipad 2 on a plane lolz!

so not only a cock but also a stupid one

i kid
Original Poster
Predikuesi

I found £200 in an ATM, but I managed to get the money to the person who … I found £200 in an ATM, but I managed to get the money to the person who left it. The HSBC found out who it was because he left the receipt too. Apparently he was rushing to Liverpool Airport and thought that the machine wasn't paying out, so took his card and ran. He was chuffed when he came back from holiday!

What a lovely honest person you are
Fozzy1957

Both Asda and Sainsburys staff keep an eye on the tills and keep the … Both Asda and Sainsburys staff keep an eye on the tills and keep the money in case anyone returns so might be an idea to go back and ask if they have spotted yours.

thanks that will come in handy
Never left anything. I'm a bit ocd regarding anything like that. If i've been restaurant, cinema or pub, i'll always get up look about me, on floor, under table etc. Scared to death of losing owt.

That and washing my hands about 30 times a day. God i've never really thought how wierd i am!
Original Poster
Fozzy1957

Both Asda and Sainsburys staff keep an eye on the tills and keep the … Both Asda and Sainsburys staff keep an eye on the tills and keep the money in case anyone returns so might be an idea to go back and ask if they have spotted yours.

I know the lady who was working the tills and she said no.
gmdlogan

That and washing my hands about 30 times a day. God i've never really … That and washing my hands about 30 times a day. God i've never really thought how wierd i am!

Trying using soap I recommend dove
No but last week the man in front didn't pay the full amount and left 62p remaining balance lol.
It usually gets puled back in by the machine if not taken pretty quickly (this happened to me once). check with the bank.
Lefty

It usually gets puled back in by the machine if not taken pretty quickly … It usually gets puled back in by the machine if not taken pretty quickly (this happened to me once). check with the bank.

Self service check out not an ATM for the OP
Lefty

It usually gets puled back in by the machine if not taken pretty quickly … It usually gets puled back in by the machine if not taken pretty quickly (this happened to me once). check with the bank.

It's a self service till at a supermarket, not an ATM!
Lefty

LOL you got jacked by a cash machine
Original Poster
I think I got distracted because I used a voucher for a free Galaxy chocolate and it beeped X)
LoveHearts

I think I got distracted because I used a voucher for a free Galaxy … I think I got distracted because I used a voucher for a free Galaxy chocolate and it beeped X)

so the choclate ended up costing you £10
Original Poster
360baby

so the choclate ended up costing you £10

Don't rub it in lol.
I know the Op is on about self service tills but this reminds me of this local appeal for people caught on camera, if people are stupid enough to leave the cash there then I would have said its fair game, though if they catch hime it will likely be "theft by finding" a crappy charge and slap on the wrists, its not like he set out to steal and if he hadnt taken it its likely someone else would.
http://i155.photobucket.com/albums/s308/harlzter/atm.jpg

6th down on the left(ish)

http://www.derbyshire.police.uk/Caught-on-camera/CaughtOnCamera.aspx

I always check for skimmers on the ATM's, not sure what I would do if I found one, should report it but as I love tinkering with tech the temptation to remove it "in order to protect others would be high."
A guy I work with found £100 in one at morrisons last week!
PAUL7331

A guy I work with found £100 in one at morrisons last week!

Till or ATM?
At the moment - no but did leave a smelly one behind once.
Original Poster
A couple of years ago I found an uncrossed £50 postal order, I handed it into the post office. I often wonder if the poor sod got it back.
OH got given £3.50 extra change from a Self Service machine in Tesco, definitely winning!
Anyone dumb enough to lose/forget their money doesn't deserve to have it in the first place lol.
i was behind a little old pakistani man at a cash point in brixton he took his card and walked away without his cash,i called out to him that he,d left his money i think there was quite abit as it was a thick pile of 20ts,he took hhis money and left without saying thanks what a cheek,dont think he would of got his cash judging by the que behind,oh well.
dataload

so not only a cock but also a stupid onei kid

Lol it was stupid.

I was walking down the stairs off the plane. Realised.

FUUUUUUUUUU

Barged back on to find it sitting behind the seat in front still. Phew
Yes, i did go through a SS till and yes, i did forget to take my paper change ( i was talking and got distracted ). I was in a hurry, so i grabbed the coins and shopping and dashed back to the car. The next day i got a phone call from Tesco to tell me that i had left £5 change - they had traced me through my swiped clubcard details. It would have cost me about a fiver to drive to get it back (not a branch i usually shop at), so as it was Children in Need that day, i told them to put it in a collection box.
I nearly did today. Paid for my shopping by card today at a self-service till at the supermarket and got some cash back. I was struggling to get the awkward shopping into my rucksack and forgot about the cash back which was in the note tray under the scan surface and out of eyesight. The store helper tapped me on the shoulder and handed me the money.

It's easily done and I'm not usually absent minded.
I once left a bag of shopping at a self service till, only realised when I go home.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions