Groups

Have you ever visited to a place that made so happy you seriously though of staying

like a holiday place

44 Comments

Original Poster

for me its Rome, I love it there

last time I went, my friend said I could stay as long as I want and for 2 days I really though about it, right up until I got on the plain I was not sure I was going to come home

Yes I've felt that way
    but I can't remember where

My bed.
    Might not seem like a holiday destination but having 2 young sons does feel like work. Bed is a welcome rest bite.

Cyprus for me, (Greek side). Beautiful place and people.

Original Poster

I used to feel it for Florida but since my Mother died I do not think I could visit again

miles136

for me its Rome, I love it therelast time I went, my friend said I could … for me its Rome, I love it therelast time I went, my friend said I could stay as long as I want and for 2 days I really though about it, right up until I got on the plain I was not sure I was going to come home

​Totally understand that, went there a month ago, amazing city had five days and it didn't feel nearly enough

Yeah, so I did.

It did used to be Zante in Greece. not been for a long time though.

haritori

It did used to be Zante in Greece. not been for a long time though.

Just back from Zante this year and loved it! Looked at a few places to buy, as it does have that "warm happy glow" feeling about it. The place, the people, makes me want to visit and travel the whole of Greece. (Also loved Cyprus for the same reasons.)

rehydrated

Just back from Zante this year and loved it! Looked at a few places to … Just back from Zante this year and loved it! Looked at a few places to buy, as it does have that "warm happy glow" feeling about it. The place, the people, makes me want to visit and travel the whole of Greece. (Also loved Cyprus for the same reasons.)

We love it as a family it's a great place to go, we once got caught in a storm with an earthquake going on underfoot and the streets were literally up to our knees in water with lightning and thunder above, We just left Mermaids restaurant in Kalamaki walking back to our hotel but it was the best fun ever, we were soaked to the bone but its a memory I will cherish forever.

Edited by: "haritori" 22nd Aug 2016

Shetland . It's beautiful even when it's cold wet and miserable

Banned

Leuven - Belgium, in the mountains of Poland, by the sea of Cornwall mostly anywhere but here.

A brothel, the people are so friendly but it can be expensive if you want to stay the night.

I visited Dundee some 8 years ago and liked it very much stayed 3 years but it got boring after that so moved again

Yeh, st Leonard's on sea. Visited for a w Keene 4 years ago, phoned in sick for two days to stay longer, went back to London and jacked in my job and house share and moved to st Leonard's a month later with no job and no place of my own. Best thing I ever did. I have a very good job down here and a huge house with views of the sea and a beautiful garden, all for less rent than I paid for a room in a shared house in London!!!

moneysavingkitten

Yeah, so I did.

​Would that be Ireland you're thinking of?

misc section

Durrës

No. Always prefer my home the best.

54°09'56.03" N 2°26'31.54" W

Agent004

​Totally understand that, went there a month ago, amazing city had f … ​Totally understand that, went there a month ago, amazing city had five days and it didn't feel nearly enough

Goin there soon is it possible to walk from colleseum to vatican in a day or does it feel spread out with far too much inbetween. Goin for 5 days stayin close to colleseum. Thanks

Manhattan, Chang Mai, Bangkok, Dahab, Turku and Melbourne FL.

cj41

Goin there soon is it possible to walk from colleseum to vatican in a day … Goin there soon is it possible to walk from colleseum to vatican in a day or does it feel spread out with far too much inbetween. Goin for 5 days stayin close to colleseum. Thanks

Unless you enjoy marathon walking it's too far. Different parts of the city. From Coliseum you can take a metro and head to the Vatican within 10-15 minutes. Would take at least an hour to walk though you would pass through some nice squares which you don't see on the Metro. Have a great time.

Agree with Miles, it's a beautiful city - wife and I keep going back even though there's sooooo many other places to visit around the world.

Off to do a road trip of Poland next month as we loved Krakow and can't wait for that. Also did a short road trip of Croatia with some island hopping thrown in thanks to a deal on HUKD earlier this year which was nothing short of spectacular.

Favourite city ever visited and would like to live is Barcelona - my wife's job's HQ is based there so always a chance (and we both speak Spanish).

Dyslexic_Dog

​Would that be Ireland you're thinking of?

Nope, never been Good shout though.

Florida. Would up sticks and go right now if I could afford it.

cheaperbythe12

Unless you enjoy marathon walking it's too far. Different parts of the … Unless you enjoy marathon walking it's too far. Different parts of the city. From Coliseum you can take a metro and head to the Vatican within 10-15 minutes. Would take at least an hour to walk though you would pass through some nice squares which you don't see on the Metro. Have a great time.Agree with Miles, it's a beautiful city - wife and I keep going back even though there's sooooo many other places to visit around the world. Off to do a road trip of Poland next month as we loved Krakow and can't wait for that. Also did a short road trip of Croatia with some island hopping thrown in thanks to a deal on HUKD earlier this year which was nothing short of spectacular.Favourite city ever visited and would like to live is Barcelona - my wife's job's HQ is based there so always a chance (and we both speak Spanish).

Haha im following ur road trip! Following ur exact trip except going to moscow after room. Thanks for replying. Husband would move to barcelona too! Enjoy

Another place thats lovely that you wouldnt imagine to be is Ibiza, especially in Old Town.

cj41

Goin there soon is it possible to walk from colleseum to vatican in a day … Goin there soon is it possible to walk from colleseum to vatican in a day or does it feel spread out with far too much inbetween. Goin for 5 days stayin close to colleseum. Thanks

​You can walk from the Coloseum to the Vatican but my advice is to get a bus they are really cheap, although the Vatican ones get quite packed out as they are the most popular. We got an 8 stop hop on hop off all day tour bus on the first day to get our bearings which takes you to all the major sites and runs till early evening cost €18 and takes about 2 hours round trip and like I said is valid for the whole day, Enjoy and a warning don't buy the water from the guys walking around but there are loads of safe drinking fountains to top up anyway.

cj41

Haha im following ur road trip! Following ur exact trip except going to … Haha im following ur road trip! Following ur exact trip except going to moscow after room. Thanks for replying. Husband would move to barcelona too! Enjoy

Haha, brilliant! Great minds, eh!

One thing, since it sounds like you're visiting the Coliseum and Vatican, definitely buy your tickets online before you go. Doesn't cost anything extra but you get fast tracked through the queues. For coliseum:
    coopculture.it/en/…cfm
    Vatican:
    biglietteriamusei.vatican.va/mus…p=1

when we went in mid season, the line for the Vatican must've taken atleast an hour to get through. The coliseum also have guided tours and we managed to organise a Spanish walking tour which took us into the underbelly and it was nothing short of spectacular. What was funny was a stupid and inconsiderate American couple with their kid who not only didn't understand one word of Spanish but their ickle nipper didn't stop screaming once and the Spanish lady muttering 'what can I do to shut that kid up!'. Let's say it added to the memories of it all X)

Have a great trip. If you've any Q's, I don't mind helping out. Wish we could go in your suitcase X) Tho Poland should be great too.

I would say misc :p. Deals and Flamedeers got me to HUKD but the misc gang made me
    stay and contribute to the site.

Puerto Pollensa in Majorca. Been several times. Lovely walks, nice restaurants and bars, great people. Decided to explore other places as we kept going there! Love Seville and Madeira too.

Original Poster

cj41

slow walk is about an hour, but stop off at a cafe along the way feel the history

Original Poster

haritori

Another place thats lovely that you wouldnt imagine to be is Ibiza, … Another place thats lovely that you wouldnt imagine to be is Ibiza, especially in Old Town.

mmm can just see you on the street of virgins

Bali.

St Ives in Cornwall

Banned

daletharper

St Ives in Cornwall

too many bandit seagulls

Anglesey, North Wales. Some of the jolliest people I've ever met, a country mile from what I've grown up to in London.

Yes, kefalonia...went there 15 years ago (can't believe it was that long ago) would love to live there..beautiful place

Original Poster

I want to go away but am too tiered to organise it or travel

miles136

for me its Rome, I love it therelast time I went, my friend said I could … for me its Rome, I love it therelast time I went, my friend said I could stay as long as I want and for 2 days I really though about it, right up until I got on the plain I was not sure I was going to come home

Rome is a great place for cats, there are hundreds of thousands of them in about 2000 colonies, they are a famous attraction living among the ancient buildings.

"There is a deep-rooted affection for these cats who have an ancient bond with the city." says the local council.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-5msfgzc46m4/VUDZZrvlD4I/AAAAAAAAFXM/e6Mq3dSoaX4/s1600/colosseum_cats-001.jpg
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …84142
      2. Follow the Three Word Game!!!44624043
      3. Who's getting the Xbox X Scorpio? 60 day satisfaction1111
      4. Oh deer.. looks like they are back sooner this year.2748

See more discussions