Have you switched from Infinity 2 to Plusnet 76MB?

Found 30th Oct 2017
I am considering switching from Infinity 2 with BT to Plusnet 76MB and would be interested to know if you were happier or not, especially if you have IPTV.
The reason being that BT won’t do any deals on price at all.
thanks

1. Ask
Groups
  1. Ask
9 Comments

I switched to plus net and back again to bt. Didn't notice a difference

Original Poster

jb661 h, 24 m ago

I switched to plus net and back again to bt. Didn't notice a difference

Thanks, good to know as Plusnet is doing a good deal atm

Hi,
I was going to go for plus net but I opted for talk talk. Today’s deal for the fibre optic 76gb is £27.50 a month with no upfront fees.
I’m using my iptv on my Samsung smart tv with my Vodafone 36gb standard broadband and it works flawlessly. After using a number of iptv suppliers I’ve realised it’s all dependant on who uploads your channel list. Mine runs smooth on my Vodafone 4g..

Sambat7 h, 31 m ago

Thanks, good to know as Plusnet is doing a good deal atm

Plusnet is BT anyhow, just with a lesser modem/router and UK call centres. Wouldn't touch TT with a barge pole, least they very consistent in being voted the worst supplier in the UK five years running, not to mention the numerous data breaches and fines they been receiving, along with aggressive sales techniques.
edit:Forgot to add though I could be wrong, I think Plusnet doesn't have the same upload speeds as you would be getting with BT if that is anything that would concern you.
Edited by: "cecilmcroberts" 31st Oct 2017

cecilmcroberts15 h, 50 m ago

Plusnet is BT anyhow, just with a lesser modem/router and UK call centres. …Plusnet is BT anyhow, just with a lesser modem/router and UK call centres. Wouldn't touch TT with a barge pole, least they very consistent in being voted the worst supplier in the UK five years running, not to mention the numerous data breaches and fines they been receiving, along with aggressive sales techniques.edit:Forgot to add though I could be wrong, I think Plusnet doesn't have the same upload speeds as you would be getting with BT if that is anything that would concern you.

I have been with Plusnet a couple of years after switching from BT Business (because BT stupidly wouldn't let me switch to residential tariff when we closed the business down) and upload speed was doubled after the switch, so I would disagree with your last edit

decanay3 h, 7 m ago

I have been with Plusnet a couple of years after switching from BT …I have been with Plusnet a couple of years after switching from BT Business (because BT stupidly wouldn't let me switch to residential tariff when we closed the business down) and upload speed was doubled after the switch, so I would disagree with your last edit

Yeah I wasn't too sure. Out of interest as my own contract up in December what upload speed you getting on Plusnet?.

My experience has been 20Mb (average probably around 18Mb) on both their 38Mb and 76Mb packages.
Edited by: "decanay" 1st Nov 2017

decanay38 m ago

My experience has been 20Mb (average probably around 18Mb) on both their …My experience has been 20Mb (average probably around 18Mb) on both their 38Mb and 76Mb packages.

Thank you, sounds to be the exact same I'm getting with BT then (76mb package)

cecilmcroberts51 m ago

Thank you, sounds to be the exact same I'm getting with BT then (76mb …Thank you, sounds to be the exact same I'm getting with BT then (76mb package)

Yes, should be the same as that package. I was previously on a BT business 38Mb package (same transfer rates as residential at the time, just a lot more expensive) and BT capped that to 10Mb upload, so Plusnet switch resulted in a decent upgrade for me
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions