1. Tes Deals
Groups

have you tried any of the tesco value stuff.

hi ive never really bought the value stuff but i am abit strapped for cash this week so can any of you recommend any of the value items you have tried thanks.

17 Comments

the orange juice at 56p is really really nice!

Its just as good, I dont mind the value stuff when Im on a budget

Their bleach is really good. I can't taste the difference between that and Domestos.

stay away from the value custrd powder.....its radio active yellow and tastes like ****!
    The bourbons, custard creams and jaffa cakes are nice

the ketchup is top class. we buy it all the time, and we buy it for the taste not cuz its cheap.

just think wisely. if you're buying stuff like fish fingers or something you're obviously gonna get crap. but the likes of orange juice and ketchup and stuff can't be that bad. my wife likes the tesco value chicken lunch meat. I personally like the crisps. Really small bags but they taste very good.

bitseylango;6491359

stay away from the value custrd powder.....its radio active yellow and … stay away from the value custrd powder.....its radio active yellow and tastes like ****!The bourbons, custard creams and jaffa cakes are nice

YES! I swear I followed the instructions on the back of the custard packet and it still ends up tasteless and running - terrible stuff.

Other than that, everything else I've bought from them tastes great!

flp14344;6491369

http://www.hotukdeals.com/item/494103/9p-tesco-value-shortbread-125g-pack/

i was just about to say the 9p shortbread :thumbsup:
    also the big pack of value ham is good for the kids packed lunches :thumbsup: mine don't seem to have a problem with it but i couldn't tell you what it tastes like as i don't like ham :lol:

i buy the chicken fillets all the time - works out 2 for £2, there ok for like a thai curry but not for a roast recipe!

I had the Tesco Value - Cheesecake, it was quite nice actually!

Dont always assume that the Value/Smart price/Saver lines are the cheapest - check the price per volume and always look at the bogof and other offers - you may be quite surprised!
    and the sainsbury cheap rice pudding isnt worth it - says on the tin something about containing less but still tastes as good - well i like my rice pudding thick and creamy and asda have ambrosia on offer at the mo!

Aquatic;6491499

Dont always assume that the Value/Smart price/Saver lines are the … Dont always assume that the Value/Smart price/Saver lines are the cheapest - check the price per volume and always look at the bogof and other offers - you may be quite surprised!and the sainsbury cheap rice pudding isnt worth it - says on the tin something about containing less but still tastes as good - well i like my rice pudding thick and creamy and asda have ambrosia on offer at the mo!

Yup often bogofs or other brands can be cheaper.
    If you got time shop around Lidl and aldis have fab offers on veg atm

Icebergs 29p and corn on the cob 15 p in lidl atm

The chocolate mousses are pretty good too ;-)

i wish there was a simple way of loading your weekly standard shopping list into a database and it would come back with where to buy each item from. Wizz round each shop pick up your bits and you know you have the cheapest possible bill then.

I know there are the compare sites but don't you have to search individually every time you go there?

Re: the cheap stuff I guess it's suck it and see, some people like none brand corn flakes, personally can't stand them but do buy other none brand stuff. Everyones tastes are different.

my daughter will only drink the value fresh orange juice at 56p, she says its better than the more expensive ones

mcnally32;6491368

the ketchup is top class. we buy it all the time, and we buy it for the … the ketchup is top class. we buy it all the time, and we buy it for the taste not cuz its cheap. .

Lier :lol:

It's not tesco value but 1 of their cheaper brands (cant remember the name).
    It's toilet roll and it's under £2 for 9 rolls and it's actually alright.
    Not had any "finger up the bum" episodes yet LOL :whistling:
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. *Heads Up* Free Wrestling on Sunday 10pm YouTube, Facebook and WWE.com. Sum…11
      2. How dangerous is Donald trump?27127
      3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764186
      4. Sad Gazza anecdote August 8th 2017 - Beyond help?77

See more discussions