Groups

Haven devon cliffs

Going to devon cliffs on monday thanks to the sun holidays and was wondering what good attractions are there to visit nearby and are there any nice shopping centres and nice seaside towns nearby.
    Thanks.

7 Comments

Mod & Ed

Hiya
    Exeter has quite a decent shopping centre, which is the nearest city to Exmouth, further down Plymouth also has a decent shopping centre, it also has the national sealife aquarium, historic hoe, the barbican etc, exmouth is a nice town, with seasidey type things, along the coast is Teignmouth, slightly bigger and further along again is Torquay and Paignton, Paignton has a pier with arcades etc, a road full of touristy shops/arcades/cafes, it also has a very good zoo you can get a ticket which also includes entrance to the living coasts attraction in Torquay. Paignton also has a steam railway line, a very good beach at Goodrington sands with a water park. hth

Hi
    Crealy Adventure Park is a good place to go with children and it was affordable. They had an offer on that ment we could get free entry within the week (7 days)as many time as you like. I went to Haven devon cliffs last easter with 5 children and i will say they were bored within 30 mins of arriving there. The camp i found not to have a great deal on offer for you to do, everywhere you went in the camp involved walking through the arcade. Every thing is money money money. The soft play area was filthy. We found broken glass and rubbish in there first thing in the morning after it was cleaned. The caravan was not to be desired, it smelled, and was way smaller than the broucher said. The site itself was one masive hill. Be prepared for alot of walking as the site is big. We went out of the camp every day just for something to do. As the entertainment was alot to be desired with young children. I was very disappointed as this was suppose to be the flag ship of the company. The BEST (I would say NOT.)

I trust Devon Cliffs is in Exmouth? visit the new Life boat station. That is a very good location as you are close to many local attractions / towns. I cant really add to wishihadadonkey but Sidmouth is very good i hear. Exeter has recently had their shopping centre updated, all the well known brands are there,also plently of nice places to eat and full of character. Def recommend Paignton zoo. Hope you have a great time :-D

I forgot Crealy, went there 2 years ago with kids (5 & 7) and they loved it, even enough for adults to be big kids ;-) I think Woodlands Theme Park might be too ar for you but thats a great place too.

Have a look on the following link for more info on Exmouth and surrounding area

exmouth-guide.co.uk/edw…htm

Have a good time.

If I were you id pop up to clarks village. I live in Torquay and dont rate Exeter or Plymouth at all! Loads off coastline where I live. I find the attractions can be expensive. Woodlands is quite good value for money. There is also a large shopping centre called Trago Mills in newton abbott.

chunky chelsea;8314664

Hi Crealy Adventure Park is a good place to go with children and it was … Hi Crealy Adventure Park is a good place to go with children and it was affordable. They had an offer on that ment we could get free entry within the week (7 days)as many time as you like. I went to Haven devon cliffs last easter with 5 children and i will say they were bored within 30 mins of arriving there. The camp i found not to have a great deal on offer for you to do, everywhere you went in the camp involved walking through the arcade. Every thing is money money money. The soft play area was filthy. We found broken glass and rubbish in there first thing in the morning after it was cleaned. The caravan was not to be desired, it smelled, and was way smaller than the broucher said. The site itself was one masive hill. Be prepared for alot of walking as the site is big. We went out of the camp every day just for something to do. As the entertainment was alot to be desired with young children. I was very disappointed as this was suppose to be the flag ship of the company. The BEST (I would say NOT.)

Well I'll agree with you about Crealy - thought that was fantastic. I also loved devon cliffs itself - we had a caravan overlooking the sea and it was really great. The pool area was lovely too - outdoor pools were great. In fact I loved the site ( thought we're not into the entertainment stuff) & think the OP will have a great holiday there. Maybe we were lucky or maybe you were unlucky but if I lived nearer I'd certainly be back.

Supermod

leecroot;8316116

If I were you id pop up to clarks village. I live in Torquay and dont … If I were you id pop up to clarks village. I live in Torquay and dont rate Exeter or Plymouth at all! Loads off coastline where I live. I find the attractions can be expensive. Woodlands is quite good value for money. There is also a large shopping centre called Trago Mills in newton abbott.

...you live in Torquay and dont rate Exeter!? Torquay is an absolute dump!

Exeter is quite rightly the capital city as it is a quality place to live.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …4211874
      2. Back to school: what's your views on your kids uniform and piercing rules e…24104
      3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764653
      4. Show us your Photos 2017. August's Theme - Animals31411

See more discussions