Having problems getting internet connection?

Found 10th Jul 2008
Just in case anyone is having the same problem. I've had problems getting an internet connection for the last 2 days, computer tells me I have an internet connection, but couldn't get any pages to come up. Anyway to cut a long story short, microsoft XP automatically updated and the update is incompatible with ZoneAlarm. To sort it, you have to uninstall ZoneAlarm, then go to zonealarm.com and re-install it. Hope this helps someone!

1. Misc
  2. Movie
Groups
  1. Misc
  2. Movie
7 Comments

this is a known issue with zone alarm

if your ZA is the free version (not the security suite), i would suggest to switch to comode ww.comodo.com, an excellent british made firewall. I have never encounter any problem with it, be it with vista or XP

good info but if they have trouble connecting to the internet there proabaly miss this post

Banned

lucky you sorted yours before caturday.....:lol:

Original Poster

nuabdi;2499269

this is a known issue with zone alarmif your ZA is the free version (not … this is a known issue with zone alarmif your ZA is the free version (not the security suite), i would suggest to switch to comode ww.comodo.com, an excellent british made firewall. I have never encounter any problem with it, be it with vista or XP

I was already considering - it's strange there was a question about it on here a little while ago and I posted that I'd never had any problems!

Daytrader;2499367

good info but if they have trouble connecting to the internet there … good info but if they have trouble connecting to the internet there proabaly miss this post

I did think of that, but when I realised that windows had updated, I did a system restore and things were fine, but then of course MS updated again. I thought others may have done the same and this might save them from doing a system restore daily!

imranmaz;2499396

lucky you sorted yours before caturday.....:lol:

I don't know what you mean :whistling: Actually I'm away for the weekend so will miss it! Kippy's away too! BTW congratulations on your degree - awesome marks!

Jumpingphil;2499496

See my … See my post.]http://www.hotukdeals.com/item/212079/latest-microsoft-update-and-zoneala/

I had missed this - no internet access - but MS will update again and the problem will be back!

supermod

chrysha;2501322

- but MS will update again and the problem will be back!

Go to his post, follow zonealarm link & update - Zonelalarm have fixed problem. Worked today for me - took about 5mins.

Here's direct link ]http//do…tml, just select your product.

Don't need to uninstall existing, it will do it for you. Need to select medium on the internet zone slider tab so that you can connect to internet, just while you install newest version of Zonealarm. Don't need to uninstall windows update then :thumbsup:

EDIT until the next time MS mess it up again ;-)

Original Poster

sigma;2501357

Go to his post, follow zonealarm link & update - Zonelalarm have fixed … Go to his post, follow zonealarm link & update - Zonelalarm have fixed problem. Worked today for me - took about 5mins :thumbsup:Here's direct link ]http://download.zonealarm.com/bin/free/pressReleases/2008/LossOfInternetAccessIssue.html, just select your product.Don't need to uninstall existing, it will do it for you. Need to select medium on the internet zone slider tab so that you can connect to internet, just while you install newest version of Zonealarm. Don't need to uninstall windows update then :thumbsup:

Good advice! This would be the best way of doing it, but I'm impressed that I managed it all by myself, even if it wasn't the quickest way!
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Quidco Snow me the money Competition831086
    2. Ending: 03/12 - A giveaway for a £175 Freedom To Exist Watch11
    3. Magazine competitions - Issue 46 @ tvchoicemagazine.co.uk1515
    4. vodafone/metro comp - win a sony experia touch worth £1,300! - entries clos…11

See more discussions