Expired

Having problems obtaining a refund from London sea life centre

Found 14th Sep 2013
Hope some one on here can advise me on what the best course of action would be to get my refund sorted.

I ordered combination tickets ( 1 family ticket + 2 extra kids tickets ) of the sea life's website on 13th Aug for the London sea life centre & the London eye. On our visit on the 29th Aug the London eye was not working and we was given the choice to have tickets for the London eye valid for next 30 days or have a refund so I asked for a refund. I was told it would take 5 working days but told to email in if had not got it by then.

So after 5 days I decided to call up instead to try & get an update only to be informed it could take 10 working days for a refund. But as they couldn't provided me an update to the refund & confirm how much I would be getting I was advised to email the sea life centre which I did do on the 8th Sep. By Thursday the 12th still had no reply & that was the 10th working day since I ask for the refund as well I called back up but still the call centre was unable to provide me any information even when giving them the order number. An the women's reply was since you have already emailed in you have to wait 5 working days for a reply, an didnt want to listen when telling her iv already been waiting two weeks for a refund.

Now Im calling up 0871 number's to get an update which is costing me money. An they refuse to give me a direct number to the London seal life centre. an cant find a cheaper number

Does anyone know any method or alternative options to try & get my refund? Would the bank consider stepping in & refund the payment I paid with my card & then if the sea life centre want there part of the money still they will have to contact me for it?

10 Comments

Banned

Try putting the phone number into here to see if if comes up with a geographical (non-0871) number.

saynoto0870.com/sea…php

Original Poster

Thanks but iv already tried that & it dont come up with a cheaper number

If you used your credit card or had to use your overdraft to pay you can get the card provider to step in. I would either contact the sea life center direct and if no joy write to them (recorded delivery) giving them a further 7 days to refund your money or you will be taking them to the small claims court. Might also be a good idea to ring the CAB they will properly give you the same advice but the complaint will be logged and maybe sent to the trading standards. I also see they have a facebook page, might be worth a try to contact them on their wall and see if that jogs them into action.
Edited by: "PinkHaven" 14th Sep 2013

Banned

Use weq4u to phone them

Its an app which makes calls to these numbers free
Its worth a try as many numbers work

Original Poster

PinkHaven

If you used your credit card or had to use your overdraft to pay you can … If you used your credit card or had to use your overdraft to pay you can get the card provider to step in. I would either contact the sea life center direct and if no joy write to them (recorded delivery) giving them a further 7 days to refund your money or you will be taking them to the small claims court. Might also be a good idea to ring the CAB they will properly give you the same advice but the complaint will be logged and maybe sent to the trading standards. I also see they have a facebook page, might be worth a try to contact them on their wall and see if that jogs them into action.

The phone number on the seal life website & the one on the facebook page is the same & it only goes to a call centre. An wont provide a direct number to the London sea life centre. An looking at the FB page I cant see a message them button so I could post on there wall but not saying they will reply to it.

I paid with a visa electron card, do you know if the bank would step in using that card? Yeah I could try writing to them & hopefully that might get them moving to sort it.

sohail94

Use weq4u to phone themIts an app which makes calls to these numbers … Use weq4u to phone themIts an app which makes calls to these numbers freeIts worth a try as many numbers work

Never heard of that app before, Sounds like it could be a very useful app. Unfortunately iv got a window's phone so cant use the app but did notice that they other another option for people to use there landline's so might try that in a bit

Banned

PinkHaven

If you used your credit card or had to use your overdraft to pay you can … If you used your credit card or had to use your overdraft to pay you can get the card provider to step in. I would either contact the sea life center direct and if no joy write to them (recorded delivery) giving them a further 7 days to refund your money or you will be taking them to the small claims court. Might also be a good idea to ring the CAB they will properly give you the same advice but the complaint will be logged and maybe sent to the trading standards. I also see they have a facebook page, might be worth a try to contact them on their wall and see if that jogs them into action.

sohail94

Use weq4u to phone themIts an app which makes calls to these numbers … Use weq4u to phone themIts an app which makes calls to these numbers freeIts worth a try as many numbers work

Read this on their website

Not got Android or iPhone? Just dial 0333 5432111, and then the number you wish to reach. WeQ4U calls are included in your regular phone minutes, just like 01 or 02 calls, whether you use landline or mobile phone

Section 75 of the Consumer Credit Act states that as long as the goods cost over £100 you can get a refund even if you only paid part of it on a credit card. This only applies to credit cards not debit cards.
moneysavingexpert.com/sho…ses

Or do Chargeback on debit cards and credit cards for under £100 value.
moneysavingexpert.com/sho…ack

Try tweeting them, the negative tweets can usually get them moving

Original Poster

DangerousBeans

Section 75 of the Consumer Credit Act states that as long as the goods … Section 75 of the Consumer Credit Act states that as long as the goods cost over £100 you can get a refund even if you only paid part of it on a credit card. This only applies to credit cards not debit cards.http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/shopping/section75-protect-your-purchasesOr do Chargeback on debit cards and credit cards for under £100 value.http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/shopping/visa-mastercard-chargeback

Might pop in to the bank on Monday & see what they say about using the charge back to sort it out.

aircanman

Try tweeting them, the negative tweets can usually get them moving

Not a bad idea iv sent them a tweet not sure they will see it over the weekend, but you never know lol
Post a comment
@
    Text